Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    As long as the Lions keep winning and the Rams continue to lose, that pick won't be a valuable as it once was, which means the Rams won the trade. Genius...
    I thought it was the other way around. But you're probably correct.

It seems that most sports talking heads think that Goff is a good QB.

Nice job Lions!

LIONS 31
    GIANTS 18

4-6

Ten down seven to go.

The wins in a row! Did Coach Campbell make some improvements? They gave the giants sloppy defense and offensive. Lions defense and offensive are working well. Now they can get a win on Thanksgiving Day? David has beaten Goliath.
    Last edited by Danny; November-20-22 at 04:22 PM.

And this while Ford Field itself saw the Buffalo Bills, snowed out of their own stadium back in New York, defeated the Cleveland Browns 31-23.

The Bills will be playing another Ford Field game this Thanksgiving, of course versus the Lions.

1st 3 game winning streak in 5 years, yikes! Bills will be a tough game but they look beatable. I switched between the 2 games and Allen looked bad again in the 1st half but finally got it together.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    1st 3 game winning streak in 5 years, yikes! Bills will be a tough game but they look beatable. I switched between the 2 games and Allen looked bad again in the 1st half but finally got it together.
    Goff is a good QB

The maturation and improvement of this team continues. It seems each game a young or rookie player has a breakout game. Today it was the DT McNeill. Hutchinson continues to be a highlight reel with another interception and a fumble recovery. Lotsa folks going hmmm now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The maturation and improvement of this team continues. It seems each game a young or rookie player has a breakout game. Today it was the DT McNeill. Hutchinson continues to be a highlight reel with another interception and a fumble recovery. Lotsa folks going hmmm now.
    I admit I haven't watched much this year but although Huthinson has made the interceptions he doesn't seem to be getting to the qb much. The Lions don't appear to have any pass rush again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    It seems that most sports talking heads think that Goff is a good QB.
    I'm delighted about that win over the Giants today, but I didn't think Goff looked great out there. I thought he looked good and played acceptable enough to win. I just wasn't overly impressed with him.

Their O-line is just unprecedented in this town. Those guys are pushing pretty good defenses all over the place making running lanes. Fun to watch.
    Yet in spite of that in this one the Defense deserves the game ball. They shut down Barcley like they have been stomping the run all season which we all know they haven’t been. Hopefully the kids on the D can keep this going and build on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I'm delighted about that win over the Giants today, but I didn't think Goff looked great out there. I thought he looked good and played acceptable enough to win. I just wasn't overly impressed with him.
    Agree. Another horrendous pick saved only by the yellow flag. Goff has shown no deep ball threat or a drop of running ability. He’s playing behind one of the best O-lines in the league and looks middle of the pack at best. He still has 7 games to prove he is worth 30 Mill next season but he needs to do much more to justify that investment.

I admit I haven't watched much this year but although Huthinson has made the interceptions he doesn't seem to be getting to the qb much. The Lions don't appear to have any pass rush again this year.
    Hutchinson has 5.5 sacks and two interceptions at this point, impressive statistics for a rookie but that doesn't tell the story. He is making the highlight plays. The interception yesterday is being acknowledged as the turning point of a game stuck at 6-3. Four plays later the Lions score and don't look back. His fumble recovery that he facilitated by his position in the play slammed the door.

The goal line pick against Aaron Rogers was another game and morale changer. His presence is drawing double teams allowing players like DT McNeill to have a breakout day yesterday. Kerby Joseph at safety had another interception and is likewise having a breakout year.

Now I'm too much of a snake-bitten Lions fan to get too excited but that whole young defense team is getting better every game.

If our linebackers could actually cover the middle of the field, the QB might have to hold onto the ball longer, creating more opportunities for our pass rush. As such, opposing QBs can just get rid of the ball before our attackers can get there.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    He still has 7 games to prove he is worth 30 Mill next season but he needs to do much more to justify that investment.
    IMHO unless you're a QuinnTricia type, you don't fire your team leaders and start rebuilding for the umpteenth time. The O-line should prevent Goff from getting clobbered with sacks like Stafford, who probably no longer can tell whether he's playing in a game or making a bad TV commercial. If Goff stays healthy due to O-line protection, he'll only continue to perfect his game. In terms of dumping an unproductive player, it may be D'Andre Swift whose time is up.

Come on Bills Mafia bring it!

The Lions are getting me all optimistic heading into the Thanksgiving game on national TV; what could go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    The Lions are getting me all optimistic heading into the Thanksgiving game on national TV; what could go wrong!

BUFFALO
    Player POS Injury Status [[Updated)
    Allen QB Elbow day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Allen has a right elbow injury, and it is uncertain if he will take part in Week 12 against the Lions.
    Boettger G Achilles Out indefinitely[[08/23/2022) Boettger has been shifted to the IR/PUP list with an Achilles issue, and team officials have yet to provide an exact return date.
    Crowder WR Ankle Out indefinitely[[10/08/2022) Crowder is on the injured reserve list with a fractured ankle, and team officials have yet to provide an exact return date.
    Doyle T Knee I-R[[09/27/2022) Doyle suffered a torn ACL, and he has been moved to the injured reserve list.
    Edmunds LB Groin day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Edmunds missed the previous game with a groin injury, and it is up in the air if he will take on the Lions during Week 12.
    Elam CB Ankle day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Elam has been absent from the last two games with an ankle ailment, but it is likely that he will lace up against the Lions in Week 12.
    Epenesa DE Ankle day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Epenesa exited the previous game with an ankle injury, and it is undetermined if he will face the Lions in Week 12.
    Hamlin S Neck day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Hamlin is expected to line up against the Lions in Week 12 despite a neck injury.
    Hyde S Neck I-R[[10/12/2022) Hyde has ended up on the injured reserve list after undergoing surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck.
    Kumerow WR Ankle Out indefinitely[[11/17/2022) Kumerow has been posted to the injured reserve list due to an ankle injury, and a return date has yet to be established.
    Lewis CB Forearm day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Lewis is projected to be active Week 12 against the Lions despite a forearm issue.
    Morse C Elbow day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Morse has injuries to his elbow and ankle, leaving his availability for Week 12 versus the Lions unclear.
    Poyer S Elbow day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Poyer is managing an elbow ailment, but it is likely that he will take the field against the Lions during Week 12.
    Quessenberry T Ankle day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Quessenberry is hobbled by an ankle injury, and it has yet to be announced if he will play against the Lions in Week 12.
    Rousseau DE Ankle Out indefinitely[[11/19/2022) Rousseau is idle due to an ankle sprain, and his return timetable is considered week-to-week.
    Stevenson WR Foot day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Stevenson has been moved to the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list after recovering from foot surgery, and he has two weeks to be activated
    White CB Knee day-to-day[[11/20/2022) White has been activated from the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list after recovering from surgery to repair a torn ACL, and it is unclear if he will take the field Week 12 against the Lions.

DETROIT
    Player POS Injury Status [[Updated)
    Benson WR Knee Out indefinitely[[11/18/2022) Benson has been added to the injured reserve list due to a knee injury, and it is unknown when he will return.
    Brown C Ankle day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Brown has an ankle injury, and it is unknown if he will face the Bills in Week 12.
    Cephus WR Foot Out indefinitely[[10/08/2022) Cephus is on the injured reserve list a foot issue, and there is no timetable for return.
    Chark Jr. WR Ankle day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Chark has an ankle injury, leaving his status for Week 12 versus the Bills in question.
    Harris DL Groin day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Harris missed the last contest with a groin injury, and it is unknown if he will be a participant during Week 12 versus the Bills.
    Jackson G Illness day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Jackson is ailing from an illness, and it is uncertain if he will line up against the Lions in Week 12.
    Kraemer G Back Out indefinitely[[09/15/2022) Kraemer has ended up on the injured reserve list due to a back injury, and there is no indication as to when he will return.
    Lucas CB Ankle day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Lucas has missed the previous four games with an ankle injury, and it is unknown if he will take the field Week 12 against the Bills.
    Nelson T Calf Out indefinitely[[11/20/2022) Nelson is idle due to a calf injury, and he will miss an extended period.
    Okudah CB Concussion day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Okudah exited the last game with a concussion, and he will not line up against the Bills during Week 12.
    Okwara DL Achilles Out indefinitely[[08/23/2022) Okwara has been moved to the IR/PUP list with a ruptured Achilles, and it has yet to be established when he will make his season debut.
    Onwuzurike DL Back Out indefinitely[[09/10/2022) Onwuzurike has hit the injured reserve list with a back injury, and there is no timetable for recovery.
    Paschal DE Knee day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Paschal sat out the last contest with a knee ailment, and it is undetermined if he will face the Bills in Week 12.
    Price CB Knee Out indefinitely[[10/22/2022) Price has been added to the injured reserve list with a knee injury, and team officials have yet to provide an official return date.
    Ragnow C Foot [[11/21/2022) Ragnow is hampered by a foot issue, and it is undetermined if he will participate against the Bills in Week 12.
    Reynolds RB Ribs Out indefinitely[[11/09/2022) Reynolds has been placed on the injury reserve list with a rib injury, and there is no timetable for return.
    Reynolds WR Back day-to-day[[11/20/2022) Reynolds has been held out of the previous three contests due to a back injury, and it has yet to be established if he will be active Week 12 versus the Bills.
    Rodriguez LB Elbow day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Rodriguez is expected to take on the Bills in Week 12 despite an elbow injury.
    Swift RB Ankle day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Swift has injuries to his ankle and shoulder, but it is projected that he will line up against the Bills in Week 12.
    Vaitai G Back I-R[[09/14/2022) Vaitai is on the injured reserve list after undergoing back surgery.
    Walker III S Achilles I-R[[09/27/2022) Walker has torn his Achilles and has been designated for the injured reserve list.
    Williams WR Knee day-to-day[[11/21/2022) Williams is on the Injured Reserve/Designated for Return list after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL, and he has three weeks to be activated.

IMHO unless you're a QuinnTricia type, you don't fire your team leaders and start rebuilding for the umpteenth time. The O-line should prevent Goff from getting clobbered with sacks like Stafford, who probably no longer can tell whether he's playing in a game or making a bad TV commercial. If Goff stays healthy due to O-line protection, he'll only continue to perfect his game. In terms of dumping an unproductive player, it may be D'Andre Swift whose time is up.
    Agreed. Only the “QuinnTrica type” would over pay a player by a wide margin. There is a hard salary cap in this league and the Lions have historically badly managed that aspect of building a winner. If Goff is the future here than he has 7 more games to prove it.

[QUOTE=ABetterDetroit;62994If Goff is the future here than he has 7 more games to prove it.[/QUOTE]

IIRC Goff has a guaranteed contract through 2024. I think Sheila Ford and the Lion's brass are pleased with his performance. He's doing well playing behind that solid O-line. He's only 27 years old and hasn't been clobbered to feebleness like poor Stafford.

IIRC Goff has a guaranteed contract through 2024. I think Sheila Ford and the Lion's brass are pleased with his performance. He's doing well playing behind that solid O-line. He's only 27 years old and hasn't been clobbered to feebleness like poor Stafford.
    Not fully guaranteed. He has a $30m cap hit next season, but only $10m of that is guaranteed so they could save $20m if they cut him. To replace him you'd either have to draft and start a rookie Day 1, trade for a veteran, or use that $20m [[and more) to sign someone in free agency.

I don't like any of those options. I think even if they did draft a high 1st round QB, they'd prefer to ease him in. As far as trades, I don't think there will be any premier guys on the trading block, and even if so, I don't think the Lions are in the position to commit what would likely be a lot of draft capital and cap space to bring them in. That leaves signing a veteran, and outside of Lamar Jackson, who I don't believe Baltimore has any intention of letting walk, it'll likely be the same carousel of guys that are all going to come with their own set of problems and probably won't be an upgrade.

So, bottom line, even though we could save $20m in cap space by letting Goff go, I think he'll still be here at least one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    So, bottom line, even though we could save $20m in cap space by letting Goff go, I think he'll still be here at least one more year.
    Agreed, Goff will be here 1-2 more years. And running QBs like Lamar Jackson tend to have short careers.

I don't know if they could pull off grass in Ford Field. I know a lot of soccer teams and the Packers use those huge grow lights on wheels, but I'm not sure that would be enough to keep grass alive indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I don't know if they could pull off grass in Ford Field. I know a lot of soccer teams and the Packers use those huge grow lights on wheels, but I'm not sure that would be enough to keep grass alive indoors.
    It 100% would not.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast