Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MTV Awards

No doubt Kayne is a bit outspoken. Truly he speaks his mind and he certainly didn't lie about George Bush, but as adults we should be able to differate between that which his real and that which is pre-arranged. What is this really all about and I must beg you all to KEEP IT REAL!

After his recovery from a serious car accident, Kanye went from being a humble and inspiring producer/songwriter/rapper, to becoming a complete a$$hole...Beyonce's video was nothing more than a well-choreographed strip tease...Kanye is awfully shallow and narrow-minded to proclaim that the video was the greatest of "all time". If he is so determined to make his opinion known, maybe he should host his own awards show.

Kanya West was feeling so 'heartless' against Taylor Swift and I do mean from his album.
    Last edited by Danny; September-15-09 at 01:54 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Maybe he [[Kanye West) suffered a brain injury with frontal lobe involvement and disinhibition/loss of executive functions.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Why should anyone care again?
    change your mind cc?

ccbatson Guest

Nah...just pushing some buttons...I don't care in the least.

I won't pile on Kanye West, enough others have done so already. His colleagues should pull him aside and help him work on communicating.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; September-15-09 at 06:25 PM. Reason: edit

Didn't see, or care about, silly self aggrandizing awards shows.
    So, explain to me why you care so much about silly, self aggrandizing right wing talk shows?

Me suspects if KW was a Bush apologist or a ditto head, you would come running to his rescue.

BY MARK W. SMITH
    FREE PRESS WEB EDITOR

What started as a rapper behaving badly, quickly transformed into a three-act opus of tweeted outrage, must-see TV and tearful apologies, spanning three networks and generating millions of video views across the Web. We all know the story: Kanye West stole the spotlight Sunday from Taylor Swift, snatching her microphone to tell that world that it was Beyoncé who deserved the teen's first Video Music Award.

All the parties involved — the now infamous West, the innocent Swift, the classy Beyoncé — stood to gain from a bit of drama.
    So, have we all been taken for a ride?
    In a world where scandals spread instantly across social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook, MTV was positioned to gain the most from a buzzworthy moment.
    The network did its part by making the incident available for viewing almost immediately on its Web site, even before the show ended on the East Coast. And then, in a game of "media whack-a-mole" as the New York Times calls it, MTV instantly began to flag versions of the video on YouTube uploaded by Regular Joes, ensuring anyone who wanted to see the video would have to end up at MTV's Web site.
    To its credit, MTV did also make the video easily embeddable elsewhere [[and we took full advantage of that here on Browser), but of course MTV still rakes in the video views.
    Oh, and don't mind that pesky ad ...
    MTV is no stranger to award show hoaxes. During the network's Movie Awards in June, Sacha Baron Cohen descended from the rafters dressed as the flamboyantly gay character Bruno, landing on Eminem's lap wearing a thong and angel wings.
    Eminem played his part, feigned outrage and left the award show. The next day, sources told Entertainment Weekly it was a publicity stunt to promote the movie "Bruno."
    On Day 2, the West-Swift scandal's wealth spread to NBC Universal and its much hyped premiere of Jay Leno's new show.
    West was previously scheduled to perform — along with Jay-Z and Rihanna — but the show was reorganized to include a three-minute interview with the rapper.
    Before the interview, Leno was unusually clear that the interview was a last-minute add and not planned.
    Leno had the water-cooler moment of the night when he asked West what his mother would have thought of the outburst. West's mother died in 2007 from botched cosmetic surgery.
    What followed was 20 seconds of silence and emotional reflection from a surprised West: TV gold.
    Would Leno, whose livelihood depends on treating celebrities with kid gloves, really ask a question that out-of-bounds without clearance?
    Leno's prime-time premiere was seen by 18 million people, beating expectations.
    On Day 3, Swift was interviewed by the ladies of "The View" — another previously scheduled appearance.
    Dressed in a youthful, sweet blue dress, Swift fielded softball questions from the cohosts who seemed to act as though the country crooner had been assaulted in some way.
    "Where do you find your strength?"
    "What was going through your mind?"
    After the show, West reportedly called Swift to apologize.
    To see the Swift interview, you'll have to head over to ABC.com. Oh, and don't mind their pesky ad, either.
    What's for sure is that West is a showman. We knew that.
    But as attention spans shrink, buzz is becoming harder to generate and increasingly fleeting. And here, all indications are that this was a well-orchestrated effort on the part of a savvy West to ride a wave of public outrage. And maybe that's OK. It's all theater, isn't it?

Didn't see, or care about, silly self aggrandizing awards shows.
    Then why do you even care enough to bother to add your 2 cents to a topic or thread that you know absolutely nothing about??

Oh, I forgot... that's your modus operandi when you have nothing in life better to do than "clear the board"...

Two cents? He posted four messages on this thread that he cares nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Then why do you even care enough to bother to add your 2 cents to a topic or thread that you know absolutely nothing about??

Oh, I forgot... that's your modus operandi when you have nothing in life better to do than "clear the board"...

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Two cents? He posted four messages on this thread that he cares nothing about.
    ejames... 4 posts is nothing....

One one thread where someone had computer troubles with their PC he posted over 40 times [[yes I wasted MY time counting them ) with the same response throughout the thread [[differently worded however).... "buy a MAC and you won't have those problems".... it was as if you were listening to a Parrot!

Nah...just pushing some buttons...I don't care in the least.
    As in every other thread.

ccbatson Guest

Looks like I pushed the right buttons for some people.

Very effective trolling. But kind of childish though.

Looks like I pushed the right buttons for some people.

ccbatson Guest

I know, and I admitted that I gave into the temptation on this rare occasion.

I heard Kanye West interupted Patrick Swayze's funeral and said Michael Jaskson's funeral was better.

"...Maybe he [[Kanye West) suffered a brain injury with frontal lobe involvement and disinhibition/loss of executive functions..."

Or maybe he is an ahole who can't hold his liquor.

ccbatson Guest

Can anybody? Hold their liquor I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOW96GsR7Yw

he likes his drinks....and himself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2