Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
Ha I remember walking to my elementary school [MM Rose] along Baldwin at Medbury and came upon a large pile of liquidy “mashed” corn on the sidewalk that had been dumped out of second floor window.

The other fond memory was dealing with the “ The Big Four”.
there were two detectives, a sergeant and a patrolman for the driver. It was cool when they earned our respect and they came to respect us. A big four door black unmarked Chrysler they would cruise around in.

I hope my recollection is accurate…. Anyone.?

The old noggin is still working, Dan. I've had the pleasure of "meeting" the Big Four on several occasions in my younger days. Walking to school, I used to pass a home with a larger yard with a tall wooden fence around it. There were vines, with strange pods on them, unlike my Mom's and Aunt's flowers, poking out between the boards, here and there. One of the neighbors told me they were hops.[I had to look up "hops" in a dictionary, internet wasn't working back then] Walking home from school one day, there were several black DPD cruisers in front of the house, and the signature Big Four sedan. Several officers were pouring, out of barrels, a liquidy, oatmeal-like substance into the sewer, lots of it. It was summertime, hot, and the concoction stunk to high heaven. Turned out the DPD had busted a beer making still. Back then, a lot of people made homemade wine, but this was a large amount. I remember walking over to it and poking it with a stick, [geeky kid] until one of the cops chased me away and told me to go home. My first initiation into the seemy underworld of crime.