Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You also have to consider how unwieldy a car or truck would be in assaulting particular victims. The car/truck gig is not all that good at infiltrating hallways and taking out an agile would be victim in a parking lot situation. Your armed forces don’t rely on infantry to kill the enemy with Hummers, they carry guns instead.
    Tell that to people in Columbia,or the bombing campaigns that happened in this country,or Oklahoma.

If somebody is intent on doing harm to others,they will find a way,and there are lots of ways that are more devastating then a gun,it’s a pattern we really do not want to morphine into because it causes a lot more death,faster.

You can actually level an entire building and everybody within a matter of seconds, without using anything but what is contained within that building itself,or an entire city block,without a gun or car.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Tell that to people in Columbia,or the bombing campaigns that happened in this country,or Oklahoma.

If somebody is intent on doing harm to others,they will find a way,and there are lots of ways that are more devastating then a gun,it’s a pattern we really do not want to morphine into because it causes a lot more death,faster.

You can actually level an entire building and everybody within a matter of seconds, without using anything but what is contained within that building itself,or an entire city block,without a gun or car.
    And yet we have regulations and safeguards in place for the purchase of fertilizer or dynamite to mitigate that. Every stupid thing you cite between bomb making materials or automobiles is more heavily regulated than guns which means they remain the most easily accessible and efficient way to murder people. At some point you are going to have to consider gun violence statistics relative to similar countries instead of just blathering on about how someone could kill someone else with a throat punch if they wanted to.

It does not rule out real weapons of war,bolt action,which are still being used in war zones and actually can be bought cheaper then most modern day weapons.
    Bolt actions are pretty slow, but ol' Lucas McCain was pretty quick with lever action.

My guess he will next declare it a national emergency and start going house to house.
    Ya' mean like Donny and the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    And yet we have regulations and safeguards in place for the purchase of fertilizer or dynamite to mitigate that. Every stupid thing you cite between bomb making materials or automobiles is more heavily regulated than guns which means they remain the most easily accessible and efficient way to murder people. At some point you are going to have to consider gun violence statistics relative to similar countries instead of just blathering on about how someone could kill someone else with a throat punch if they wanted to.
    You are so quick to use your narrative that you stumble over yourself while useing your stupid little stabs.

You honestly believe the only things that can level a building is dynamite or fertilizer so if you regulate, that buildings can no longer be leveled?

Every stupid thing you say in rebuttal shows an unprecedented level of ignorance,sense you are choosing to go down that road and making it personal.

I do not care how they do it in other countries,we are a constitutional republic like 3 other countries in the world,it does not matter what you think about guns,we have the right to bear arms as spelled out in the constitution,how about learning about the system that you are trying to fight before trying tp regulate based on what you want and then get mad because you did not get your way.

I have just as much right to own a weapon as you have to choose not to,don’t like it move to where you feel safe,the country is not here to appease the individual.

How about you do something productive like,declare war on drugs,and make drugs illegal and regulated,that would have saved 100,306 lives last year alone in the U.S.

For water restrictions in California they are resorting to coming to your house and putting restriction devices on your water meter so you can only use so much water,all they need to do is say it is an emergency and all stops are pulled out it doesn’t not matter what your rights are.

Remember the argument where every citizen has a right to water? Apparently not or if you do the government can regulate how much water you use.
    Last edited by Richard; June-02-22 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Bolt actions are pretty slow, but ol' Lucas McCain was pretty quick with lever action.

Ya' mean like Donny and the wall?
    I like watching those re-runs - the world record that still stands was in 1914 with 38 rounds in 1 minute,with black powder and musket balls.

The wall is still being built,they just do not tell you about it because it would look like they capitulated.

Today's secret word is "angertainment." Whenever you hear the word "angertainment," scream really loud!

Apologies to Pee-wee Herman.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-02-22 at 07:22 PM.

Voting for some gun reforms apparently is as toxic for Republican congressmen, as saying the Ukraine conflict is a war, for members of the Russian Duma.

Republican Congressman Quits Race After Backlash Over His Gun Stance [[msn.com)

The dictator of Canada announced yesterday that they are going to confiscate rifles they don't like, and forbid the purchase, sale or importing of pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    The dictator of Canada announced yesterday that they are going to confiscate rifles they don't like, and forbid the purchase, sale or importing of pistols.
    Was the shooting in Uvalde real or was it a ploy to hurt the NRA? What are your spidey senses saying?

yay! Good for you Canada. Those Liberals know how to run a Catholic Nation.

Thank you, Justin Trudeau. Vive Quebecois!

When I was a child, we had air raid drills going under our desks or into the school basement.

But today schools have a different drill... one for mass shooters...

And if they start making the desks bullet proof they'll be a whole lot more protective that they would be if the sky fell in on us back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    yay! Good for you Canada. Those Liberals know how to run a Catholic Nation.

Thank you, Justin Trudeau. Vive Quebecois!

Thank you, Danny! We've had quite a year in shootings in Greater Montreal, with a lot of young victims shot point blank; 4 in the past year, aged 15 to 17. This proposed law is in response to that kind of madness.

President Biden's speech the other day on gun violence mentioned the fact via CDC stats that guns were the # 1 cause of death in children in the U.S.
    Ahead of cancer, accidents, etc… A far cry from the math chop suey Rocket and Richard spew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    When I was a child, we had air raid drills going under our desks or into the school basement.

But today schools have a different drill... one for mass shooters...

Yeah. Sobering à la power of ten, man.

Thank you, Danny! We've had quite a year in shootings in Greater Montreal, with a lot of young victims shot point blank; 4 in the past year, aged 15 to 17. This proposed law is in response to that kind of madness.

President Biden's speech the other day on gun violence mentioned the fact via CDC stats that guns were the # 1 cause of death in children in the U.S.
    Ahead of cancer, accidents, etc… A far cry from the math chop suey Rocket and Richard spew.
    Researchers at the Rockefeller Institute of Government, Leigh Wedenoja and Jaclyn Schildkraut, used CDC data, and found that if "children" are defined as people 19 and under, as they said the CDC tends to do, then firearm deaths exceed traffic deaths. Their analysis did not take into account infant-specific types of deaths, such as congenital abnormalities or short gestation.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...se-death-2020/

• Guns are the leading cause of death among children and teenagers in Utah, according to an Everytown report from 2019, and 70% of those deaths are the result of suicide. In Utah, 83% of gun deaths are suicides, 13% are homicides and 2% are shootings by police.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/5/...20by%20police.

So if the claim that guns is the leading cause of death with “children” and 83% of those deaths are a result of suicide,is it a gun problem?

Take away the suicide factor that drops your narrative down to 13% of children deaths related to gun violence.

Now who is creating math chip suey ?

But the data shows that a growing number are ultimately resorting to suicide. Austin said suicide is the second-most common cause of death among children, adding that Canada's child suicide rate is among the top five in the world.
    Szatmari noted that Canada is the only G-7 nation not to have a national suicide prevention strategy in place, adding jurisdictions that have adopted one, such as Quebec, have seen positive results.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...port-1.4810280

There were 130 homicides committed with a handgun in 2016, Statistics Canada said in a recent report, which was the most in more than a decade.
    Handguns accounted for 21 per cent of the total homicides that year, and 58 per cent of the shooting homicides.
    In the United States, by comparison, the report notes there were 7,105 homicides committed with a handgun in 2016, accounting for 47 per cent of all homicides south of the border that year.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ides-1.4803378

So Canada has a 10% higher gun homicide rate then the United States but constantly refers to the out of control gun violence in the U.S..

In the warmer weather it is good to drink lots of liquids,but drinking gallons of cool aid is probably not that good for you.

Canada also maintains a 80.1% rate of gun violence rate in suicides.

But let’s focus on gun control because that will make those suicides go away,correct ?

People constantly putting narratives over lives,then trying to justify it when the facts do not support it.

You do not care enough about your children to feed them in school.
    You do not care enough about your children in order to help them from committing suicide.
    You do not care about 1000s of missing indigenous women
    You do not care about the genocide being created as you arm terrorists,which includes women and children,with your guns that you export.

But your leaders care enough about guns in order to get in front of the TV cameras so they can talk about the gun violence south of the border and how they can prevent it in Canada.

Priceless.

Last edited by Richard; June-05-22 at 02:00 PM.

After Oxford a safe storage law only makes common sense. This law does not stop anyone from buying anything in Michigan.

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/docum...1-SIB-0550.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    After Oxford a safe storage law only makes common sense. This law does not stop anyone from buying anything in Michigan.

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/docum...1-SIB-0550.pdf
    To understand that we can play a fake scenario situation.

You are lying in bed fast asleep next to your loving wife while your children are in their beds fast asleep with dreams of sugar plums dancing around in their dreams.

I kick in your front door and in less then 10 seconds am at one of your childrens bedroom door where I yank them out of bed and hold a gun or knife their neck or head.

Or am at your bedroom door with a gun pointed at your or your wife’s head.

In that ten seconds,you have to come out of a deep sleep from after hearing the door being kicked in,understand the situation you are in ,jump out of bed,go to your weapon that is locked in a metal box,fumble about with the key or combination,while under the sleep effect combined with being scared as hell,then remove the trigger lock,load the weapon then set about protecting your family.

You have to turn on the light while you are doing all of that so you can see what you are doing which made you an easy target 5 seconds ago.

Try that in a dry run and under 10 seconds.

The second scenario is your gun is loaded and in the nightstand drawer where you roll over and retrieve it and shoot me dead before I even enter your bedroom through the door or as I am opening it.

When it comes to home defense,seconds matter.

That is why gun storage laws are hard to implement.

I can meet you 1/2 way,one gun that is used in home defense remains exempt,the rest would be included in a safe storage law.
    Last edited by Richard; June-05-22 at 04:00 PM.

You do not care enough about your children to feed them in school.
    You do not care enough about your children in order to help them from committing suicide.
    You do not care about 1000s of missing indigenous women
    You do not care about the genocide being created as you arm terrorists,which includes women and children,with your guns that you export.

I think you accidentally described Republicans when going after Canada. Woops.

Man who witnesses gunman crash his pickup, then get out with an evil look in his eyes, begin loading his AR and start shooting says he wanted to stop the gunman.

But an officer told him to stay back and shut up.

Then the cops proceeded to wait nearly an hour and a half to enter, during which time the gunman took his time, casually executing 21.

They also cuffed and almost arrested a mother who wanted to rescue her children. They eventually uncuffed her and she snuck into the school and rescued her 2 children herself. The police STILL hadn't gone in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz

The whole thing was repulsive, wasn't it?
    Man who witnesses gunman crash his pickup, then get out with an evil look in his eyes, begin loading his AR and start shooting says he wanted to stop the gunman.

But an officer told him to stay back and shut up.

Then the cops proceeded to wait nearly an hour and a half to enter, during which time the gunman took his time, casually executing 21.

They also cuffed and almost arrested a mother who wanted to rescue her children. They eventually uncuffed her and she snuck into the school and rescued her 2 children herself. The police STILL hadn't gone in.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz

To understand that we can play a fake scenario situation.

You are lying in bed fast asleep next to your loving wife while your children are in their beds fast asleep with dreams of sugar plums dancing around in their dreams.

I kick in your front door and in less then 10 seconds am at one of your childrens bedroom door where I yank them out of bed and hold a gun or knife their neck or head.

Or am at your bedroom door with a gun pointed at your or your wife’s head.

In that ten seconds,you have to come out of a deep sleep from after hearing the door being kicked in,understand the situation you are in ,jump out of bed,go to your weapon that is locked in a metal box,fumble about with the key or combination,while under the sleep effect combined with being scared as hell,then remove the trigger lock,load the weapon then set about protecting your family.

You have to turn on the light while you are doing all of that so you can see what you are doing which made you an easy target 5 seconds ago.

Try that in a dry run and under 10 seconds.

The second scenario is your gun is loaded and in the nightstand drawer where you roll over and retrieve it and shoot me dead before I even enter your bedroom through the door or as I am opening it.

When it comes to home defense,seconds matter.

That is why gun storage laws are hard to implement.

I can meet you 1/2 way,one gun that is used in home defense remains exempt,the rest would be included in a safe storage law.

Seriously Richard, if I were you, I would refrain from buying your wife a gun and putting it in her bedside table. Just sayin’.

Seriously Richard, if I were you, I would refrain from buying your wife a gun and putting it in her bedside table. Just sayin’.

Maybe you should put your keyboard and mouse under lock and key. It would prevent you from shooting off your mouth.

Do you know what the last thing that goes through a bugs mind as it goes splat in the windshield?

Its ass.

You reply like that because your narrative got splattered just like the bug,and that’s why things are the way they are,because of people like you.

Do you know what the last thing that goes through a bugs mind as it goes splat in the windshield?

Its ass.

You reply like that because your narrative got splattered just like the bug,and that’s why things are the way they are,because of people like you.

Be thankful guns are only inanimate objects, not innate as you wrote in one of your interminable posts, which was an inane way to put it, to say the least.

As far as countering what you deem to be a sucker punch post, all I notice is your capacity to pull statistical data out of your buggy ass is just as bad as your ability to make judgements from it. I don't mean to insult you, but I really think you should keep at least one of your bedside guns under lock and key.

Be thankful guns are only inanimate objects, not innate as you wrote in one of your interminable posts, which was an inane way to put it, to say the least.

As far as countering what you deem to be a sucker punch post, all I notice is your capacity to pull statistical data out of your buggy ass is just as bad as your ability to make judgements from it. I don't mean to insult you, but I really think you should keep at least one of your bedside guns under lock and key.
    lmao,the links are there and they are your own countries government supported statistics.

Unless of course you are implying your government has a habit of pulling things out of their ass ?

Personally sense they could not figure out the Italian mafia was connected to the Italian mafia until Italy told them in the late 90s,I would not be surprised.

Guns are not allowed in prisons,but yet in 2018 they had 4,185 deaths.

Your narrative is anti gun because they have to point the finger at something in order to deflect from your own societal policy failures.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast