Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yep. I met his brother. Check this out: At the end of his life Malcolm X evolved and moved away from US-based Nation of Islam teachings and orthodoxy towards World Islam. In doing so Malcolm X renounced the racial essentialism taught by NOI. When he returned to the US from his time in Mecca [where he experienced various races united in their devotion to the faith] he clearly knew that NOI's racial supremacy ideologies related to Islam were a lie.

Some say that he was killed in part due to that found realization.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    It's a bit disingenuous to "take the side of
    Malcolm X rather than MLK." Both leaders
    were fighting social forces that devalued
    African Americans. While Malcolm X took
    a harsher tone in his rhetoric, he did come
    from a harsher background than MLK
    [he grew up in the Lansing area of Michigan]
    and his family experienced many hardships
    there....
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-22 at 09:19 PM.

The Citi Data site remains a pretty robust option/ site for those seeking info on various states/ cities. It contains a forum that gets pretty wild and interesting in discussions about various locals and what's going on therein; including local schools, politics and social leanings, etc.

The forums heartily discuss crime rates. The downside of course is that of course some of the content is rhetoric one can argue...

https://www.city-data.com/#data
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-22 at 09:17 PM.

The fact that this thread partially turned into a debate on CRT is a clear cut example of how people have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to those three letters.

Stop watching FOX Propaganda Network and start reading some reputable sources if that's concerning you so much [[NY Times, Post, Reuters, AP, BBC, etc.).

Onto the original post, as someone who is searching for a home, I had no idea this was a thing until I read about them removing it.

A quick google search told me it would remove crime data because of the potential for bias and inaccuracies.

https://www.geekwire.com/2021/trulia...inst-practice/

“[G]iven the long history of redlining and racist housing covenants in the United States there’s too great a risk of this inaccuracy reinforcing racial bias,” Christian Taubman, Redfin’s chief growth officer, wrote in the Dec. 13 post. “We believe that Redfin–and all real estate sites–should not show neighborhood crime data.”

I found the crime reports handy when searching for an area to live in Austin, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The Citi Data site remains a pretty robust option/ site for those seeking info on various states/ cities.
    Uh not really, it's never been a good source. All the stats there are either wrong or out of date and the forum is a cesspool full of miserable trolls and worse mods.

^ Yeah. I stated that of course some of the content is rhetoric...

So many sites have devolved from what the original intention was.

Excuse me for not being up on these acronyms, but what is CRT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Cathode Ray Tube

^ LOL! That's actually funny on several not so metaphorical levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    There are links provided in this thread on CRT. More specifically Google and other search engines provide info including the origination of the CRT [Critical Race Theory] and outcomes as applied to K12 which was initially denied. That denial ended as more black parents made public the impact of CRT upon their children - challenging aspects of it taught in K12. And parents in general during virtual learning, observing what their children were taught.

A Detyes thread started a few months ago discusses for example, the DPSCD Superintendent's confirmation of CRT being taught in the district etc.:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...ighlight=vitti

Probably best to keep the dialogue there so as to not derail this thread any further. You may PM me on the subject if you like for information and review links that I've posted on the subject. Particularly from a POC evaluation.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-01-22 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ LOL! That's actually funny on several not so metaphorical levels.
    It fits today's date well.

But seriously, when I see a new acronym sweeping through the herd, I assume it's likely just another means of pitting 49½% of the population against the other 49½%. In today's toxic environment there's very little that's not a diversion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2