Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
I do not know anything about Bo's actions. I wasn't there. Not aware of any proof other than stories. Should we really obliterate someone because stories?

You may wish to take action, but I suggest that it would be better to let history settle this without your call to action.

Again, I'm not arguing anything about these claims. Maybe they are 100% true, maybe 10%, maybe not at all. What I am arguing is against the arrogance of cancel culture that is trying so hard to find anything imperfect, and demanding an obliteration of everything good. We are better if we are more humble.

Or carry on and repeat stories you can't be sure are true. Get Bo's statue removed. Remove his name from buildings. Wipe his name from all historical records. And in the end, you will have accomplished nothing. But if you find joy in the hunt, best to you.
So was Joe Paterno cancelled as well?

School report says Bo knew, his own family member says he knew and dozens of his former players have come forward saying he knew, but you are going to blame cancel culture on this? Laughable. Bo didn't drop an N-bomb on a live mic or something, he enabled a predator and in fact got him rehired after the athletic director wanted to fire him due to this. But hey, dude won some football games and is dead so.... CANCEL CULTURE!