Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    The Lions need to win this game, no matter if they are already out or not come game time. At a national level, the Sunday Night game is, quite simply, "The Packers Game." If they get this win, playoffs or not, they will be on the radar moving forward.

That, and f**k the Packers.
    Absolutely agree, I hate the Packers. Keep them out of the Playoffs - It'll piss off the NFL too. You know they want Rogers in there.

Here's how it goes.

Lions win Seahawks lose, Lions in.

Lions lose Seahawks win, Lions out and Packers in

Lions lose Seahawks lose, Seahawks in and Packers in.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Here's how it goes.

Lions win Seahawks lose, Lions in.

Lions lose Seahawks win, Lions out and Packers in

Lions lose Seahawks lose, Seahawks in and Packers in.

Dude, the Seahawks and Packers both can't get in. It's one or the other. The Packers just get in behind a Detroit and Seattle loss. It's not hard man...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Dude, the Seahawks and Packers both can't get in. It's one or the other. The Packers just get in behind a Detroit and Seattle loss. It's not hard man...
    ....and the Packers hold the tiebreaker should Seahawks win.

That is correct.

Bandwagon is really slowing down. Seems like a good time to jump off.

Well done Comeback Cats!

LIONS 20
    PACKERS 16

9-8

We kept the Packers from the Playoffs, but since Seattle Seahawks grab the Rams by the horns, The Lions will miss the playoffs. Campbell keep his job, not sure about Goff's QB future and hopefully some new skillful players from the offseason camp will make the cats comeback for 2023 fall season that on the way to the playoffs.

Thank you Lions for making the season great for Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Bandwagon is really slowing down. Seems like a good time to jump off.
    Me and the other guy left up here new ya couldn’t cut it as soon as it got a little cold out 401. Lol

Lions kick the cheeseheads out of the playoffs on a January night in Lambeau on national TV. Sweet Victory.

Lets give credit where credit is due, after the playoff door closed on Lions less than a hour before kickoff they went out on the field and showed a hell of a lot of Grit and won the game.

9-8 Record and plenty of foundation to build on in the off-season.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-09-23 at 12:01 AM.

PLAYER STATS
    DETROIT LIONS

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Player Comp. / ATT YDS TD INT RAT
    J. Goff 23 / 34 224 0 0 85.9

Player Comp. / ATT YDS TD INT RAT
    A. Rodgers 17 / 27 205 1 1 83.1

Honestly I think beating Green Bay but missing the playoffs is better for this franchise in the long term. This team plays their best with a chip on their shoulder. Now with the most important players due back next season and two top 20 draft picks added to the picture, they can spend the next 8 months focusing on making the playoffs and likely being the favorite in the NFC North.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Honestly I think beating Green Bay but missing the playoffs is better for this franchise in the long term. This team plays their best with a chip on their shoulder. Now with the most important players due back next season and two top 20 draft picks added to the picture, they can spend the next 8 months focusing on making the playoffs and likely being the favorite in the NFC North.
    A young team is always better to gain playoff experience but the draft picks are huge since they have 2 2nd round picks with the Hockenson trade also.

Well done Comeback Cats!

LIONS 20
    PACKERS 16

9-8

We kept the Packers from the Playoffs, but since Seattle Seahawks grab the Rams by the horns, The Lions will miss the playoffs. Campbell keep his job, not sure about Goff's QB future and hopefully some new skillful players from the offseason camp will make the cats comeback for 2023 fall season that on the way to the playoffs.

The Ford family better give Goff what he need to stay with the Lions for one or two more years to keep the momentum going. The Lions had been playing like a championship team for the latter half of the season. This is the best team that the Lions had for decades. A good running and passing game. A good defense. The NFL should take the team away from Detroit if the Fird family disrupt this lineup that has the propensity to go beyond the first round of the playoffs next season. This Lions team have the talent to go to the Superbowl next year. Any shakeup in next season's roster would prove to me that the Ford family only care about making a profit fir themselves and filling the stands and not will to put out to win a championship

You're wrong on this. Best record matters for a playoff birth. Lions need Seahawks to lose. That's the only spot available at 9-8.
    I'm glad someone else tried to correct Danny besides me. He has it all wrong. It's all academic anyway. Next year, the Lions shouldn't have to depend on other teams to get in. They have a bright future.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-09-23 at 11:50 AM.

Well done Comeback Cats!

LIONS 20
    PACKERS 16

9-8

"Campbell keep his job, not sure about Goff's QB future"??? What the hell are you smokin???

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The Ford family better give Goff what he need to stay with the Lions for one or two more years to keep the momentum going. The Lions had been playing like a championship team for the latter half of the season. This is the best team that the Lions had for decades. A good running and passing game. A good defense. The NFL should take the team away from Detroit if the Fird family disrupt this lineup that has the propensity to go beyond the first round of the playoffs next season. This Lions team have the talent to go to the Superbowl next year. Any shakeup in next season's roster would prove to me that the Ford family only care about making a profit fir themselves and filling the stands and not will to put out to win a championship
    Another person smoking something. This is not a Ford decision. They have something called a general manager and all NFL teams spend to the cap so it's not a money decision either.

Another person smoking something. This is not a Ford decision. They have something called a general manager and all NFL teams spend to the cap so it's not a money decision either.
    Correct. I don't know where some people come up with these crazy assumptions. Brad Holmes has done a great job reconstructing this team and Campbell has helped change the losing mentality and culture. And they have 2 first-round picks in the draft. I'm pretty sure they'll keep the momentum train rolling next year.

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the momentum train rolling next year.
    Correct. Brad Holmes has done a great job

I'm glad someone else tried to correct Danny besides me. He has it all wrong. It's all academic anyway. Next year, the Lions shouldn't have to depend on other teams to get in. They have a bright future.
    I was right. Lions are not going to the playoffs. They had played a great season and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    "Campbell keep his job, not sure about Goff's QB future"??? What the hell are you smokin???
    2022 NFL Season Leaders Total QBR | ESPN

I was right. Lions are not going to the playoffs. They had played a great season and that's that.

Your message is confusing.We all know they didn't make it, but carry on..

The Lions should have only one goal next season. Win this 4-team division for the 1st time in 30 years. We still finished 4 games behind the Vikings.

The Lions finished this season healthier than they have been in a generation. Every year is different. There were teams that lost 3 quarterbacks to injury. We've been there.

We went from the 2nd worst team in the NFL to the middle of the pack. The next steps aren't as easy.

I had them at 4-5 gritty wins, so don't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The Lions should have only one goal next season. Win this 4-team division for the 1st time in 30 years. We still finished 4 games behind the Vikings.

The Lions finished this season healthier than they have been in a generation. Every year is different. There were teams that lost 3 quarterbacks to injury. We've been there.

We went from the 2nd worst team in the NFL to the middle of the pack. The next steps aren't as easy.

I had them at 4-5 gritty wins, so don't listen to me.
    Yeah they were lucky Goss stayed healthy. They need to sign a decent back-up.

They absolutely need a better backup QB. Other teams have them, for years all we've had is dogmeat.

Name:  wayne [[2).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  82.2 KB

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast