Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Not only are the Lions a hopeless team, they are unlucky too.

Just a few more inches on the spot of the play before that bounce in NFL record FG and....

It's as if they have a Bambino-type curse.
    Bobby Layne curse.

New regime?

It's the same song [[losing) with a different singer [[Campbell), how many times have we heard the same first-year blah-blah narrative "over & over" since 1957?

0-3 in last place - Go Lions!

Fact: The Detroit Lions remain among the least-valuable NFL franchises. One reason for the Lions lowly ranking is that the team posted a net operating loss in 2020 according to Forbes’ figures. The team had a net operating income that was down $22.2 million last year.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; September-29-21 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    I didn't like the way the game ended but I liked what I saw. People are getting frustrated by them losing, when we're three games into what has clearly been announced as a multi-year rebuild.
    Yep I've been watching that rebuild since 1957.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    New regime?

It's the same song [[losing) with a different singer [[Campbell), how many time have we heard the same first-year narrative "over & over" since 1957?

0-3 in last place - Go Lions!

Fact: The Detroit Lions remain among the least-valuable NFL franchises. One reason for the Lions lowly ranking is that the team posted a net operating loss in 2020 according to Forbes’ figures. The team had a net operating income that was down $22.2 million last year.
    One of the least valuable franchises in a large metro area? Net operating loss? Income down $22.2 million last year? More evidence indicating new owners are needed. An NFL franchise should be a license to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by 13606Cedargrove View Post
    One of the least valuable franchises in a large metro area? Net operating loss? Income down $22.2 million last year? More evidence indicating new owners are needed. An NFL franchise should be a license to make money.
    There are only 32 NFL teams in the world. NFL franchise owners are part of a very exclusive group. It is a license to print money, a quarter of a billion to a third of a billion every year in TV a revenue alone, not to mention ticket sales, parking fees, 9 dollar beers and everything else. Hard to believe that the Lions are losing money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Yep I've been watching that rebuild since 1957.
    My new team is the Rams. I won't watch Lions' games at least until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    My new team is the Rams. I won't watch Lions' games at least until next season.
    The Lions go to LA later this season. Can't wait to see Stafford torch his old team.

Quote Originally Posted by 13606Cedargrove View Post
    The Lions are the exception, not the rule...

Vegas has the Lions as 3 point road dogs against the
    Bears on Sunday. The Bears are horrible, as are the Lions, but the Lions should cover those 3 points in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    None take a knee any more, so I thought maybe it was okay.
    Well, if the Raiders hit a losing streak, don't break an ankle jumping off the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbak View Post
    Well, if the Raiders hit a losing streak, don't break an ankle jumping off the bandwagon.
    Hey, after following the Lions since the fifties, it's a pleasure to be on a winning bandwagon for a while. But all things must end.

Goff is washed up?

Man, Goff looked like shit out there. Fumbling, overshooting receivers, had alligator arms on a couple easy tosses.

However, I predicted from the beginning that Stafford would flourish in new surroundings and with a quality team, and so far he's proving me right. So there's that. Something to root for, for the rest of this season.

Same ole' stinking pussy cats!

BEARS 24
    LIONS 14

0-4

Four down thirteen to go.

Can't get a decent win.

Goff goofed! Two fumbles, two turnovers offensive still sucks and so is the defense. The Bobby Layne Curse continues.

SELL THE TEAM!! They are done.
    Last edited by Danny; October-03-21 at 07:36 PM.

Man, Goff looked like shit out there. Fumbling, overshooting receivers, had alligator arms on a couple easy tosses.

However, I predicted from the beginning that Stafford would flourish in new surroundings and with a quality team, and so far he's proving me right. So there's that. Something to root for, for the rest of this season.
    Goff goofed! Get used to him. He get better next year!

I don’t know what to say about the Lions. I’m speechless - this is as bad as anything I can remember and I’ve been following this team for over 50 years.

Goff was beyond horrible today, and of course the Lions have no halfway decent backup QB. The defense is a joke, the secondary is almost nonexistent. Some of Coach Campbell’s decisions leave me wondering if he’s competent to be a head coach. Why we continue to hire these learn on the job guys is beyond me.

it’s very discouraging. I had this team pegged for 7 wins - they’ll be lucky to get to 4 wins.

Yeah, Campbell's trying to be a bit too aggressive at times, as if boldness will somehow camouflage lack of talent. Why go for it on 4th and short in last 5-6 minutes when an easy FG makes it 24-17?

Maybe it's analytics, which has already destroyed baseball as I once knew it. Ya know, all the cool coaches are doing it....

The Lions have a chance to do something thats never been done. We’re tied with the Browns for the worst losing seasons at 0-16. But wait...theres 17 games this season. We can do this! Whose with me?

Man, Goff looked like shit out there.
    He's gotta' be the worst starting QB in the NFL. And Campbell's washed-up as a coach. Whatever happened to Jim Caldwell?

Despite not winning a championship since 1957, the Lions are one of the more profitable NFL franchises. The team is a money maker so there’s no real incentive to make meaningful change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat001 View Post
    Despite not winning a championship since 1957, the Lions are one of the more profitable NFL franchises. The team is a money maker so there’s no real incentive to make meaningful change.
    All NFL teams make money. I'm not sure why the Lions would be one of the more profitable. All teams split national tv revenue and their attendance is usually middle of the pack. They don't get much from parking compared to some teams and all teams spend to the salary cap. Anyway, this idea that they don't want to win is nonsense. They completely turn over the gm and coaching staff every few years. They obviously don't know how to win but incentive has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    All NFL teams make money. I'm not sure why the Lions would be one of the more profitable. All teams split national tv revenue and their attendance is usually middle of the pack. They don't get much from parking compared to some teams and all teams spend to the salary cap. Anyway, this idea that they don't want to win is nonsense. They completely turn over the gm and coaching staff every few years. They obviously don't know how to win but incentive has nothing to do with it.
    Because we live in a era where people just make stuff up based on nothing then present it as a fact. If they were among the “most profitable in NFL” they certainly wouldn’t be 3rd from the bottom of the list in value.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...emic-year/amp/

The Lions' 63 years w/o a championship is shaping up to be one of the longest droughts in pro sports history---getting ever closer to those century-long droughts of the Cubs and Rex Sox before those streaks were finally broken. Unlike the Cubs and Bosox, however, the national media doesn't portray the Lions as lovable losers. Just losers.

Goff ain't the answer, and I've never thought he was. The last thing the Lions needed was another immobile, drop-back QB. Zzzzzzzz. And Campbell, for all his passion, isn't HC material. He proved that in his previous gig.

Lets face it, with all of the pre-season "bite kneecap" toughness attitude, just the basic coaching fundamentals of the game are missing. . . ...whether its time mgt, play calling, red zone scoring, 3rd/4th down execution, audibles, reading offense, gameplan, blitz, blocking/tackling, etc.

Other than none, what is one [[1) clear improvement [[offense, defense, special teams) we can clearly see on the field associated with the new coaching regime at 0-4?

Carry on, another SOL season wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    ... just the basic coaching fundamentals of the game are missing.
    The Lions are inventing a whole new sport. It utilizes the same field, ball, pads, etc., as NFL football; but the center snaps the ball to the opposing team. The idea is to befuddle your opponent with never-before-seen blunders.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast