Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Hahahahaha that’s what I have to say. I only look up the score to see how bad they’re getting beat or lost. This is beyond a curse at this point. Find something else to do with your time and money on Sundays people.

Sell the Team Ford Family NOW! Before it's any worse.

Aye. There's the problem, mates. They still make money, so why should they care?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post

Aye. There's the problem, mates. They still make money, so why should they care?
    Because a winning team would make more money. Duh.
    They won't sell because they, meaning the family, are competitive and don't want to admit they aren't capable of fixing it. I think they should sell if only because "Ford" is a brand and both the local and national negative exposure the football team is giving the Ford name, just by association, is probably harming the company. Customers don't like to be associated with losers either.
    Last edited by 401don; October-31-21 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Same ole' Lions. Bad ole' putty tats!

PHILADELPHIA 44
    LIONS 6

0-8

Eight down nine to go!!!!

The most horrible Lions roster team that I ever seen! This is a national disgrace!

Goff Goofed for the fourth time. Miss a field goal, no good running games, too many punt kicks. Both the defense the offense has turned to -----!

I'm not cussing in this board here. I'm just fed up with the Lions period!!!

Thank you Bobby Layne for cursing the Lions. Michigan State Spartans can beat the Detroit Lions.

Detroit doesn't have a NFL team anymore.
    9 more to go. It's a 17 game season.

Lions might be the first team ever to go 0-17 next.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Lions fans are loyal, I'll give them that, although finally we're seeing a lot more empty seats, which is encouraging. I was listening to a radio show this morning where the guy from Vegas said a lot of money, about 70%, was coming in for the Lions, much of it from Michigan. It had taken the spread from 3 and half to 2 and a half overnight. There's loyal and there's just plain dumb.
    Yep. I foolishly underestimated the Lions' ability to make a mediocre opponent look like a Super Bowl contender. I hear there was some booing directed towards the Lions today. Really? I think we left booing behind years ago. If you purchased a ticket for a Lions game you shouldn't be booing. If you bought a ticket you're complicit in this sad display of ineptitude.

As the sale of the franchise is constantly pushed by shock jock radio host and disgruntled fans does anyone really have any confidence that the Lions would remain in Detroit if put on the market? Last week during the nationally televised Rams Lions game the commentator referred to Detroit as “a small market team”.

With a dwindling fan base and the rest of the base accusing the fans that attend or watch games complicit in Lions failure why would a new owner want to give it another shot here and deal with that shit when new much more lucrative pastures already have the leagues attention?

The London Lions has a ring to it the other owners in the NFL would love to hear. Money runs this league, not tradition.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; October-31-21 at 09:58 PM.

Last week during the nationally televised Rams Lions game the commentator referred to Detroit as “a small market team".

Well...They are. Detroit is the 23rd largest city in the US. Just 40 years ago, it was the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Well...They are. Detroit is the 23rd largest city in the US. Just 40 years ago, it was the 5th.
    But the Metropolitan area grew between 1950 and 2021 from 2,769,000 to 3,530,000.

Detroit Metro Area Population 1950-2021 | MacroTrends

Lost locker room: Enough lame "excuses" from the soup-maker, players looking more forward to enjoying the vacation time-off "bye" vs playing some stupid home football game against a lousy 2-5 Eagles team.

Congratulations to "Big Play Slay" on the TD score!

Name:  Bags LionsX.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  47.4 KB
    Last edited by Smirnoff; November-01-21 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post

Maybe not for long. Per Detroit News, attendance fell below 50000 yesterday. The average attendance is down, even worse then when they were 0-16. If that keeps dropping, maybe these people finally start feeling it in their wallet. That will get their attention once those trust funds aren't filling as fast.

At least we now know that it was Stafford that was winning the games we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Clowned by the Eagles for a 44-6 final. Forget the Bobby Layne Curse, welcome to the Matthew Stafford Curse.

No Big Ben....a half a century of losing in Pittsburgh. The Steelers coming off a short week and the Lions a bye....could this be the week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    No Big Ben....a half a century of losing in Pittsburgh. The Steelers coming off a short week and the Lions a bye....could this be the week ?

Yes - could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    No Big Ben....a half a century of losing in Pittsburgh. The Steelers coming off a short week and the Lions a bye....could this be the week?
    Maybe the Steelers could injure their own back-up and use their 3rd stringer to make it even like Buffalo did with their goalie last night. Nah, still wouldn't be enough.

Tied at the half.

And we "improve" to 0-8-1 for our first non-loss of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    And we "improve" to 0-8-1 for our first non-loss of the year.
    Yay?

Same ole Lions! They can tie, but they can't win games.

STEELERS 16
    LIONS 16

0-8-1

Nine down eight to go.

Goff goofed with an interception. And a miss game winning overtime field goal. Must mean the curse is still working. It's the offense still suck and defense improves.

Now it's 0-16 time!

I just don't understand why the Lions do not have a decent backup OB. Jared Goff is absolutely terrible. He is unworkable as an NFL starter, it doesn't seem as if he can throw the ball downfield. Put in anybody else they have on the roster, get somebody off the street, start anybody except this guy. They can't possibly go into next season with him as the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    But the Metropolitan area grew between 1950 and 2021 from 2,769,000 to 3,530,000.

Detroit Metro Area Population 1950-2021 | MacroTrends

That's not a whole lot. According to this, Detroit is the 14th largest Metro Area. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrop...atistical_area

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I just don't understand why the Lions do not have a decent backup OB. Jared Goff is absolutely terrible. He is unworkable as an NFL starter, it doesn't seem as if he can throw the ball downfield. Put in anybody else they have on the roster, get somebody off the street, start anybody except this guy. They can't possibly go into next season with him as the starter.
    Might as well give David Blough some reps. He can't do no worse.

Fact: in any paid-work environment, anytime your boss [[Dan Campbell/HC) takes over your responsibilities [[Anthony Lynn/OC), its Not a good day/season. . . ...days remaining appear numbered.

Wonder who will be the "new" revolving practice squad/place kicker against the Browns?

When our kicker lined up for the 48 yarder, all one had to do was watch his body language, and you knew their wasn't a chance in hell he was gonna make it.

Boo on the Detroit media for the lack or inaccurate coverage of many things related to the Lions. It took you 5 weeks to tell anyone the extent of Taylor Decker's finger injury [[plate & screws), and I still don't know if Jared Goff was hurt going into the game or during the game.

The offensive line was dominating in the run game, yet our quarterback was 4 of 6 for 11 yards in the first half, was injured, and can't run anywhere when he's healthy. You had to personally replace the OC, yet your QB's performance didn't warrant a change at halftime ? Were you afraid of a QB controversy when you're 0 - 8 ??? You're backup is incapable of running a Junior High offense ? How absurd !

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Wonder who will be the "new" revolving practice squad/place kicker against the Browns?
    It could be you:
    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...es/8636198002/

Name:  257538071_5163832956977365_591261140000504305_n.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  56.4 KB

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast