Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default School Shooting at Oxford High School

BREAKING NEWS!!!

There was a school shooting just happen at Oxford High School. A 15-year-old suspect shot a couple people. So far 3 are dead and 6 are injured.

Here is source.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...hool-shooting/

I have a cousin who attends Oxford and knew one of the victims. I just found out about this and I’m at a loss for words honestly. Things need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Things need to change.
    It won't as long as the NRA keeps buying Judges and legislators.

Do you all remember this school shooting:

Shooting of Kayla Rolland: At Buell Elementary School, a 6-year-old boy fatally shot 6-year-old classmate Kayla Rolland. To date, the boy is the youngest documented fatal school shooter.

This happened in February 29 2000

What is the motive of all this: It all started poor family in Flint. The boy's mother who used to be on welfare MUST work at restaurant in Great Lakes Crossing Mall bright and early to late at night. A boy found a loaded gun at his uncle's bedroom, took it to school to show and tell his friends. Then he shot a little girl to death.

This was record school shooting at an elementary school in U.S. History. This was before Sandy Hook.

Is America remembering from this historical and horrendous event? NO.

Nothing will change sadly. If Sandy Hook didn't change anything they're not gonna care about this.

This will be in the national news in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This will be in the national news in a flash.
    Sadly, it's not a lead story nationally anymore.
    Last edited by 401don; November-30-21 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Sadly, it's not a lead story nationally anymore.
    It's already on FOXMSNBCNBCABCCNBCNEWSYCHEDDARNEWSCBS Right now!

Some comments from various news sources are already decrying this as another crime-filled day in Detroit! Withstanding that Oxford, MI is 42+ miles, 45 minutes away........

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Nothing will change sadly. If Sandy Hook didn't change anything they're not gonna care about this.
    Sandy Hook, try Stoneman Douglass High School. This is not a bowling for Columbine High School problem. This is a national problem with kids and guns. Looks like every high school in the nation will have security guards, cameras and metal detectors all over the place.
    Last edited by Danny; November-30-21 at 04:59 PM.

Danny, Sandy Hook was babies; if the gun nuts didn't care about them, this and Stoneman are less than blips on their radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Sandy Hook, try Stoneman Douglass High School.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    danny, sandy hook was babies; if the gun nuts didn't care about them, this and stoneman are less than blips on their radar.
    this

This incident was over a suspension and vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Danny, Sandy Hook was babies; if the gun nuts didn't care about them, this and Stoneman are less than blips on their radar.
    I know someone whose 6 year old daughter was murdered at Sandy Hook. He is a professional performing musician and such is the state of vileness of the gun craziness in this country that he would actually have gun loons show up at his shows threatening him and shouting out that his daughter never existed and that he was a part of some insane conspiracy.

He's a much better person than me and he would usually just react by playing one of the beautiful songs he wrote for the heartbreaking album he dedicated to his daughter.

I wonder if the people who speak out after this avoidable gun tragedy will, like my friend, like David Hogg and other survivors of the Parkland horror, like other people who have shown the courage to challenge our nation's blood soaked psycho-sexual firearm obsession, also find themselves being followed and harassed and smeared and threatened and maybe worse by the NRA-cult popgun lovin' crazies?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    challenge our nation's blood soaked psycho-sexual firearm obsession,
    They're called Ammosexuals.

How will this figure in?

Michigan suspended school security funding, expanded after Parkland, during pandemic
    Detroit Free Press on MSN.com|20 minutes ago
    Michigan state leaders made a series of moves to address school safety after a mass school shooting in Parkland, Florida in 2018.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mi...mic/ar-AARmyZg

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I know someone whose 6 year old daughter was murdered at Sandy Hook. He is a professional performing musician and such is the state of vileness of the gun craziness in this country that he would actually have gun loons show up at his shows threatening him and shouting out that his daughter never existed and that he was a part of some insane conspiracy.

He's a much better person than me and he would usually just react by playing one of the beautiful songs he wrote for the heartbreaking album he dedicated to his daughter.

I wonder if the people who speak out after this avoidable gun tragedy will, like my friend, like David Hogg and other survivors of the Parkland horror, like other people who have shown the courage to challenge our nation's blood soaked psycho-sexual firearm obsession, also find themselves being followed and harassed and smeared and threatened and maybe worse by the NRA-cult popgun lovin' crazies?
    I think of those small young children at Sandy Hook often when these diabolical events happen and then about the horrific abuse that has been directed at the parents of the deceased little ones. It is despicable what these people have had to endure after losing a child. Threats, conspiracy lies, vile names, and disrespecting their dead 6 year old. All I can say Al is I wish your friend peace if it can be found in this world. And something far greater in the next one.

A 3 yr. old shot and killed their 5 yr. old cousin in South Fulton, Georgia a couple of days ago. That's hardly news either of course. The same people who wouldn't let their kids play with scissors leave loaded guns laying around the house.

There will be shooting everywhere in America [[this free country) Especially shootings in our schools. Have we not learned from Columbine to Stoneman Douglass? You all better remember Oxford High School because if another school shooting happens. Be ready, pray, cope and hope.

We must have gun control in this free country NOW. And those Klan supported NRA better stay out of our way.

Because the gun said - pssst hey you,over here, come pick me up and go shoot up a school,they will blame me so they do not have to face the reality of a mental health crisis going on in this country.

A glass bottle with gasoline and a rag stuffed into one end could do a heck of a lot more damage faster,wonder if people will be talking about banning gasoline,rags and glass bottles if that ever happened.

Kids are no different then adults these days,everybody is off of the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Because the gun said - pssst hey you,over here, come pick me up and go shoot up a school,they will blame me so they do not have to face the reality of a mental health crisis going on in this country.

A glass bottle with gasoline and a rag stuffed into one end could do a heck of a lot more damage faster,wonder if people will be talking about banning gasoline,rags and glass bottles if that ever happened.

First blame COVID-19 pandemic for making mental health issues grow. Then blame millennials for bad parenting for Gen Z kids. Even after the COVID-19 Pandemic there will be more Millennials and Gen Z kids feeling more miserable. Also blame social media for turn Millennials and Gen Z kids into addictive internet potatoes.

Thank you 'Meta-berg' for making social media a bad influence to our youth.
    Last edited by Danny; November-30-21 at 07:01 PM.

Three students from Oxford High School will not be coming home to their families from school.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Pretty sure the 3 yr. old who shot and killed their 5 yr. old cousin wasn't planning to get gasoline and light up a rag. Guns are killing machines that are readily available lying around homes, that can be used on a whim with no extra thought required and are totally unnecessary in most suburban neighborhoods.
    Last edited by 401don; December-01-21 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Pretty sure the 3 yr. old who shot and killed their 5 yr. old cousin wasn't planning to get gasoline and light up a rag. Guns are killing machines that are readily available lying around homes, that can be used on a whim with no extra thought required and are totally unnecessary in most suburban neighborhoods.
    Did you know you are 4x more likely to be killed by a distracted driver then a gun?

I am ready to ban cell phones,are you ?

Canada has gun restrictions,seems like a lot of innocents are getting caught up in the crossfire,do not have a gun,grab a van or a suv like what just happened,the DA is asking for $1000 bail in that one.

Cars are killing machines,just laying in wait to pounce.

The UK has strict gun policies,so the thugs kept their guns and everybody else just switched to knifes,even requiring to be over 21 to purchase a kitchen knife,did not help.

The guy that went on a shooting rampage in Canada? All of those he shot never had a chance,they had to sit there like dogs and die.

This is why it continues to happen,all the anti gun people come out of the woodwork and focus on the gun and not dealing with the people behind it.

If somebody has reached the point of picking up a gun and killing somebody,the issue with the gun itself is long gone.
    Last edited by Richard; December-01-21 at 10:25 AM.

Such a tragedy. My heart breaks for the families and kids.

Around 1pm I heard a lot of sirens for quite a while at my home near John R and Auburn Road. It was the sound of Rochester Hills emptying its Oakland County Sheriff substation all five of its fire stations, sending every available firefighter and piece of equipment north. Neighboring fire departments were called in to man the Rochester Hills stations and run calls in the absence of all our personnel.

The Oakland County Sherriff's office responded in less than five minutes. Dozens of ambulances and several helicopters arrived in preparation of the worst.

This tragedy has brought to light a really solid emergency response capability within these Oakland County communities. I hope that we maintain this capability and never have to use it again.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast