Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

^ it has to do with accountability in this case,in this city code enforcement is an entity on its own and even the supervisor is exempt from tort including anybody under him and nobody can override their decisions.

Yes they flagged a commercial property that I was invested in for structural issues,I had a structural engineer and the mayor sent the building department out to verify there was no structural deficiency’s but code still said because they said do it was.

But I have over 1500 signatures from other residents that were flagged for structural issues that did not exist and had fines levied on them as a result of,they had to spend time and money to prove their case and most of those were ones that could least afford it.

The permitting aspect they switched online and am going through that now with a roof replacement and new build 30x35 garage with a future rental apartment on top.

That once I figured out how to navigate the site was a excellent process,you do not have to talk to anybody like the old days it took me about an hour to take pictures of documents and upload them and I printed out the approved permits the next day,where in the past it was a lot of trips and hours of time.

Most of the stuff like what is happening in Detroit with property tax assessments and disputing them is a nightmare to deal with ,sometimes I think by design as most will only deal with it 1 time.

The whole concept is local accountability to the actual taxpayer,people should not have to feel frustrated when it comes to city services.

In Detroits case there are some very dedicated and helpful employees with-in the system but the problem is they are not as a rule and behind the scenes and not easy accessible to the citizen that does not do business with the city on a regular basis.

I hope my current actions helps make the city a little better,as an example if somebody wants to open a restaurant,it takes them up to a year to get all the inspections and approvals.

They still have to cover the rent on the building in the meantime and what it is doing is favoring national franchises over the small independent potential startups,because they can afford the carrying costs.

We did the same thing with food trucks,when we started the process there was less then 100 food trucks in the city/region ,now there are over 500,that opened the door for 400 more people to become independent business owners,which increased the tax base and provided options to the residents.

People joke about food trucks but I have customers that are pulling in over $500k a year - with a food truck,that kind of revenue is a big impact on the community and the owners live,work and play locally.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-22 at 12:12 PM.

Thank you for your informative post [you should stop adding more info to it now though! ] It does sound like you are making things better for small businesses in your city.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just as nauseating as those who do not contribute to the discussion but constantly bitch about others like some kind of soap opera.

What bothers you more,you not understanding the concept that it is entirely possible for people to invest in a variety of different businesses and learning about them or people have the ability to?

I also noticed that you had no issues when the person I responded to disclosed his past history,but then again for some context is hard to follow.

Maybe you are the problem and not others.

You could have helped the one you responded to post the thread links that backed up his lies,but you did not because it fit your narrative.

You keep spreading the negativity then play off that it is exhausting.
    First of all, how am I'm spreading negativity? I rarely come on here to "constantly bitch". It's not fun anymore and there's a reason why. With that being said, take a break for a while so others can enjoy it, the way it used to be.
    Last edited by Maof; June-28-22 at 01:33 PM.

Maof, your posts are usually pretty good! Sorry there have been so many food fights on certain threads lately! This is my last post on this thread because I've been posting off topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    First of all, how am I'm spreading negativity? I rarely come on here to "constantly bitch". It's not fun anymore and there's a reason why. With that being said, take a break for a while so others can enjoy it, the way it used to be.

Don’t be upset. He’s a polymath, and everything he touches turns to gold. You’ll never get to know the City hall clerks the way he does. It’s like magic.

How about you take a break,I do not bring you into discussions,you have to jump in with your personal attacks and bitching every time I post.

That’s the difference,I respond and not instigate,the threads are fine until the same people jump in while contributing nothing to the topic and seem to think people care about what you think about post length,but you seem to like repeating it over and over like the rest of the squad.

I make a post,everybody can see who jumps in with the dumb comments after that,do not like my post, do what you tell everybody else,block me,then you will never see them,but then you and others would lose the chance to disrupt the forum with your personal dislikes, you cannot have that now can you,as we can clearly see.

“Richard - For once STFU! You literally don't have a clue on the subject. You highjack every single thread with your multi paragraph, long winded, I like to hear myself talk BS”

That is YOUR words,I do not know who you think you are to tell anybody to STFU,it’s not your place.

Then you say you do not post negative things,and you are another one ,2 posts in the thread and nothing about the topic and you are not the reason for discourse?

Every time I post it is the same 5 people all talking crap while contributing zero to the topic at hand,and the same 5 people are quick to throw the blame on me for their actions.

Take a good look in the mirror.

Some must have a tough time in the real world when everybody does not bow to your personal wishes and you cannot dictate to others what you want to hear.

The only time you post anything that is more then 6 words that say nothing,IS when you are bitching about my posts.

Anybody can read all the way back to the start,long posts have always been around,you never had a problem with them before,like others,until your personal narrative overrides.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-22 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Don’t be upset. He’s a polymath, and everything he touches turns to gold. You’ll never get to know the City hall clerks the way he does. It’s like magic.
    and you are another one that appears to sit back and complain about things without actually doing anything to change them.

It does not take anybody special to make changes in the community,it takes getting involved,but do not let that get in the way of you twisting things around to fit your little narrative also.

And you have still provided zero input towards the original topic,but got plenty else to say.

Funny how that works,no surprise though,jump in,stir the pot,then say look the bad guy is over there,as you sneak out the back door.

Destroy and deflect,some have that down to a science.
    Last edited by Richard; June-28-22 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    Maof, your posts are usually pretty good! Sorry there have been so many food fights on certain threads lately! This is my last post on this thread because I've been posting off topic!
    No need to apologize. It's not you.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    LOL...It's more frustration than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    and you are another one that appears to sit back and complain about things without actually doing anything to change them.

It does not take anybody special to make changes in the community,it takes getting involved,but do not let that get in the way of you twisting things around to fit your little narrative also.

And you have still provided zero input towards the original topic,but got plenty else to say.

Funny how that works,no surprise though,jump in,stir the pot,then say look the bad guy is over there,as you sneak out the back door.

Destroy and deflect,some have that down to a science.

Again, your self defence posts are way over the percentage devoted to clearing up this mess of a union run training centre. Youguy are too focussed on what us poor guys are up to. I Mona cut you some slack for a bit. You need a break from all this commienism.

Right-O! I tried to re-direct this thread, and gave up a bit LOL as non-virtual life kicked in and I needed to drop away. Indeed never-ending defenses are tiresome - becoming moot at a point. Indeed so missing Gannon, Sumas, Django, DP and others... Well, let us see what this particular summer day promises. I missed my MOGO cycling times - and looks like rain Drats!

Love Detroityes, but life off-line must be practically attended to as well.

ABetterDetroit - Throw strip clubs into the mix too.

I see another thread shutting down. This site used to be fun. The constant multi-paragraph, all about me, argumentative, negativity is exhausting. Missing the days of Tponetom, Eriedearie and Django.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-29-22 at 07:41 PM.

Interesting article from Tom Lutz executive secretary-treasurer of the Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights

Opinion: Invest in skilled trades to compete...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...te/7755982001/
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-29-22 at 08:42 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3