Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Before my retirement as a pharmaceutical malpractice attorney I collected pharmaceutical ink pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Before my retirement as a pharmaceutical malpractice attorney I collected pharmaceutical ink pens.
    Ha! That reminds me of the time when I was in a medical facility and spotted what looked like a syringe on the floor. I pointed it out to a nurse and she laughed. She said it was just a novelty ink pen made to look like a syringe. Then she said they're not supposed to have them there just to avoid that kind of confusion.

I'd never heard of such a thing. Are they common?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Ha! That reminds me of the time when I was in a medical facility and spotted what looked like a syringe on the floor. I pointed it out to a nurse and she laughed. She said it was just a novelty ink pen made to look like a syringe. Then she said they're not supposed to have them there just to avoid that kind of confusion.

Years ago I worked for one of the big hospital chains in Detroit. From time to time they would have these, what I called "medicine shows". Pharmaceutical reps would come in and peddle their wares to the doctors in attendance, hawking the latest "break through". There were all kinds of giveaways like the syringe pen. For years I had a 3" plastic Vicodin, split in half, held together by magnets. The idea was to tack papers to a metal binder bin. When things became frazzled at work, I would pull it out of a drawer, break it in half, and offer it to a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Yes they are. They're sold in most hospital gift shops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2