Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Capitol One Cafe [[food/banking/community)
    Monroe Street Midway [[entertainment)
    Milk + Froth [[food)
    Apparrallel [[pop up)
    Apple Developer Academy [[education)
    Girl Boss Fashions [[pop up)
    Saucy Brew Works [[food)
    Greyson Clothier [[golf/activewear)
    Three Thirteen [[clothing)
    M Den [[sportswear)

Older, but recent:
    Shinola
    Madewell
    H+M
    Detroit is the New Black
    G-Star
    Bonobos
    Eatori Market
    The TEN Nail Bar
    MarxModa

excuse the parenthesis - app is messed up
    Greyson isn’t new to downtown. They had been located in the First National Building on the Cadillac Square side for a year or two before relocating to the former John Varvatos spot.

Also G-Star has been closed for awhile. That storefront is currently a clothes store called Dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Exactly who controls what type of businesses open on the strip?
    I think that the DEGC, and some associations

I think that the market is there. People are coming downtown to shop, dine, and for recoration. What downtown is missing, well at least before Covid, is a movie theatre such as MJR, an electronic store, and more middle end stores

According to Crain’s Detroit months back that Emagine found a location in Midtown near an area with existing parking [[to be fair rumors of Emagine have been circulating well before the pandemic). Downtown needs a store like Target [[which is also rumored to be in Midtown possibly part of City Club Apartments) for not only groceries, but household items.

Kind of surprised that there are no retailers at prime locations such as where the Hard Rock Cafe used to be, building next to the Hudson Cafe, and some vacant storefronts on Woodward. Granted the pandemic has taken a huge toll on retailers, but some of those areas have been vacant for a while. Broadway is another area that really needs to be redeveloped especially since Punch Bowl Social is no longer there.

Punch Bowl Social isn't gone. The announcement made was that they had permanently laid off their employees but planned to reopen. They're still listed as a tenant on Bedrock's website too.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Punch Bowl Social isn't gone. The announcement made was that they had permanently laid off their employees but planned to reopen. They're still listed as a tenant on Bedrock's website too.
    Ah ok I do see some articles since April 2020 that they say they plan to reopen. On the other hand on their FB page it says they're permanently closed. On the Punch Bowl Social website Detroit is not on their locations list and only Milwaukee is listed as re-opening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Greyson isn’t new to downtown. They had been located in the First National Building on the Cadillac Square side for a year or two before relocating to the former John Varvatos spot.

Also G-Star has been closed for awhile. That storefront is currently a clothes store called Dose.
    thanks...i figured there may be an error or 2

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Ah ok I do see some articles since April 2020 that they say they plan to reopen. On the other hand on their FB page it says they're permanently closed. On the Punch Bowl Social website Detroit is not on their locations list and only Milwaukee is listed as re-opening soon.
    considering their location in the deer district they missed their shot at a huge cash infusion. i think they're not coming back - the bucks who own the building want a new tenant in by autumn. wouldn't surprise me if gilbert is courting other tenants too.

Capitol One Cafe [[food/banking/community)
    Monroe Street Midway [[entertainment)
    Milk + Froth [[food)
    Apparrallel [[pop up)
    Apple Developer Academy [[education)
    Girl Boss Fashions [[pop up)
    Saucy Brew Works [[food)
    Greyson Clothier [[golf/activewear)
    Three Thirteen [[clothing)
    M Den [[sportswear)

Older, but recent:
    Shinola
    Madewell
    H+M
    Detroit is the New Black
    G-Star
    Bonobos
    Eatori Market
    The TEN Nail Bar
    MarxModa

excuse the parenthesis - app is messed up
    What type of business is Marx Moda?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    What type of business is Marx Moda?
    Storefront for commercial furniture and interiors dealer. They are the local Herman Miller rep. Basically, the folks to call for $6000 eames lounger. #Yesdaddy

https://store.hermanmiller.com/livin...tml?lang=en_US

I think that the new stores su ch as xhibition would be a plus for the downtown area especially for the young millennial, hipsters, and techies. I think that it is a great idea to focus in more boutiques and mid range stores for downtown. Let a department store have a small footprint instead of being the sole drawer of the downtown market. Apple, Best Buy, Micro center, or Staples need to have a place downtown and not wait on the Hudson site building to be built to open in. It might take years for that development to be completed and why wait that long and miss out on the market

I was at a lecture with Paul Glantz and he said they been really struggling to find land, but are getting close
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    According to Crain’s Detroit months back that Emagine found a location in Midtown near an area with existing parking [[to be fair rumors of Emagine have been circulating well before the pandemic). Downtown needs a store like Target [[which is also rumored to be in Midtown possibly part of City Club Apartments) for not only groceries, but household items.

Kind of surprised that there are no retailers at prime locations such as where the Hard Rock Cafe used to be, building next to the Hudson Cafe, and some vacant storefronts on Woodward. Granted the pandemic has taken a huge toll on retailers, but some of those areas have been vacant for a while. Broadway is another area that really needs to be redeveloped especially since Punch Bowl Social is no longer there.

Any new retail downtown needs to cater to those who live downtown. Is there a dry cleaners? Is there a place to buy underwear? Target would answer the underwear question and would be a great addition to downtown or midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Any new retail downtown needs to cater to those who live downtown. Is there a dry cleaners? Is there a place to buy underwear? Target would answer the underwear question and would be a great addition to downtown or midtown.
    Target has never answered the underwear question for some of us.

Is there a place to buy underwear?

Depends...

Seems like the Halal Guys from NYC is opening a location on Woodward where Slices Pizza used to be:

https://detroit.eater.com/2021/7/28/...troit-michigan

Recently saw sign out front of Frita Batidos that they plan to reopen in Fall 2021. Not sure how they will survive because Columbia Street is always empty even pre-pandemic.

Foot traffic on Woodward starts to become fairly light once you go north of John R. Needs to be a restaurant with outdoor dining or something next to H&M. Could see a Korean BBQ place doing fairly well. Cheesecake Factory anywhere Downtown should also do fairly well. There is only 1 which is Novi. Even Denver has 3 in the metro area with 1 Downtown despite a smaller metro population.

Not sure the progress on the Book Tower, but it may add a lot of retail space as well [[25,000 square feet pre-pandemic).
    Last edited by ShadowSoarer; August-01-21 at 01:35 PM.

Is there a place to buy underwear?
    Under Armour
    Nike
    H+M
    Bonobos
    CVS, for disposables
    Last edited by hybridy; August-01-21 at 09:35 AM.

Under Armour
    Nike
    H+M
    Bonobos
    CVS, for disposables
    Hanes? Fruit of the Looms? That's real underwear, not sports athletic underwear. I went into H&M and didn't recall any underwear. Given the cost of clothes in Bonobos, how much would that underwear cost? And I wouldn't call Depends "real" underwear.

There is a dry cleaners downtown on Clifford
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3346...7i16384!8i8192

It's good to see things are still moving in the right direction in terms of retail.

Hanes? Fruit of the Looms?
    If downtown residents were clamoring for those brands I'm sure a retailer would have them on offer.

If downtown residents were clamoring for those brands I'm sure a retailer would have them on offer.
    We're downtown residents clamoring for expensive golf shirts. I would agree that a Hanes or Fruit of the Loom store would make a killing downtown. Who doesn't have more than enough underwear or apparel. I think that Lids should have a store downtown

If you get desperate, I'm pretty sure you can find underpants at the dollar store. As you know, there's plenty of those around.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    If you get desperate, I'm pretty sure you can find underpants at the dollar store. As you know, there's plenty of those around.
    We're talking good quality underwear and garments. Not something that has defects or of poor quality. This is the mindset of many Detroiters geesh

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    We're talking good quality underwear and garments. Not something that has defects or of poor quality. This is the mindset of many Detroiters geesh
    You mentioned Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, I didn't. You referred to those brands as good quality, I didn't. I'm not an expert on the quality of underpants. Those brands are what the dollar store sells.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast