Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Ethanol from feed corn was a bad subsidized idea from the start. Hopefully at these fuel prices the subsidies will be less. I doubt it tho, Republicans like to give money away to farmers and Democrats will deal on those to get their own giveaways. At least the 30 Billion Trump gave away to soy bean farmers should have those guys properly funded to grow a lot of food this season to help out with food shortages.

It is hard to determine which party is just dumb or dumber these days for fiscal conservatives. Biden sure is barreling thru the cash but can he double what Trump spent in money we don’t have? That’s a tall order. Trumps deficit of 8+ Trillion in 4 years [almost exactly the same as Obama raised the deficit in 8 years] sets a really high bar of spending money we don’t have.

Lets not forget that Tariffs and runaway high deficit spending are directly linked to inflation in any Economics 101 textbook but of course that would mean that both parties have contributed to some of the inflation and that could mess with the ‘my political team I cheer for is perfect and the other is evil’ useless problem solving process. Many would never use logic instead of hate. Hate is so emotional and logic well, isn’t emotional. It would require analytical thought on all the factors contributing to how this inflation is charging as opposed to a predetermined villian to blame.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; April-18-22 at 11:46 PM.