Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You also have to consider how unwieldy a car or truck would be in assaulting particular victims. The car/truck gig is not all that good at infiltrating hallways and taking out an agile would be victim in a parking lot situation. Your armed forces don’t rely on infantry to kill the enemy with Hummers, they carry guns instead.

From any statistics I've seen, more people are killed with guns than by other means. Many of these gun deaths are suicides which can be fairly easily accomplished by other means like poisoning. Cars mostly work with adults at busy outdoor venues like parades and outdoor fests. With good planning, three commercial airings can take out 2996 people at a time. A couple of years ago, I figured out that children are statistically safer inside schools than outside of schools not including gang and knife incidents the government like to fudge school shooting numbers with. As has been pointed out, knives are too slow to kill large numbers of school children and we know that cars and commercial airliners don't work well in schools either. Although big city crime reports might have 3-7 people being murdered over a weekend, every weekend, and these numbers far exceed shootings in schools, those incidents involve mostly adults and are by nature less dramatic than someone shooting up a bunch of children all at once. There is probably a racial aspect too in terms of the audience caring whether 20 mostly white kids get killed in a school or 150 mostly black people were killed here and there in random Democratic big cities last weekend.

One thing I've wondered about lately is how many of our school shootings have been in private schools vs. public schools. If, I'm guessing, 10% of our children attend private schools, then we should expect 10% of school shootings to happen in private schools. if the percentage of killings is far less than 10%, then school vouchers might be a partial solution this school shooting problem. At least this would provide an option for poor and middle income parents worried about such incidents in schools. Rich people largely send their children to private schools already anyway.

Canuck, "NATO estimated last week that Canada spent 1.36% of its GDP last year on the military". You can criticize the US all you want but Canada probably needs to do more to hold up its end so the US doesn't have to compensate for Canada's NATO defense shortcomings. You might need more Hummers, a real navy, guns, etc. if your PM has to take on someone better armed than truck drivers.
    Last edited by oladub; June-10-22 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Lately I've been wondering how much of this increased violence could be from the vac ci nes.

The DMED data shows a nearly TEN fold increase in neurological disorders among the vax'd [as well as a 21 times increase in people with hypertension [systolic BP above 140]].

My casual observation of coworkers who were and were not vax'd seems to back this up. The couple that were are more moody, and a bit depressed, and now have high blood pressure. Both seeing BP increases from the low 130's to the high 180's, all starting the week after getting the shot, and they've stayed that way for months now. Perhaps the moodiness is from not getting sleep? High BP will keep a person awake.

Bottom line, are we doomed to suffer through a MUCH more violent society for the next 30 years?

The number of people I see loosing their "S" these days is dramatically increased from what it was in 2019.

There has been a massive uptick in violence in the last couple of years,you know it is crazy when Detroit is knocked out of the long running highest crime city #1 spot and the most liberally progressive city in California has recalled its star liberal DA because even they had enough of it.

On CBS this morning the mayor of Baltimore, makes the comment,” we have to stop these far right groups from using the constitution when it comes to guns”

That right there tells us it is not really about guns and more about narratives and divisions,because millions of democrats also are gun owners.

I think it more about being able to break the constitutional shroud of protections,so it can be easier in the future to tweak it accordingly.

Its weak leadership though when one uses guns as a diversion instead of actually having to address crime and violence.

Those policies have actually put more guns out there based on peoples fear of the unchecked crime waves going on.
    Last edited by Richard; June-10-22 at 12:27 PM.

Just remember that the two of you can use direct messages for conspiracy theories and can spare the rest of us.

Or is this what you consider a “fact based” argument. One fool says vaccines are causing violence and the other fool brings up the secret plot for the Democrats to take guns away.

^ and the biggest fool uses his personal opinion,that nobody really cares about, as a base of argument.

Okay genius,show your facts as to why crime and violence has increased so much ?

You once told me that you made a stupid mistake because you were young at the time,go back to that moment in time and think about what your mindset was that drove you to that and why you felt it was okay and acceptable at that time.

Outside of still being the fool that you call others,you have not changed much,you still think it is okay to act and treat others as you see fit,because you got away with it before.

What motivates a person to pick up a weapon or any other means and do harm to others that for the most part they have never even met,if not because they have justified their cause in their mind and that takes precedence.

You got away with what you did back then because the system failed,they should have arrested you,but you knew the odds were on your side,so you did what you did.

You cannot say at this time weather or not the shot has triggered a violence sensor in the brain,you do not know and the vaccine makers certainly will not tell you,only time will answer that question.

They say the lockdowns have had an impact on the increased violence,but the violence was already increasing dramatically before even rona virus came along.

You are always looking for excuses in order to justify peoples actions,we have a systematic problem in this country and it has little to do with guns.

When you have customers beating up or shooting fast food workers because they got their order wrong,we have a bigger problem then guns,the guns are just the lazy and easy target when playing the fools game.

Removing all the tools that one uses out of rage or in an act of violence is not going to decrease the level of violence,humans by nature will adapt,they will just find another means to their end.

Part of the reason for the delay in this school shooting was because the school had installed hardened doors that could not be easily kicked in,they did their job and prevented entry,unfortunately it prevented quick entry of the very ones that needed fast excess.

Thats putting bandaids and feel good moments instead of addressing the real issues.

Prisons are some of the most secure and hardened institutions in the country,but yet there were 4500 murders in prisons,without a gun.

What separates a mass murder from a regular person,we all have wanted the beat up the fast food worker that gets our order wrong,but what separates those who want to from those who do?

They say there is a tiny interceptor in the brain that makes the difference from thinking violent actions and actually acting on them.

What changes that trigger? You up do not know as I do not know,nobody wants to find out because it is easier to point to a gun and say … see that is the evil thing.
    Last edited by Richard; June-10-22 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There has been a massive uptick in violence in the last couple of years,you know it is crazy when Detroit is knocked out of the long running highest crime city #1 spot and the most liberally progressive city in California has recalled its star liberal DA because even they had enough of it.

On CBS this morning the mayor of Baltimore, makes the comment,” we have to stop these far right groups from using the constitution when it comes to guns”

That right there tells us it is not really about guns and more about narratives and divisions,because millions of democrats also are gun owners.

I think it more about being able to break the constitutional shroud of protections,so it can be easier in the future to tweak it accordingly.

Its weak leadership though when one uses guns as a diversion instead of actually having to address crime and violence.

Those policies have actually put more guns out there based on peoples fear of the unchecked crime waves going on.

Yes, thats’s right, your remedy is to multiply guns and gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Yes, thats’s right, your remedy is to multiply guns and gun owners.
    No actually it was human nature,when people see unchecked violence in the streets and realize the onus was on them to protect themselves and and their families,they are going to do what it takes to do that.

Its the Canucks of the world that increases gun purchases,because you go out of your way to justify the violence and you support policies that have increased it.

You think you are immune from it because it happens to the other guy or family,but you are the other guy and family to somebody else.

The best advice I can give you ,do not bring a knife to a gun fight and when it comes to protecting your family,you are never going to convince others that is a wise move.

Cause and effect.

If people feel safe they have no need to take the means to protect themselves.
    Last edited by Richard; June-10-22 at 01:03 PM.

Richard - “Liberal who doesn’t like me once trespassed in a billionaires abandoned train station, therefore he is a scumbag who never learned his lesson.”

Also Richard - “The people who trespassed on January 6th were set up by the liberals in a secret plot to make the president and Republicans look bad. They shouldn’t face the consequences of those actions because I agree with them politically.”

You’re a joke. You talk about facts then do nothing but present opinions. No Liberal has ever put forth a bill to take away all guns. But the NRA and those in the conservative media bang the drum whenever a Dem takes office that that is what is going to happen. So the paranoid amongst us, you know people like you, buy up guns then come on here and blame the democrats for those purchases instead of the conservative fear machine.

Maybe I think you’re a fool because of the vaccine… I have felt some changes since taking it. I find myself craving fake meat products and I have this impulse to commit voter fraud. You and your conspiracy-pal might be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Richard - “Liberal who doesn’t like me once trespassed in a billionaires abandoned train station, therefore he is a scumbag who never learned his lesson.”

Also Richard - “The people who trespassed on January 6th were set up by the liberals in a secret plot to make the president and Republicans look bad. They shouldn’t face the consequences of those actions because I agree with them politically.”.
    End of discussion right there.

You justified what you did in the past because you were young and dumb,we were all there before.

But you still justify those actions and double down in them because you stated

Trespassed in a billionaires abandoned train station.

It was owned by a billionaire
    It was abandoned

That remains your justification today,so you have not moved past the young and dumb excuse.

The rest I did not include in the quote because all it was,was you twisting my words in order to fit your narrative in your mind only and useing other false narratives to beef up your non argument.

Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on the rights of the individual, liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law.[1][2][3] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support individual rights [[including civil rights and human rights), liberal democracy, secularism, rule of law, economic and political freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, private property and a market economy.[11]

I do not hold or judge you based on your political leanings,mostly because it is confusing as to what you actually stand for.

You do not understand what a liberal actually is,you would suck as a progressive because nothing they do makes any sense or logic,you are definitely not a conservative democrat.

I think you need to discover yourself and be comfortable with yourself and what you stand for or believe in first before passing judgment and labeling others.

You really need to even stop discussing guns because all you do is show how little of a clue you understand that situation when you double down on the right and the NRA.

What part of millions of every walk of life own guns and support the NRA,guess what, there are progressives that own guns.

You are not thinking on your own,all you are doing is taking talking points and repeating them because that is what you are told.

What does the right or the NRA have to do with the 83 % of gun violence is a result of suicide ?

And yet you guys keep repeating the lie that gun violence is the number one cause of children deaths.

The #1 cause of child death is suicide by gun,but you fixate on the method of choice.

Nobody has ever called an emergency house hearing in order to deal with the massive suicide rate,or the violence rate,they call a emergency house hearing over guns.

There are marches against violence in communities all the time,the only way it gains national attention is when the marches are against guns.

It is not a conspiracy theory,it is well documented that you care more about your narrative then about actually saving lives,because if it was not the country would be in an uproar over the massive amounts of child suicides and how to get the help they need to them.

This country has a 13% gun problem,that puts it way down in the list of things that can be prevented and prioritized,all you are trying to do is put the horse back into the stable after he already escaped.

This thread has strayed off topic and posting is hereby terminated.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24