Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I believe it's an Asian vegetable.
    Can it be found in the produce or ethnic food section at Target?

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Can it be found in the produce or ethnic food section at Target?

I guess we'll have to wait till they build the Target to find out.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-11-22 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    It's a bad idea to have retail on the ground floor of condos. Rivertown Market is doing great as a stand alone structure. I would had placed Target on Woodward in the vacant land just north of Mack so it could stand alone and it would had been operating by the end of the year. Orleans Landing off the Riverfront still have empty storefronts that never been filled since the opening of those condos nearly 10 years ago.
    They should have put that retail on the ground floor of the apartments along Atwater, overlooking the River. They would have been filled the 1st month of move-in. We need more cafes along the Riverwalk!

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    They should have put that retail on the ground floor of the apartments along Atwater, overlooking the River. They would have been filled the 1st month of move-in. We need more cafes along the Riverwalk!
    One of the best retail to put on the riverwalk is a Bike Blades and Board shop. A sporting goods store such as Dick's or Dunham's would be great along or near the Riverwalk or Riverfront. Many people jog, skate, or ride bicycles along the riverwalk and the Cut why not have a sporting goods store open along it or near it

This was put up today, there were rumors that this could be an Apple Store. We can only speculate for now.

Attachment 42045

Pizza Cat, a Toledo restaurant, is taking over the Ready Player One space that silently closed during the pandemic. Opening June 1.
    https://www.metrotimes.com/food-drin...a-cat-29849441

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    I agree, but it seems like the developers for Orleans Landing didn't want that kind of retail in their development. If you look at the retail space that's available, it's very, very, small, even for a barber shop/hair salon type space. I think management was looking for retail like an insurance office, nothing conducive to a coffee shop. That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Pizza Cat, a Toledo restaurant, is taking over the Ready Player One space that silently closed during the pandemic. Opening June 1.
    https://www.metrotimes.com/food-drin...a-cat-29849441
    Sounds like they'll still have the arcade games, which is cool

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    I agree, but it seems like the developers for Orleans Landing didn't want that kind of retail in their development. If you look at the retail space that's available, it's very, very, small, even for a barber shop/hair salon type space. I think management was looking for retail like an insurance office, nothing conducive to a coffee shop. That's my two cents.
    Their website lists the units as flex units,fully furnished at $102 per night,it could be the thought for the small commercial units is to rent them out as pop up locations,depending on if foot traffic is slow during the week,but the pop up aspect could be used to create a weekend bazaar of sorts.

Like a artist or something could rent the units for a couple of days,display the art outside on the weekend and use the small space to store the work securely overnight.

The construction could maybe even designed where if a few walls are taken out they could easily expand the small spaces into larger ones if the demand is there in the future.

Somebody could easily do a little pop up coffee shop there over the weekend no different then like a catering service.

Looking at it like that,the concept is kinda cool they could provide a constantly changing base of things for people visiting river walk to see,it would be different every visit.

Kinda like renting a booth at a flea market,but way more upscale and with a view.
    Last edited by Richard; April-21-22 at 12:19 PM.

We have a new one! Rihanna's Savage X Fenty lingerie brand

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...re/9649589002/

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    How do you know it's going to be downtown?

Crain's reported that it will be going into the space next to Cornerstone Barrel House on Woodward.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Crain's reported that it will be going into the space next to Cornerstone Barrel House on Woodward.
    Good. I was afraid they were just referring to metro Detroit.

Great. I just want to ask why not just have Victoria Secret downtown? How long Rhiana had her stores running in other states? I wish her well. As far as celebrities opening businesses in Detroit goes; there had been a few disappointments over the past few years. The most recent is the defunct Tony Island restaurant that had opened on the Eastside last year with a lot of fanfare including from one or two member of City Council. I think that the restaurant is now closed or it's hours of operation had been reduced drastically.

Bad News!!!

Ochre Bakery in the corner of Grand River Rd. And W. Warren Rd. in Detroit, MI. will be closing its doors by May 15.

Good News!!!

At least Singer and Actor Rihanna may open her high-end pant--I mean a Fenty store in Downtown Detroit. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Danny; May-06-22 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Great. I just want to ask why not just have Victoria Secret downtown? How long Rhiana had her stores running in other states? I wish her well. As far as celebrities opening businesses in Detroit goes; there had been a few disappointments over the past few years. The most recent is the defunct Tony Island restaurant that had opened on the Eastside last year with a lot of fanfare including from one or two member of City Council. I think that the restaurant is now closed or it's hours of operation had been reduced drastically.
    It's pretty obvious why the chains you keep talking about don't open downtown. The demographics don't justify it. When celebrities or other independents open they are taking a chance on the market that the big corporations won't. I did a quick google search because I suspected her products would be high end but they aren't. They're very much middle price range.

Looks like Premier Pet Supply at the City Club Apartments is finally opening. They removed the coming early 2021 sign, stocked shelves, and posted hours on the window. There are no articles about it and they haven't updated their website, FB, or IG yet but I'll try to post a picture when I get a chance.

On the other hand there was previously a sign on Woodward saying that Halal Guys was coming soon, but have not seen that sign recently.

Forgot to post about this last month or so, but looks like signs of Sahara Restaurant coming soon is posted up on Columbia Street in the "District Detroit." They were planning on opening since 2018 and nothing happened until about last month.

When is the Gucci store set to open? Also, I see that the former Woolworth storefront had been completely renovated. Any word to what is going to open there?

Here are some images of Premier Pet Supply:

Attachment 42139
    Attachment 42140
    Attachment 42141
    Attachment 42142

^ Cool. Is there metered, ground or structured parking nearby?

I remain reserved about shopping downtown due to lack of parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post

You cannot be serious lol

it's surrounded by street parking – all up and down Washington, Clifford, Bagley... parking downtown is so easy if you parallel, and the Park Detroit app makes it a cakewalk. i'm down there almost every day during the day and rarely do I have to go more than a block out from the Capitol Park vicinity.

I am. While I work full and part-time [at the same time often], and exercise regularly I DO have limited mobility regarding walking distances.

There are a few us out there like that you know...... one or two folks seeking close parking when shopping - especially if carrying heavy items!

We even still want to drive our cars......

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    You cannot be serious lol

Last edited by Zacha341; June-25-22 at 10:01 AM.

Awesome Kuuma! I attended CCS and WSU so I can parallel park in ultra tight spots very well. How else could you deal with WSU etc. campus unless you can park on a dime!? Thank you for the details.

I have that COD parking phone app. It helps as you can add more time from your phone rather than walking back to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    it's surrounded by street parking – all up and down Washington, Clifford, Bagley... parking downtown is so easy if you parallel, and the Park Detroit app makes it a cakewalk. i'm down there almost every day during the day and rarely do I have to go more than a block out from the Capitol Park vicinity.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-25-22 at 09:49 AM.

Yea I believe there is underground parking on Clifford Street of the same complex [[I think it might be shared with residents at City Club Apartments CBD) but not sure if they do parking validation.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast