Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Seattle, 8-8, must defeat the Rams and hope Packers lose to qualify for postseason berth
    Hawks reach final week with playoffs still in sight | Sports | dnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Seattle, 8-8, must defeat the Rams and hope Packers lose to qualify for postseason berth
    Hawks reach final week with playoffs still in sight | Sports | dnews.com

I'd rather put the Seahawks in the playoffs if we can't get in. Hope the Lions wipe up Lambeau field with them damn "cheeseheads"

Pure Michigan: Lions vs Packers 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_d6Vx4bA34

The plans had changed. Detroit Lions MUST beat the Packers for the play-off berth. Doesn't matter if the Seahawks win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The plans had changed. Detroit Lions MUST beat the Packers for the play-off berth. Doesn't matter if the Seahawks win or lose.

Wrong. If the Seahawks win and the Lions win, the Seahawks are in due to Lion's loss in week 4 to Seattle. The Lions need the Seahawks to lose and they beat GB. That's the only way they get in. What sucks is how these games were scheduled. The Seattle game is at 4:30, so the Lions will know their fate way before they play GB at 8:30 Sunday night.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-06-23 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yes, it does. If the Seahawks win and the Lions win, the Seahawks are in due to Lion's loss in week 4 to Seattle. The Lions need the Seahawks to lose and they beat GB. That's the only way they get in. What sucks is how these games were scheduled. The Seattle game is at 4:30, so the Lions will know their fate way before they play GB at 8:30 Sunday night.
    That's the only way they get in.

Wrong. If the Seahawks win and the Lions win, the Seahawks are in due to Lion's loss in week 4 to Seattle. The Lions need the Seahawks to lose and they beat GB. That's the only way they get in. What sucks is how these games were scheduled. The Seattle game is at 4:30, so the Lions will know their fate way before they play GB at 8:30 Sunday night.

The NFL Commission has changed the rules after the incident of the Bengal/Bills game. So the Seahawks will remain 7th seed.

The NFL Commission has changed the rules after the incident of the Bengal/Bills game. So the Seahawks will remain 7th seed.
    You're wrong on this. Best record matters for a playoff birth. Lions need Seahawks to lose. That's the only spot available at 9-8.

The Lions need to win this game, no matter if they are already out or not come game time. At a national level, the Sunday Night game is, quite simply, "The Packers Game." If they get this win, playoffs or not, they will be on the radar moving forward.

That, and f**k the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    The Lions need to win this game, no matter if they are already out or not come game time. At a national level, the Sunday Night game is, quite simply, "The Packers Game." If they get this win, playoffs or not, they will be on the radar moving forward.

That, and f**k the Packers.
    Absolutely agree, I hate the Packers. Keep them out of the Playoffs - It'll piss off the NFL too. You know they want Rogers in there.

Here's how it goes.

Lions win Seahawks lose, Lions in.

Lions lose Seahawks win, Lions out and Packers in

Lions lose Seahawks lose, Seahawks in and Packers in.

Here's how it goes.

Lions win Seahawks lose, Lions in.

Lions lose Seahawks win, Lions out and Packers in

Lions lose Seahawks lose, Seahawks in and Packers in.

Dude, the Seahawks and Packers both can't get in. It's one or the other. The Packers just get in behind a Detroit and Seattle loss. It's not hard man...

Dude, the Seahawks and Packers both can't get in. It's one or the other. The Packers just get in behind a Detroit and Seattle loss. It's not hard man...
    ....and the Packers hold the tiebreaker should Seahawks win.

Bandwagon is really slowing down. Seems like a good time to jump off.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Bandwagon is really slowing down. Seems like a good time to jump off.
    Me and the other guy left up here new ya couldn’t cut it as soon as it got a little cold out 401. Lol

Lions kick the cheeseheads out of the playoffs on a January night in Lambeau on national TV. Sweet Victory.

Lets give credit where credit is due, after the playoff door closed on Lions less than a hour before kickoff they went out on the field and showed a hell of a lot of Grit and won the game.

9-8 Record and plenty of foundation to build on in the off-season.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-09-23 at 12:01 AM.

PLAYER STATS
    DETROIT LIONS

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Player Comp. / ATT YDS TD INT RAT
    J. Goff 23 / 34 224 0 0 85.9

Player Comp. / ATT YDS TD INT RAT
    A. Rodgers 17 / 27 205 1 1 83.1

Honestly I think beating Green Bay but missing the playoffs is better for this franchise in the long term. This team plays their best with a chip on their shoulder. Now with the most important players due back next season and two top 20 draft picks added to the picture, they can spend the next 8 months focusing on making the playoffs and likely being the favorite in the NFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Honestly I think beating Green Bay but missing the playoffs is better for this franchise in the long term. This team plays their best with a chip on their shoulder. Now with the most important players due back next season and two top 20 draft picks added to the picture, they can spend the next 8 months focusing on making the playoffs and likely being the favorite in the NFC North.
    A young team is always better to gain playoff experience but the draft picks are huge since they have 2 2nd round picks with the Hockenson trade also.

They absolutely need a better backup QB. Other teams have them, for years all we've had is dogmeat.

Name:  wayne [[2).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  82.2 KB

[QUOTE=CassTechGrad;630929]/QUOTE]
    IIRC paranormal activities were responsible for placing a stash of blow in his Cadillac.

With the Lions defense ranking dead-last [[32nd) in yards/G this year, 29th last year, how does DC Aaron Glenn keep his position? SOLs?

Joe Woods/DC Cleveland fired [[ranked 14th)
    Dean Pees/DC Atlanta pushed-out [[ranked 27th)

I'm curious how the Lions defense was ranked in the second half vs. the first half of the season. They weren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but they seemed vastly improved, which I think helped them win 8 of their last 10.

I'm not sure I see your case. But, then again, I suppose that those still throwing out 'SOL' are likely going to be focused on any negative they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    I'm curious how the Lions defense was ranked in the second half vs. the first half of the season. They weren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but they seemed vastly improved, which I think helped them win 8 of their last 10.

I'm not sure I see your case. But, then again, I suppose that those still throwing out 'SOL' are likely going to be focused on any negative they can find.
    Yeah a lot of rookies and new guys took a while to jell. Hutchison was a different player the 2nd half. You have to think 2 of those 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds will go to defense so it will only get better assuming they can keep the free agents they want to.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast