Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Just in time to lose the first round draft pick...
    Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are rated a toss-up by most people so falling to no. 2 won't matter. If they drop to no. 3 and can't get either, some sites have them going for Pittsburgh's qb, Pickett.

Not bad same ole' Lions.

DETROIT 30
    CARDINALS 12

They shot the playoff ready red birds.

But it's already too late to make the playoffs.

2-11-1

Fourteen down, three to go.

As the Bobby Layne Curse continues.

Same Ole/Same Ole: When they need to win, they lose. . . ...when they need to lose, they win?

Another wasted season. . . ...kerry-on.

Nice win. No reason to get too excited though. It only means that we've re-entered the 'any given Sunday' mode of the rest of the NFL. The lousy and uninspired play of the Cardinals was the real story.

As for the draft, any top 5 pick will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    But wins knock them down a rung in every round. It's only a game, but remember that the Lions drafted Stafford, Pettigrew, and DeAndre Levy after the winless 2008 season. Julian Edelman was the 232nd overall pick in the same draft, but scripture foretells that the sky will fall before the Lions have that kind of luck or skill.

Actually, the entire NFL has fallen pretty much into mediocracy. I think next year any team has a crack at the top. Including the Lions. A-1 quarterbacks are a thing of the past.

Take your shots.

Whoa! Slow down there for a second… Now your playing with my Lions phobias like they don’t matter buddy. If they pick lower than 2 it all goes to hell. We are talking Lions drafting here not the other 31 teams drafting abilities. It is best to stay right here at number 2 before we end up with a 3rd round talent at 3rd-5th overall…

A million years ago.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  67.9 KB

2. Chase Young
    3. Jeff Okudah

But wins knock them down a rung in every round. It's only a game, but remember that the Lions drafted Stafford, Pettigrew, and DeAndre Levy after the winless 2008 season. Julian Edelman was the 232nd overall pick in the same draft, but scripture foretells that the sky will fall before the Lions have that kind of luck or skill.
    Whoa! Slow down there for a second… Now your playing with my Lions phobias like they don’t matter buddy. If they pick lower than 2 it all goes to hell. We are talking Lions drafting here not the other 31 teams drafting abilities. It is best to stay right here at number 2 before we end up with a 3rd round talent at 3rd-5th overall…
    Skip the two defensive ends and the offensive tackle, and the next player drafted might be Safety Kyle Hamilton from Notre Dame. He would instantly be the best player on our defense. Lots of ways things can fall. Brad Holmes just has to do his job no matter where we pick. We once had to choose Barry Sanders because Green Bay selected Tony Mandarich ahead of us. The world champion Washington Redskins once had the last pick in the 1st round and picked a little guy nobody wanted named Darrell Green who played 17 years and went to the Hall of Fame. You can go on and on with good and bad examples. Brad Holmes was supposedly selected as our GM because of his ability to find late round draft picks. It's time for him to prove his worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Actually, the entire NFL has fallen pretty much into mediocracy. I think next year any team has a crack at the top. Including the Lions. A-1 quarterbacks are a thing of the past.

Take your shots.
    It's too bad the Lions have been so bad because the NFL is more entertaining than I've seen in my lifetime. The variety of offense being displayed with the passing on 1st downs, etc. is way better than the 3 yds. and a cloud of dust days. The additional passing has actually opened up the running game.
    The constant reviews in all sports are annoying but I don't know how you go backwards and not use the technology you have to get the call right.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It's too bad the Lions have been so bad because the NFL is more entertaining than I've seen in my lifetime. The variety of offense being displayed with the passing on 1st downs, etc. is way better than the 3 yds. and a cloud of dust days. The additional passing has actually opened up the running game.
    The constant reviews in all sports are annoying but I don't know how you go backwards and not use the technology you have to get the call right.
    My favorite is when the sidelines official walks up the field on a punt to arbitrarily project where the ball went out of bounds by using some sort of mental plane projection in their heads. There is usually 10 players, a coach, and an overhead camera that had a better view than he/she did.

Same ole' losing Lions!

FALCONS 20
    LIONS 16

Got clawed for the Falcon's mighty talons.

2-12-1

Fifteen down two to go. Let's get it over with. The sooner Lions get one more loss, the sooner it's back to offseason and rebuild since 1958. And the Bobby Layne Curse continues.

Sell the team Ford Family.
    Last edited by Danny; December-26-21 at 08:25 PM.

4th quarter 3rd and 2 in the Falcon Red Zone. Falcons 20 Lions 13.

Lions are going for a I-formation. Horrible play!!! They should be gone for a nickel pass cross slants. or run left deep cover play. It least for a first and goal or a TD to tie the game 20 all.

Here is another horrible play. Falcons 20 Lions 16. Lions need a simple TD to win They are in the Falcon's Red Zone 1st and Goal. Boyle decides to do a simple high school shotgun pass to WR. Falcons read their plays and the Falcon's intercepted the ball WE LOST!

Just do the pass cross slants plays and your WR's will get the open catch of the ball to the TD Zone.

They are really cursed team.
    Last edited by Danny; December-26-21 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Sixteen down two to go.
    15 down but you're getting closer this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Goofy Goff decides to do a simple high school shotgun pass to WR. Falcons read their plays and the Falcon's intercepted the ball WE LOST!
    Dude: Bit confused aye, Goff didn't play today, too much Cloud-9. . .WTF?

Based on the remaining schedule, Lions will not pick first in the draft.

Sunday, January 2
    Jacksonville @ New England
    Detroit @ Seattle

Sunday, January 9
    Green Bay @ Detroit
    Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

Same ole' putty tats!

SEAHAWKS 51
    LIONS 29

2-13-1

Sixteen down one to go.

Let's get this over with. Let the rest of the teams go to the playoffs! All I can write is sell the team Ford family. Hopefully it ends the Bobby Layne Curse!

Another year of Jared Goff and I’m going to lose it. Down by 14 points and all he can do is thrown 7 yard passes or some kind of flea flickers. Draft a QB, or sign a free agent QB or do something. I can’t take anymore of that guy, he’s terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Another year of Jared Goff and I’m going to lose it. Down by 14 points and all he can do is thrown 7 yard passes or some kind of flea flickers. Draft a QB, or sign a free agent QB or do something. I can’t take anymore of that guy, he’s terrible.
    If it makes you feel any better, and it probably won't, Rams are
    getting very nervous about Stafford in the playoffs. Six turnovers last two games and second in the league in interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, and it probably won't, Rams are
    getting very nervous about Stafford in the playoffs. Six turnovers last two games and second in the league in interceptions.

Justifiably so. Even though he has a much more talented team around him, dude has never won a playoff game, PERIOD.

Deshawn Watson is in town for something.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Deshawn Watson is in town for something.
    At least the Lions will not get Antonio Brown!

Same ole' Lions

Season is done by sending the Packers packing back home to Green Bay.

LIONS 37
    PACKERS 30

3-13-1

And that is game folks. Not ready to for the playoffs this year with a lousy 53 team roster that don't have a confidence to win football games. After the off-season draft and camps, it's going to be cut and cap.

In the meantime, congrats of good luck Stafford for leading the Rams to playoffs.

Goofy Goff is thinking about if he stays or goes. Campbell stays another year and Lions keep on rebuilding since 1958.

It's time to sell the team Ford family. Maybe Dan Gilbert wants to buy the Lions.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast