Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

I think the number is a tad bigger than that... with some shipping being disrupted by those not engaged but trapped in the long lines...

...Truckers block a key border crossing, as their protest morphs and drags on

What is the protest about?

The protests have been largely peaceful — with some exceptions

Protesters draw outrage from many Canadians, and support from some in the U.S.

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/08/10792...convoy-protest

Freedom Convoy: How might Canada's trucker protest end?

Tow the trucks away -- starve them of cash and fuel?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60293708

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    What are you talking about? The truckers who are protesting aren't delivering any loads are they? Again, 99+% of truckers are doing their jobs and are not protesting.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-09-22 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I think the number is a tad bigger than that... with some shipping being disrupted by those not engaged but trapped in the long lines...
    There are 300,000 truckers in Canada. 1% would be 3,000. I haven't seen near 3,000 trucks in the combined protest areas. Most have been yo-yos driving their pick-ups and suv's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Instead of blocking roads, the truckers 'could' simply refuse to ship any loads.

The grocery store shelves would be empty in 2 days. Canada would be brought to it's knees in a weekend.
    Those truckers aren't shipping any loads while they're blocking the roads. Yet, the shelves still have food. Why? Because they're simply a fringe minority, especially in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Oh, Canada Feb. 5 by Jordan Petersen
    I think of Jordan Peterson as Canada's answer to Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz. The difference being that once in a while Peterson says something intelligent.

I think its hilarious that people are upset they are doing this. Disrupting the flow a little is what get attention. They aren't burning they aren't looting. Putting them in a designated zone is cute. They do that and nobody will pay attention. A little static is getting the tyrants attention. I'm all for them and hope they get what they want. Theres a bigger picture going on and the people don't see it happening.

There are 300,000 truckers in Canada. 1% would be 3,000. I haven't seen near 3,000 trucks in the combined protest areas. Most have been yo-yos driving their pick-ups and suv's.
    Good to know 401don! Glad that Canada's supply of Canadian Bacon will not be disrupted...

Is the river frozen ? Sense the blockade has shut Canada down and people are starving in the streets,we could probably make some cash smuggling goods across it at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Good to know 401don! Glad that Canada's supply of Canadian Bacon will not be disrupted...
    I have all the Canadian Bacon I need cause I got it on vhs eh:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jf8Bt4gD9Y&t=6s

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Is the river frozen ? Sense the blockade has shut Canada down and people are starving in the streets,we could probably make some cash smuggling goods across it at night.
    The river is not yet frozen over, and even when it is, the ice is usually only about 1-3 inches thick with a lot of jagged pieces of ice protruding, since ice breakers sometimes run thru the river shipping lanes. So crossing over the frozen river would be very dangerous in a vehicle, let alone walking over.

https://lacrossetribune.com/news/nat...463156bd0.html

Also, the Great Lakes don't freeze over completely all that often any more. When there is open water, it heats up very cold air coming over from Wisconsin/Illinois... so that western Michigan often gets the "lake effect" snow, which doesn't make it to Detroit all that often.

This is a subscription article but it confirms what I was saying about how few semi's are actually involved:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...premium-canada

Well yes, such an event/ protest always gathers a surplus of individuals. All told the number is still having an impact and receiving global attention.

Last edited by Zacha341; February-09-22 at 08:23 PM.

This is a subscription article but it confirms what I was saying about how few semi's are actually involved:
    Among the protesters blocking the roadway were just three semi trucks....

The Ontario Trucking Association, which represents small, family-owned shippers and large freight companies, said the vast majority of its drivers are vaccinated. The group said the protests don’t really represent the industry.
    This has all the earmarks of astroturfing. These contrived indignities are engineered to disguise ulterior motives.
    Last edited by Jimaz; February-09-22 at 08:31 PM.

Besides being a subscription, it's also Bloomberg. Hardly a site known for truth, as was so clearly proven this past election cycle.

Supposedly there were about 3,000 trucks a week or so ago, and it's now down to under 1,000.

But that doesn't mean they're a minority. The support for them is apparently about 80/20, [I.E. about 80% of Canadians are in favor of what they're fighting for].

Even Canadians it seems don't like Fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Even Canadians it seems don't like Fascism.
    I don't see how this is fascism. The drivers are free to find other kinds of work.

If I were the Ambassador Bridge owner [[Moroun Jr.)... I would charge non-truck drivers $40+ to cross, to discourage the non truckers from forming their roadblocks. Real passenger vehicles would likely not be impacted, since they're likely to go via the tunnel, until this blows over. Not sure if this would help clear this up or not though...

Unfortunately there is no such option available for Port Huron/Sarnia.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-10-22 at 02:17 AM.

^ IF you had enough legos,you could build a Lego bridge and charge $5 and IF my aunt had …. She would be my uncle - Meh never mind

The other Canadian is saying there is only like 6 trucks involved,so how could they possibly be blocking a bridge or shut down the center of tyranny or what ever the capital is called,a couple of days ago?
    Last edited by Richard; February-10-22 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    I don't see how this is fascism. The drivers are free to find other kinds of work.
    Just as the consumers are free to figure out another way to get their goods.

Thats how you can actually beat them at their own game,stop buying anything,boycott them,refuse to purchase gas,groceries,clothing etc. that will teach them .

^ IF you had enough legos,you could build a Lego bridge and charge $5 and IF my aunt had …. She would be my uncle - Meh never mind

The other Canadian is saying there is only like 6 trucks involved,so how could they possibly be blocking a bridge or shut down the center of tyranny or what ever the capital is called,a couple of days ago?
    That's nice!

Years ago I used to get razzed about LEGO... except I get book royalties now... and with over 1 million additional adult LEGO collectors added to the hobby each year... I am content...

Among adult LEGO collectors: David Beckham, Daniel Ratcilffe, Robert Pattinson, etc.

Also... TLG [[The Lego Group) owners of LEGO had their best years in history in 2020 & 2021, due to pandemic boredom.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-10-22 at 05:46 AM.

The truckers are probably protesting the gas rationing the the President had put on them

Yeah, that works, considering these are CANADIAN truckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The truckers are probably protesting the gas rationing the the President had put on them

Just as the consumers are free to figure out another way to get their goods.
    So, not fascism? Analogy - Wikipedia

COVID-19 truck blockade in Canada shuts down Ford plant

TORONTO [AP] — A blockade of the bridge between Canada and Detroit by protesters demanding an end to Canada’s COVID-19 restrictions forced the shutdown Wednesday of a Ford plant and began to have broader implications for the North American auto industry.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...35e3157ad79bb0

Perhaps Ford and the UAW can sue the organizers of this little pity party parade for losses.

And why isn't DHS, ICE and/or the Maroons towing these trucks off the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    COVID-19 truck blockade in Canada shuts down Ford plant

TORONTO [AP] — A blockade of the bridge between Canada and Detroit by protesters demanding an end to Canada’s COVID-19 restrictions forced the shutdown Wednesday of a Ford plant and began to have broader implications for the North American auto industry.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...35e3157ad79bb0

Perhaps Ford and the UAW can sue the organizers of this little pity party parade for losses.
    The media ran this doomsday scenario a few day back and GM replied by saying they did not foresee any supply issues in relation to.

Correct me if I am wrong but you can copy and paste all of the same words in that article and insert the words “chip shortage” or “corona virus “ because that is why they have been throttling back production for the last 2 years but showing record profits,seems to actually work in their favor the whole concept of short supply drives prices up.
    Last edited by Richard; February-10-22 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    So, not fascism? Analogy - Wikipedia
    I would think fascism plays more into it with the vaccine passport requirements in Canada and the US in order to enter businesses,even more so when they know the vaccine does not stop or reduce the spread.

It would probably just be easier if the vaccinated just Velcro a yellow V on their clothing so they can easily be identified apart from the rest of the scourge on society,instead of actually carrying a piece of paper as a passport,just inject a chip in with the shot and people can walk through a scanner like at the airport,keeps from having the excuse of,the dog ate my passport.

We already know people would embrace that concept without a second thought.
    Last edited by Richard; February-10-22 at 10:49 AM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast