Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Some type of enforcement action seems to have commenced:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...line-1.6349424
    Once again it reads

Police in Windsor, Ont., say their officers and policing partners have started enforcement at the Ambassador Bridge,

Who are the policing partners?

The other media source referenced them as a manufacturing association.

It sounds like back in the day of union busting when the companies had private security.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Once again it reads

Police in Windsor, Ont., say their officers and policing partners have started enforcement at the Ambassador Bridge,

Who are the policing partners?
    The RCMP are there, and several other police forces. No private security.

Blockade is mostly cleared.

Down to last 40 or so people, a few long-hauls and maybe a dozen pick-ups.

Main encampment has been dismantled.

Good live-tweeting by The Toronto Star's Jacob Lorinc

https://twitter.com/jacoblorinc/stat...CytYT3v7YpAAAA

Its a massive show of force.

The report above notes that snipers were deployed.

^ The other media source referenced them as a manufacturing association as a policing partner.

Who is this manufacturing association?

The RCMP would not be referred to as a manufacturing association?

The livestream coming out of Parliament Hill is showing no police action.

Right now there is also a truck convoy blocking streets in Paris and in Germany there are also massive protests.

Amazing how far right wing radicals have such long arms they can reach across the ocean all the way from Canada.
    Last edited by Richard; February-12-22 at 10:58 AM.

The report above notes that snipers were deployed.
    Does it say who the government might murder?

Seems drastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ The other media source referenced them as a manufacturing association.

Who is this manufacturing association?

FFS, the manufacturing Association is not doing any enforcement, they were a party before the court seeking the injunction.

'They' are the Automotive Parts Manufacturers Association. Its not a secret.

Source:

https://www.thestar.com/business/202...pert-says.html

The livestream coming out of Parliament Hill is showing no police action.

That's because there isn't any? The injunction being enforced is from a Windsor Court and concerns the Ambassador bridge. The order has nothing to do with Parliament.

Trucks leave Ambassador Bridge -- police now blocking entering... but Freedom Convoy supporters are gathering and vow to 'hold the line' - as more protesters descend on Ottawa

Many photos and videos posted...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-continue.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Trucks leave Ambassador Bridge -- police now blocking entering... but Freedom Convoy supporters are gathering and vow to 'hold the line' - as more protesters descend on Ottawa

Many photos and videos posted...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-continue.html

Trudeau claimed that the protest is being fueled by political activists in the United States, and said that more than 50 percent of donations to campaigns to support the protesters came from the U.S., which he referred to as 'foreign financing' of the protests.

Like the citizens of Canada are incapable of standing up to tyranny on their own without intervention from Americans?

He is like in shock,I cannot believe these right wing despot criminals dare to question my rule,it has to be the evil Americans prodding them along.

Apparently there is no shortage of arrogance.

Times like this makes me thank our founding fathers for implementing the electoral college voting system,it shows how dangerous it is when the minority try to rule everybody.

Next he will be putting troops on Detroit’s border at the bequest of the auto parts manufacturing association,so they can take complete control over all parts movement,in the name of commence of course.

How many in Detroit speak French ?

For some reason I find it hard to vision Detroiters as dropping their weapons and running away.
    Last edited by Richard; February-12-22 at 03:19 PM.

Anyone driven by the area [Detroit side]? Has the so-called removal actually occurred? What best LOCAL coverage is going on...?

I plan to drive by tomorrow if possible.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-12-22 at 07:47 PM.

Anyone driven by the area [Detroit side]? Has the so-called removal actually occurred? What best LOCAL coverage is going on...?

There are live streams on YouTube,if you go tomorrow,put a big white X on the roof of your car and run the bridge,so we can watch what happens

JeffMAC - the sun etc live streams

JeffMAC is local to you guys and has been live streaming every protest for the last 5 years.

Which is a feat because YouTube scrubs anything livestream protest related as quick as possible,they pick up on the feeds when certain words are used or certain names are mentioned.

Earlier at the bridge most were leaving,after they broke out the brooms and swept every up so they left it cleaner then it was before they arrived most likely.

A few hold outs at the bridge,more police cars blocking it then trucks,the rest are still centered at the capital or whatever it is called.
    Last edited by Richard; February-12-22 at 08:45 PM.

^ Well Trudeau was talking big and hard about REMOVAL, today! But he knows he has to cool his jets or for sure he'll not be re-elected.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-12-22 at 09:03 PM.

^ best thing that could happen to him - not be re-elected.

Despite his fear mongering and trying to divide,but you know as well as I do,most know the police have their job and they respect that,they are going to take it up to that point and walk away.

He is the one that made a fool out of himself in front of the world.

When the President of France met with Putin last week,he refused to take a Russian required COVID test out of fear that they were trying to steal his DNA,but yet in his own country you have to have a vaccine passport to eat.

That is why there is so much mandate opposition,because those implementing them have a habit of exempting themselves when it is convenient for them.
    Last edited by Richard; February-12-22 at 09:02 PM.

So far the Toronto Star's Jacob Lorinc has been pretty up to date.

As of a few hours ago, he reported that the bridge itself is clear as is the approach intersection on the Windsor side.

However, the bridge is still closed and protesters are present nearby, though apparently being pushed further back from time to time.

https://twitter.com/jacoblorinc?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

^ Well Trudeau was talking big and hard about REMOVAL, today! But he knows he has to cool his jets or for sure he'll not be re-elected.
    Most in Canada have not expected him to seek another term for some time.

He may yet surprise and go again, in that the opposition is not particularly organized or popular either......

But still, its been expected he would step down, probably later this year to make way for a new Liberal leader.

The odds on favourite has been Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland.

Though a few others have drawn speculation, including the former governor of the Bank of Canada and the Bank of England, Mark Carney.

Oh-me, oh-my!

Maher says Freedom Convoy have a right to be 'pissed off' at elitists who 'sit at home in their Lululemons' -- [Compares] Canadian PM Trudeau to Hitler for questioning if the unvaccinated should be 'tolerated'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-elitists.html

Oh-me, oh-my!

Maher says Freedom Convoy have a right to be 'pissed off' at elitists who 'sit at home in their Lululemons' -- [Compares] Canadian PM Trudeau to Hitler for questioning if the unvaccinated should be 'tolerated'

I broadly like Bill Maher; and I find Trudeau a sanctimonious and hypocritical, intellectual light-weight....

Well, for a guy with 2 degrees whose fluently bilingual anyway..

LOL

But still.........I think the comparison to Hitler is rather over-the-top.

It also references a remark from six months ago...........

And I think draws an unreasonable inference. For a PM whose taking it on the chin for not being harsher w/the protests, a majority seem to favour that; this is not a guy who was implying rounding people up and putting them in camps or such....

He was expressing a view that the view they were espousing was foolish and ought not to be given any credence.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; February-12-22 at 09:41 PM.

Oh-me, oh-my!

nobody is more of a sanctimonious elitist than Bill Maher.

Oh-me, oh-my!

nobody is more of a sanctimonious elitist than Bill Maher. He just exudes straight white bitterness.

Most in Canada have not expected him to seek another term for some time.

He may yet surprise and go again, in that the opposition is not particularly organized or popular either......

But still, its been expected he would step down, probably later this year to make way for a new Liberal leader.

The odds on favourite has been Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland.

Though a few others have drawn speculation, including the former governor of the Bank of Canada and the Bank of England, Mark Carney.
    Great to see you back here CV. Many of us do appreciate your contributions about Canada so please don’t let whatever Q told Dick to blather keep you away. Back on topic, with Trudeau having just been re-elected for a 3rd term last fall wouldn’t the earliest national elections be in 2025 or could they be called sooner?
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; February-12-22 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Great to see you back here CV.
    Many of us do appreciate your contributions about Canada...
    Thanks

Back on topic, with Trudeau having just been re-elected for a 3rd term last fall wouldn’t the earliest national elections be in 2025 or could they be called sooner?
    Ok....so, a couple of things here.

First, Canada doesn't really have fixed election dates.

Constitutional Convention , precedent in essence, requires an election every 5 years; but the custom, as with the U.S. is every 4.

We do have fixed-date legislation that sets a default date based on the 4 years.

However, any government is:

a) Free to resign at any time, likely triggering an election [[in theory, the Governor General could offer the opportunity to form government to another party, if they could establish their ability to command the confidence [[majority) of the House of Commons.).

b) For the same reasons as above, that a government must be able to pass the budget or any other 'confidence' bill, if the government is defeated on same, then the government itself is defeated, generally leading to an election w/the same admonition as above.

With the above in mind, note that Trudeau won his last term of government on Oct 21st, 2019; he then called an election last summer and won re-election.....sort of...[[ a minority again) on Sept 20th, 2021.

A gap of less than 2 years between elections.

That's the long way of saying, no it does not have to be 4 years between elections.

He can also choose to personally resign as Liberal leader [[and PM) at any time, without triggering an election.

The Liberals would potentially name an interim replacement; and/or he would stay on until a new leader was elected, and then the leader of the Liberals would become the PM.

There are a host of asterisks to all this, the intricacies of Westminster democracies are many....but I am giving a high-level description that is more or less how it would work normally.

To my Canadian friends... Good night, eh!

Maybe the traffic jammers should have done what they do in New Zealand...

New Zealand officials blasted Barry Manilow and 'Macarena' on a loop to try and drive off anti-vaccine protesters [[msn.com)

They deserve music-on-a-loop... ... maybe they could add Yanni's Hoe-down at the Acropolis!

Were ALL of the New Zealand protestors anti-vaccinators or were some also protesting the NZ lock-downs levels and masking of children for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    To my Canadian friends... Good night, eh!

Maybe the traffic jammers should have done what they do in New Zealand...

New Zealand officials blasted Barry Manilow and 'Macarena' on a loop to try and drive off anti-vaccine protesters [[msn.com)

They deserve music-on-a-loop... ... maybe they could add Yanni's Hoe-down at the Acropolis!
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-13-22 at 06:45 AM.

You are the main reason I don't contribute here much anymore.

Your grip on reality is tenuous at best.

You have no understanding of legal processes or how the world works, and simply ramble on incoherently.
    I'm convinced it's just a performance alt. It doesn't really believe any of what it spews, but rather just tries to instigate and antagonize. Unfortunately, too many others take the bait and fall into the trap of responding and provoking it.

I broadly like Bill Maher;
    That doesn't speak well of you.

I've the feeling Maher is Schadenfreude-style getting a kick out of being an apostate of sorts! He'll hardly renounce the left fully, but KNOWS he's fairly teflon against the 'treatment'. Which he ALSO knows gets you named, cancelled, and otherwise destroyed if you don't fall-in-line ideologically - 100%!

Not a fan, but dig how he breaks-up the default, low-resolution narrative that if you don't agree with left 'presto': You're a righty - disciple of racist Tucker C.

There are moderates agreeing with his comments [even if not feeling him personally] not acknowledged from the right vs. left, 50/50-split mind-set. He'll hardly apologize - knowing what happens when you go there!

I broadly like Bill Maher; and I find Trudeau a sanctimonious and hypocritical, intellectual light-weight....

Well, for a guy with 2 degrees whose fluently bilingual anyway..

LOL

But still.........I think the comparison to Hitler is rather over-the-top....
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-13-22 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    nobody is more of a sanctimonious elitist than Bill Maher. He just exudes straight white bitterness.

All of the high achieving media types, Left or Right are elitist. They are sanctimonious by definition since they each have their pulpit, it’s part of the schtick to reproduce the level of debate that exists in Social media. They don’t have memberships at mini-golfs, they don’t wave to the neighbors on their street, which also doesn’t happen to ever be a Robinwood-type street. It’s all good, they can pretend to lean toward the small fry, but at the end of the day, when the sun sets, their asses are set on cushy sofas.
    Last edited by canuck; February-13-22 at 08:01 AM.

^ Well stated. Only more emphasized when they affirm policies they have ZERO intention on living under or being effected by!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast