Okay State of Michigan Belle Isle State Park, you've had enough time. What's going on? Belle Isle is by far your most visited state park in Michigan yet it abounds with neglect, abandoned structures and features. A couple of days ago, I came across another.

I drove past the former 9 hole golf course. It is now a swamp overgrown with cat tails and its charming Lake Muskoday bridge has become a decaying graffiti gallery.

^Above, the Detroit Yacht Club from the Golf Course Bridge.

Across from the golf course's long abandoned equipment building, this lovely concession stand continues its years of abandonment. Will it fall to the wrecking ball like the recently demolished Newsboy Picnic Shelter? And I won't even begin on the Grand Prix since that ecological disaster deal was cut before the state's control.

In addition to the golf course, its bridge, and refreshment stand the neglect list, help me if I missed any, includes the zoo, and handball/racquetball courts. You've had enough time. This is your most popular park. Fix them up Michigan.

But, to end on a positive note, this may be the best year ever for lilacs on the island.