Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
I am glad that a condo wasn't attached or built ontop of this market. A stand alone grocery store is a much better idea. The Woodward Street Market is a huge success on Woodward and 13 mile road. This one, if properly managed will be a huge success and a shot in the arm on Jefferson Avenue.
But the Woodward location is already in a sea of parking. It suits the surroundings. To me the Jefferson location compares more to the Lansing location-on a main commercial corridor, within walking distance of other businesses and tourist destinations. I think it would have been well suited to house a hotel above it, a la the Lansing location.

I have stayed in the Lansing hotel several times. We frequent the store below each time we stay there. It's also convenient for those that live and work nearby.

Name:  Screenshot_20211004-144627_Maps.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  64.5 KB

But hey, this store is a good addition even as a stand alone. People will utilize the new store often, but generally not for their one or two week supply of groceries. It's the kind of place you go for something specific or something new.