Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Seahawks and the Packers are winning their games. This means Lions MUST win against the Packers and Seahawks MUST lose against the Rams in order for the LIONS to make the wild card game.
    That loss to Carolina last week really hurt. I don’t think they’re going to get in now, but at least they have a chance and they kept it interesting.

Aaron Rogers has thrown so much shade on the Lions since the Packers 15-9 loss in Detroit on November 6th that Dan Campbell will have no shortage of bulletin board material to motivate his team to beat the tar out of the cheeseheads and end their playoff hopes.

In my opinion the first real ‘bite the kneecaps off’ moment will have arrived next weekend. Winning in this league requires beating your division opponents. This season has made an improvement in that but the work is far from finished. Sweeping GB and ending the packers season would be huge lift for taking this team to where they need to be mentally to win a Division title next year no matter what happens with Seattle.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-01-23 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Aaron Rogers has thrown so much shade on the Lions since the Packers 15-9 loss in Detroit on November 6th that Dan Campbell will have no shortage of bulletin board material to motivate his team to beat the tar out of the cheeseheads and end their playoff hopes.

In my opinion the first real ‘bite the kneecaps off’ moment will have arrived next weekend. Winning in this league requires beating your division opponents. This season has made an improvement in that but the work is far from finished. Sweeping GB and ending the packers season would be huge lift for taking this team to where they need to be mentally to win a Division title next year no matter what happens with Seattle.
    No need to get greedy. I'm happy with a tie.

Couldn't agree more, even if the Seahawks win, I would get great satisfaction out of a Lions win over the Packers. Slay the dragon, drive a stake through Aaron Rogers heart. Maybe he'll retire already.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Couldn't agree more, even if the Seahawks win, I would get great satisfaction out of a Lions win over the Packers. Slay the dragon, drive a stake through Aaron Rogers heart. Maybe he'll retire already.

For sure. We can't expect the Rams to beat Seattle. They have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse. So if we beat GB even if it means not getting in, I'd be satisfied. That early season loss to Seattle at home didn't help as well as the ass-kicking in Carolina. Lion's biggest game in a while either way. They're talking about flexing the game to SNF. we'll see.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-02-23 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    ...beat GB even if it means not getting in, I'd be satisfied.
    Ditto. And consoled because Detoit's first round draft pick from the Rams would be at least one wrung higher than if the Rams were to beat Seattle.

P.S. Both Rams and Seahawks are riddled with injuries as of this morning.

[QUOTE=Henry Whalley;630726]Ditto. And consoled because Detoit's first round draft pick from the Rams would be at least one wrung higher than if the Rams were to beat Seattle.
    Tracking the Detroit Lions 2023 NFL draft slots after Week 17 [[msn.com)

The Lions did far better this season than I expected. It feels great to hear them mentioned in playoff talk. I'd love to see them humble Aaron Rogers but I don't think it's going to happen. They won't beat the Packers.

Well, he kinda walked back his statements about Detroit, saying this team isn't the SOL, same old lions. He acknowledges that they're pretty good. Still want to beat those cheeseheads in the worst way.

Game moved to night so good chance it's meaningless for Lions. Thanks NFL.

I'd love to see the Lions shut up Mr. Know-It-All Rogers in his home stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Game moved to night so good chance it's meaningless for Lions. Thanks NFL.
    Agreed, but the Seahawks have been inconsistent and have plenty of injuries. Go Baker Mayfield!

Did a Lions' player die on the field circa 30-40 years ago? I do recall that a player named Utley was paralyzed.

P.S. At one time, coaches encouraged players to maim the opposition, decapitate QBs, etc. IIRC it was scandalous among Saints' coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Did a Lions' player die on the field circa 30-40 years ago? .
    Remembering the tragic day Detroit Lions' Chuck Hughes died on the field 50 years ago [[yahoo.com)

Yes, it's true. Chuck Hughes died from a heart attack at Tiger Stadium. At that time the Bobby Layne Curse kicked in.

The game killed him.
    Last edited by Danny; January-03-23 at 07:53 AM.

Seattle, 8-8, must defeat the Rams and hope Packers lose to qualify for postseason berth
    Hawks reach final week with playoffs still in sight | Sports | dnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Seattle, 8-8, must defeat the Rams and hope Packers lose to qualify for postseason berth
    Hawks reach final week with playoffs still in sight | Sports | dnews.com

I'd rather put the Seahawks in the playoffs if we can't get in. Hope the Lions wipe up Lambeau field with them damn "cheeseheads"

It was near the end of a loss to the Chicago Bears on a warmish, but dreary and drizzly fall day. I was in Section 14 in the upper deck of Tiger Stadium with my parents and couple family friends. When Hughes just fell to the ground like a board and lay there unmoving I think everyone knew immediately something was very wrong. Once the doctors had been on the field visibly pounding on his chest and the ambulance siren could be heard over the hushed crowd driving away from the stadium I think everyone thought the worst. A few minutes after the game ended it was confirmed.

It was October 24, 1971. I've never forgotten it. What I saw in the Cincinnati - Buffalo game last night I was eerily and frighteningly reminiscent of that day. But with more modern technology they got his heart restarted. Deeply hoping for Damar Hamlin's recovery.

Pure Michigan: Lions vs Packers 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_d6Vx4bA34

The plans had changed. Detroit Lions MUST beat the Packers for the play-off berth. Doesn't matter if the Seahawks win or lose.

The plans had changed. Detroit Lions MUST beat the Packers for the play-off berth. Doesn't matter if the Seahawks win or lose.

Wrong. If the Seahawks win and the Lions win, the Seahawks are in due to Lion's loss in week 4 to Seattle. The Lions need the Seahawks to lose and they beat GB. That's the only way they get in. What sucks is how these games were scheduled. The Seattle game is at 4:30, so the Lions will know their fate way before they play GB at 8:30 Sunday night.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; January-06-23 at 11:52 AM.

Yes, it does. If the Seahawks win and the Lions win, the Seahawks are in due to Lion's loss in week 4 to Seattle. The Lions need the Seahawks to lose and they beat GB. That's the only way they get in. What sucks is how these games were scheduled. The Seattle game is at 4:30, so the Lions will know their fate way before they play GB at 8:30 Sunday night.
    That's the only way they get in.

The Lions need to win this game, no matter if they are already out or not come game time. At a national level, the Sunday Night game is, quite simply, "The Packers Game." If they get this win, playoffs or not, they will be on the radar moving forward.

That, and f**k the Packers.

Wrong. If the Seahawks win and the Lions win, the Seahawks are in due to Lion's loss in week 4 to Seattle. The Lions need the Seahawks to lose and they beat GB. That's the only way they get in. What sucks is how these games were scheduled. The Seattle game is at 4:30, so the Lions will know their fate way before they play GB at 8:30 Sunday night.

The NFL Commission has changed the rules after the incident of the Bengal/Bills game. So the Seahawks will remain 7th seed.

The NFL Commission has changed the rules after the incident of the Bengal/Bills game. So the Seahawks will remain 7th seed.
    You're wrong on this. Best record matters for a playoff birth. Lions need Seahawks to lose. That's the only spot available at 9-8.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast