Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    No matter what, the last thing we {metro Detroiters} need is the GOP in control of both State Houses and the Governorship, again. Funny how that happens even when Democrats outnumber Republicans in MI, and Democrats collectively get the most votes for Congress.

I have no issues with Whitmer big enough to want to try our chances with total GOP control of the State, again. Especially these days after most of them seem to have gone off the deep end. Even before that, for many decades, the MI GOP has proven they care much more about everyone else except here in Detroit.
    Excellent concise points bust. They have had a long successful run at turning Michigan into just another agricultural state.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    No matter what, the last thing we {metro Detroiters} need is the GOP in control of both State Houses and the Governorship, again. Funny how that happens even when Democrats outnumber Republicans in MI, and Democrats collectively get the most votes for Congress.

I have no issues with Whitmer big enough to want to try our chances with total GOP control of the State, again. Especially these days after most of them seem to have gone off the deep end. Even before that, for many decades, the MI GOP has proven they care much more about everyone else except here in Detroit.
    Well the posters here who follow their party line consider those who they do not agree with a dirtbag,but get upset because the other party follows its party line.

If Detroit does not represent the GOP why would one expect the GOP to represent Detroit when it is made clear the majority cannot stand the GOP?

It has also been made abundantly clear by some leaders and representatives in the city that they do not want the GOP anywhere near the city and consider them their most hated enemy,which is supported by their constituents.

Okay fair enough,Detroit is a majority Democrat,but how is that working out?

That is the problem,people get so caught up in the politics of it instead of letting the politicians be politicians and after awhile the rhetoric becomes good enough and they do not actually have to provide representation.

If the GOP represents a majority agriculture community,and one is upset about that,then they are admitting that the GOP is representing its constituency,as a party should.

If the Democratic Party is representative of a majority industrialized city should it not be pushing that aspect?

It should not matter if Chief Craig is a Democrat or Republican,what should matter is what is his plan,what does he support,public transportation,job opportunities for the lower skilled at a living wage etc. and how he is going to address issues that directly effect the city and state.

If we are going to be stuck with politicians we need to figure out how to use them to benefit,taking the path of,no way I am supporting them because they are not apart of my party.

When one is picking battles,it is usually not a good idea to jump into one that cuts off you nose in spite.

Coaching the Detroit Lions pays a lot more money and apparently requires no skills whatsoever.

I can't wait to see the Republicans in this state drop like flies when the districts are redrawn in 2022.

Bye Repub garbage!

This from the Detroit Police Dept FB page; shake up? I wonder what's going on here?
    Detroit Police 1st Assistant Chief Lashinda T. Stair to retire
    Detroit, MI – First Assistant Chief Lashinda T. Stair will be retiring from the Detroit Police Department after 25 years of dedicated and distinguished service to the department and the community. She has been a staple in this agency, implementing many initiatives and programs aimed at improving the quality of life for all citizens, while supporting department members.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This from the Detroit Police Dept FB page; shake up? I wonder what's going on here?
    She put in her 25 years required for full retirement and will go on to something else. Exactly what I did. So why should you see some nefarious undercurrent?

Because first the chief retires and next week so does an assistant chief. Let's see who follows.
    It's a bit different when rank and file retire; probably a lot of those every week and it doesn't make the news
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    She put in her 25 years required for full retirement and will go on to something else. Exactly what I did. So why should you see some nefarious undercurrent?

I like Chief Craig, I never did find him to be camera shy though. Also, I never could get past his claim that he was carjacked about 5 minutes after he first came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I like Chief Craig, I never did find him to be camera shy though. Also, I never could get past his claim that he was carjacked about 5 minutes after he first came to town.

Pastor Marvin Winans, Rev Jesse Jackson, were either carjacked or had their vehicles stolen from a secure, camera covered area. This used to go on more than reported by the media. Why is this hard to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Pastor Marvin Winans, Rev Jesse Jackson, were either carjacked or had their vehicles stolen from a secure, camera covered area. This used to go on more than reported by the media. Why is this hard to believe?
    I remember the Pastor Winans incident. Happened on Dexter. Winans stopped to get gas, and the perp came out of nowhere and carjacked his Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Vehicles stolen while parked is one thing. Getting carjacked the day he arrives in town is another. Why is it hard for me to believe? I'm not sure why. I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, and I still don't.

As far as more crime in the city then reported by the media, that I do believe.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Vehicles stolen while parked is one thing. Getting carjacked the day he arrives in town is another. Why is it hard for me to believe? I'm not sure why. I didn't believe it when I first heard about it, and I still don't.

As far as more crime in the city then reported by the media, that I do believe.

Just to be clear, Rev Jesse Jackson's vehicle was stolen from a very secured parked area. Pastor Marvin Winans was beaten, robbed, and carjacked. I belong to several neighborhood groups, including Next Door, and people post about theft, break-ins, and carjackings regularly. The carjackings have tapered off with all the camera installations. If Craig pulled in with out of town plates, I could see it happening.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-18-21 at 01:48 PM.

Chief Craig was on Newsmax tonight. Didn’t see the interview though.

Likely to be removed from the ballot for fraud:

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...tes-short-sigs

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

The headline in the linked article should say that they “submitted fraudulent signatures” instead of saying that they are “short signatures.”

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

If true, this bodes well for Whitmer. Five less candidates. Kevin Rinke will be her toughest adversary.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-24-22 at 11:41 AM.

^ its almost like by design, hugh.

I can see one or two,but 5 ? What are the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

While it isn't strange for you to post completely baseless conspiracy theories, it is odd that you did so so concisely. Thank you.

The current brand of republicans running haven't been sticklers for details or reality so is it really that surprising that a group who keeps claiming the most secure election in our lifetimes was rigged without a shred of evidence couldn't get on the ballot properly without fraudulent signatures? Kind of funny that the system working as it should has disqualified the group claiming fraud for, get this, fraud. The calls are coming from inside the house!

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    The current brand of republicans running haven't been sticklers for details or reality so is it really that surprising that a group who keeps claiming the most secure election in our lifetimes was rigged without a shred of evidence couldn't get on the ballot properly without fraudulent signatures? Kind of funny that the system working as it should has disqualified the group claiming fraud for, get this, fraud. The calls are coming from inside the house!
    Maybe they could have the Cyber Ninja's come test out the signatures for any paper of Oriental extraction?

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    While it isn't strange for you to post completely baseless conspiracy theories, it is odd that you did so so concisely. Thank you.

You did not answer the question,what are the odds of 5 candidates being flagged for the same thing.

You do not just wake up one day and run,and when you do you have experienced people running the campaign,I can see one campaign mess up,stretching it to 2,but 5? Really

If you remember correctly the City of Detroit had this same issue during the last mayors race.

Wait for it ……… They were democrats

So your republican narrative is baseless,this kind of stuff has been going on for decades,so many act like our political system just fell out of the sky when they were born.

Local elections have been rigged,bought and paid for,and manipulated sense the day they were invented,nobody is going to change that and it is all about getting the upper edge anyway possible,you or I are not going to change that,the only thing we can do is when somebody is elected,squeeze them to get what you need out of them in order to create a better community.

Politicians are like lemons,it is up to us to get involved and make lemonade out of them,it does not matter what suit or skirt they wear.

Any promises made by any of them is a load of crap and their shelf life for the most part is 2 to 4 years,you and your community are the only one in it for the long haul,start acting like it.

Like I posted before,Talib has a majority control over COD after the redistricting,when was the last time anybody has heard from her or even knows if she is still alive,what has she done for the city after they put her in her position,that’s what really matters, everything else is just stories printed in the newspaper.

Talib voted against the infrastructure bill,so while the people she represents as a majority were saying they wanted the potholes fixed,she tried killing the very bill that was passed to fix them.

Anybody ask her why?

So do not pretend you care about who gets elected or how it happens,because once somebody does get elected,24 hours later the public forgets all about why they put them in there in the first place.

The discussion is not about 2016 or 2020 it’s about local and state elections.
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-22 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

What are the odds? Well they are pretty good when you contract out your signature gathering to a dude who was charged with election fraud back in 2011 and got embroiled in scandal working to push for a ballot proposal in Florida last year.

I can understand a wack-job like Markey pulling this nonsense, after all he is one of the biggest candidates pushing the big lie. Two Chiefs of police and a self described 'quality guru' business man failing to vet their canvassers is baffling and fundamentally incompetent. Thats not a left/right issue, its a stupid/smart one. If I were Craig, Brown, or Parry I would be too ashamed to show my face in public for a while.
    Last edited by louis; May-24-22 at 03:44 PM. Reason: grammar

^ was the one guy collecting for all 5 - 6 candidates? I think not,sense they are all basically competing against each other.

I can easily respond to the stupid/smart issue that surrounds current events,but I won’t.

We are only commenting,assumption based,on what we have been told,it’s not a matter of smart/stupid,people do not go into this not knowing,there are multiple layers and we are only seeing the surface.
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-22 at 04:14 PM.

^ The collector handled the campaigns for both Johnson and Craig. The other three failed to collect the 15,000 signatures necessary to make the ballot. Mackey, Brown, and Brandenburg are so irrelevant they were not even invited by the GOP to the Mackinac Policy Conference for the Gubernatorial debate. I implore you to please read the article.

^ I did read it

The bureau identified 36 circulators who submitted sheets consisting entirely of invalid signatures across at least 10 campaigns, including for governor and local judgeships. Staff did not flag a reason for the fraud but noted the difficulty securing circulators and signatures for campaigns and ballot initiatives nationwide during the pandemic. Circulators often are paid per signature.

It clearly reads 36 circulators across 10 campaigns.

It makes no mention of any specific names as you did.

The one thing we cannot deny is we have seen this before,only it appears as if it becomes selective memory and based on who is making the accusations and how does it benefit them,when the shoe was on the other foot.

Or wake me up when there is some kind of bombshell groundbreaking news.

You do not think that with 36 circulators that are getting paid per signature,or there is room for a circulator to implement a personal agenda.

In theory a Republican can go undercover as a circulator and present false signatures in order to undermine a democratic opponent,or a Republican wants to sway the vote to a certain candidate and presents false signatures in order to undermine their chances,no different within the Democratic Party.

The other one said it was a conspiracy theory without knowing all is fair in love war and politics,people play games at levels 95% of the public has no clue about.

This was already called out in another Craig thread ,we are just seeing it play out.

Do you honestly believe everybody in every party is on board with every candidate simply because they belong to the same party?

There would be no need for buses,if there were no people to throw under them.

It all becomes irrelevant anyways,there will come a time and each party will present a candidate and say - pick one that we have selected for you.

Or in the now famous words from,we thrown them under the bus daily - What does it matter?

Last edited by Richard; May-24-22 at 04:59 PM.

... and yet Richard believes in the "Big Lie" [the election was stolen in 6 states], but finds this suspect... oh the irony...
    Last edited by Gistok; May-24-22 at 11:54 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast