Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

That's the irony. They already have a fine back-up qb. It's just that they're using him as a starter.

Tom Kennedy earned a spot on the team, made-up excuse was he didn't qualify for Special Teams, really? . . ...On the backup QB's & not drafting at least one, shame on you!

FYI: Lions have Zero players on the 2022-23 top 100-players list, SOL's.

Books in Las Vegas are receiving minimal action on the Lions in either direction. I suspect the nation is bored with them.

Agree. I don't know what else Kennedy needed to do to make the team, particularly with his clutch plays. I read today that he got re-signed to the practice squad, so maybe he'll get his chance as WR's are frequently injured. Word is that GM Holmes wanted to keep all his draft picks. Maybe thought it would make him look like he made a bad pick if a journeyman beat out one his picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Tom Kennedy earned a spot on the team, made-up excuse was he didn't qualify for Special Teams, really? . . ...On the backup QB's & not drafting at least one, shame on you!

Campbell made it clear early on that, when it comes to backup players, with everything else equal, those that can contribute on special teams will beat out those that cannot. Players get promoted from the practice squad all the time. I expect we'll see Kennedy sooner rather than later.

And, as far as no players on the top 100, they have one of the youngest, if not the youngest roster in the NFL, and they're in Year 2 of a full tear down and rebuild. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    That's the irony. They already have a fine back-up qb. It's just that they're using him as a starter.
    Did I dream the part where, in a two year stretch, he had passer ratings over 100, two playoff appearances including a trip to the Super Bowl?

This guy CAN succeed. It makes no sense for people to want him to fail. If he does well, we have two first round picks that we can use on positions other than the QB. Who wouldn't want that?

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Did I dream the part where, in a two year stretch, he had passer ratings over 100, two playoff appearances including a trip to the Super Bowl?

This guy CAN succeed. It makes no sense for people to want him to fail. If he does well, we have two first round picks that we can use on positions other than the QB. Who wouldn't want that?
    I didn't watch much of the Lions last year so I honestly don't know how good he is. Then again, when I did watch, he rarely threw more than 5 yards. Hope he succeeds, but then it's the Lions so...

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Campbell made it clear early on that, when it comes to backup players, with everything else equal, those that can contribute on special teams will beat out those that cannot. Players get promoted from the practice squad all the time. I expect we'll see Kennedy sooner rather than later.

And, as far as no players on the top 100, they have one of the youngest, if not the youngest roster in the NFL, and they're in Year 2 of a full tear down and rebuild. Sheesh.
    With all due respect, how are you figuring year two of the rebuild? If my arithmetic is correct, I believe we are in year 65 of the rebuild.

I am picking 7 wins this season and everyone will be happy.

Kool Aid drinkers will be thrilled with more than double the wins over last year and the folks that love to constantly drone on about past Lions failure like it is some sort of brilliant epiphany that will amaze the rest of us will be equally satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    With all due respect, how are you figuring year two of the rebuild? If my arithmetic is correct, I believe we are in year 65 of the rebuild.
    This is year two of Campbell and Brad Holmes cleaning up the absolute mess that "smartest guy in the room" Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn created, including the toxic culture that drove away some of the best players.

Keep in mind, Patricia was hired to take the Lions to the next level, after Jim Caldwell made the playoffs twice and was fired despite being the only coach with a winning record as HC since Gary Moeller's one partial season in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    This is year two of Campbell and Brad Holmes cleaning up the absolute mess that "smartest guy in the room" Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn created, including the toxic culture that drove away some of the best players.

Keep in mind, Patricia was hired to take the Lions to the next level, after Jim Caldwell made the playoffs twice and was fired despite being the only coach with a winning record as HC since Gary Moeller's one partial season in 2000.
    Of course you’re right, this is year two of the current rebuild. Pardon me, but my problem is, this rebuild got lumped in with the previous 10 or so. Its so confusing, forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I am picking 7 wins this season and everyone will be happy.

Kool Aid drinkers will be thrilled with more than double the wins over last year and the folks that love to constantly drone on about past Lions failure like it is some sort of brilliant epiphany that will amaze the rest of us will be equally satisfied.
    Au contraire mon frere. Seven wins will not make everyone happy, not even close. Virtually every year after about 25% of the season is over, a huge contingent of the “let’s tank for draft picks” Lions fan comes out of the woodwork. 7 wins don’t do anything for those people, that’ll be a 10th or 12th first round pick. It’s nothing new, this has also been going on for decades, you must not have been paying attention.

Of course you’re right, this is year two of the current rebuild. Pardon me, but my problem is, this rebuild got lumped in with the previous 10 or so. Its so confusing, forgive me.
    It also gets confusing when all 4 of your franchises are rebuilding at the same time. I'm hoping I live to see one of them complete their rebuild, or maybe I'll just settle for seeing the Hudson's Site completed.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It also gets confusing when all 4 of your franchises are rebuilding at the same time. I'm hoping I live to see one of them complete their rebuild, or maybe I'll just settle for seeing the Hudson's Site completed.
    Or the Uniroyal Plant site completed. . .with Goff ranked 22nd, Defense ranked 27th, & the Secondary ranked 32nd for the upcoming season, the towel will be tossed by X-Gvg.

Name:  Lions.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  149.1 KB

Au contraire mon frere. Seven wins will not make everyone happy, not even close. Virtually every year after about 25% of the season is over, a huge contingent of the “let’s tank for draft picks” Lions fan comes out of the woodwork. 7 wins don’t do anything for those people, that’ll be a 10th or 12th first round pick. It’s nothing new, this has also been going on for decades, you must not have been paying attention.
    Lol. It is a bit early… But there is logic in it. Why wait for the first week of October? Might as well get it going now. Tank for Stroud!!!

Same Ole' losing Lions

EAGLES 38
    LIONS 35

0-1

One down sixteen to go.

The Eagles has landed on them Pitiful. They are on their way for a great season.

Close game. Could'a gone either way on a bounce. I am still hopeful out here in the Vegas desert.

Goff looked pretty good. Receivers dropped a few. Swift is very impressive, both running and catching the ball. Forgot to mend D Fence though.
    Was Hutchinson playing? It was hard to tell.

I thought the offense looked pretty good. Defense didn't look very good at all, Goff looked serviceable I think, the onside kick was a head scratcher. This was a lot better than last year's 44-6 drubbing by the Eagles. It was an entertaining game; it'll be interesting to see how they do next week against Washington. They should win that one handily, the Lions do not have an overly tough schedule. Maybe they can win 8 or 9 games.

Excuse me, got to turn down the oven, I like my cornbread soft, not too crusty - but the aroma is intoxicating.

Lions still lacking the very basic fundamentals of the game which Hard Knocks evidently missed; catching the ball [[16 dropped) & tackling [[multi-million dollar man Hutchinson 0).

...catching the ball [[16 dropped) & tackling [[multi-million dollar man Hutchinson 0).
    I counted five or six catchable flubs. Absent those, Goff would have been a respectable 26/37 or 27/37, and possibly the Lions would have won. The offensive line played well with minimal penalties. Also, running backs were impressive; and hopefully they will remain healthy which rarely happens on any NFL squad.

Fact: Aidan Hutchinson, in his NFL debut, was graded as 120st out of 121 in pass rush for edge defenders. Maybe someone can help with his karaoke singing & dancing career now that HBO Hard Knockelhead is over. . . ...

He was fine. It's his first game, and against one of the best LTs in the NFL. He got some good pressures against a mobile QB and defended the run very well. Lots to improve, but it's really weird seeing all these Spartan fans frothing at the mouth for him to be a failure. There's some bad energy in that fanbase.

Btw, didn't Stafford throw like three picks and 0 TDs in his debut?

That's fine Catz!

LIONS 36
    COMMANDERS 27

1-1

Two down fifteen to go.

They still got a long way to go.
    Last edited by Danny; September-19-22 at 09:54 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast