Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

[QUOTE=softailrider;630473]Jared Goff wasn't sharp.../QUOTE]

But the Jets have a great defense. I expected a low scoring game. The Lions' OL committed five or six penalties due to DL pressure from the Jets but allowed zero sacks. Lions didn't give up turnovers. IOW it's not that Goff wasn't sharp. It's that they faced a good defensive team.

[QUOTE=Henry Whalley;630481]
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Jared Goff wasn't sharp.../QUOTE]

But the Jets have a great defense. I expected a low scoring game. The Lions' OL committed five or six penalties due to DL pressure from the Jets but allowed zero sacks. Lions didn't give up turnovers. IOW it's not that Goff wasn't sharp. It's that they faced a good defensive team.
    Agree. Now that I'm watching a few games I'm appreciating Goff more. He's very good at avoiding turnovers by "taking what they give you" rather than trying to force it.

W
    The Lions has everything in place to get to the playoffs next year. The team just need a little improvement with thr cornerbacks and safeties especially when opposing teams have great passing games. Goffstown possibly the best quarterback the Lions had in years. Receivers and tight ends are holding on to balls and being there when Goff need them there. The running game is there. The defense is great. The coaching is good. I think that if the Lions make it to the Superbowl it will not be because they are a Cinderella team. It will be because they had built up to it

Most exciting 7-7 lions team ever. They are the talk of the league.

I was wrong. Terribly wrong. I’ve been to a couple of games. One last week and the other against Seattle.

to refresh your memory: Seattle never punted. Not once.

Up to 10 in the USA Today Power Rankings, ahead of teams like the Bucs and Patriots. When was the last decade that happened?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s/10909372002/

Win-Loss record of Lions' final three opponents:

W L
    14 28

IOW, an aggregate win/lose rate of one in three.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; December-22-22 at 09:08 AM.

Panthers wins this year:

25-Sep Saints 22–14 1–2
    23-Oct Tampa Bay 21–3 2–5
    10-Nov Falcons 25–15 3–7
    27-Nov Broncos 23–10 4–8
    11-Dec at Seahawks 30–24 5–8

Colts have replaced Lions as NFL laughing-stock. Will Tucker Carlson be the next head coach? Probably most players would not want to be with a guy named Tucker in the locker room and shower.

Thanks, a heap! blame the defense Pussy cats!

PANTHERS 37
    LIONS 23

7-8

Fifteen down two to go.

Goff goofed on the fumble-rooskie. Lions defense SUCKED! A lack of rushing yards. Panthers get the claw and bite and escape the Lions attack position. We're not out yet.
    Last edited by Danny; December-27-22 at 08:50 AM.

As long as the Lions beat the Bears next week, they're still in the mix for that wild card spot in week 18 playing the Packers. They're playing football games in December that mean something. That makes me happy for now.

They're playing football games in December that mean something. That makes me happy for now.
    Ditto. The Lions weren't prepared for today's game for a variety of reasons, e.g., short week, road game, flying out early ahead of the arctic bomb cyclone. Now they have eight days to prepare for the Bears at home, and a full week to prepare for the Packers at Lambeau.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Ditto. The Lions weren't prepared for today's game for a variety of reasons, e.g., short week, road game, flying out early ahead of the arctic bomb cyclone. Now they have eight days to prepare for the Bears at home, and a full week to prepare for the Packers at Lambeau.
    Let's face it. They were way overdue for a loss but seeing Carolina blow through the defensive line so easily was pretty frightening. Luckily the other teams lost as well, providing hope for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Let's face it. They were way overdue for a loss but seeing Carolina blow through the defensive line so easily was pretty frightening. Luckily the other teams lost as well, providing hope for another week.
    Carolina's coaching staff did an excellent job in the film room this week. They used trap blocking plays to exploit the Lions defensive line. Record setting rushing attack. Film study is important. Kudos to them.

Behind the scene preview of the new "GRIT" uniform designed by Campbell to scare opponents & land a playoff berth;

Name:  GRITX.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  62.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by djtomt View Post
    Carolina's coaching staff did an excellent job in the film room this week. They used trap blocking plays to exploit the Lions defensive line. Record setting rushing attack. Film study is important. Kudos to them.

Steve Wilks, a defensive coach, has done yeoman's work since taking over from Matt Rhule. He should get the interim tag removed after the season. They can win the division if they beat TB next week.

Well folks. Those same ole' Lions MUST beat the 'Da Bears' and send those Packers back to Green Bay. And hope that the Seahawks and the Commanders LOSE big. One loss and either The Seahawks and Commander's win It's time for Dan Campbell to rebuild and the Ford Family to sell the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's time for Dan Campbell to rebuild and the Ford Family to sell the team.
    Whether they make the playoffs or not, the Lions have had a good year. IMHO YMMV.

If the Lions do not make the playoffs, I'll be very disappointed but, if they beat the Packers in that final game and that is what keeps them out of the playoffs, I will get a not too small level of satisfaction from that. I hate the Packers and I hate Aaron Rogers.

If the Lions do not make the playoffs, I'll be very disappointed but, if they beat the Packers in that final game and that is what keeps them out of the playoffs, I will get a not too small level of satisfaction from that. I hate the Packers and I hate Aaron Rogers.
    That right there would be a sweet consolation prize. I feel the same way about cheeseheads. Lions have to learn to win there consistently in all weather.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; December-27-22 at 11:44 PM.

Way to go LIONS!

LIONS 41
    BEARS 10

8-8

Sixteen down one to go.

Took the commanding lead and never looked back. Way better than the Michigan Wolverines vs. TCU Horned Frogs game. Went bear hunting and shot a grizzly for their rug. Thank you, Goff, for 5 TD's. That's better Lions defense.

Now let's wait and see.
    Last edited by Danny; January-01-23 at 04:07 PM.

All eyez on Seattle and Green Bay.

Nice to see the Lions take care of business. They don't exactly have a great history as a favorite.
    Last edited by 401don; January-01-23 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Nice to see the Lions take care of business. They don't exactly have a great history as a favorite.
    PLAYER STATS
    CHICAGO BEARS

DETROIT LIONS

Player Comp. / ATT YDS TD INT RAT
    J. Fields 7 / 21 75 1 1 40.8

Player Comp. / ATT YDS TD INT RAT
    J. Goff 21 / 29 255 3 0 133.5

Seahawks and the Packers are winning their games. This means Lions MUST win against the Packers and Seahawks MUST lose against the Rams in order for the LIONS to make the wild card game.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast