Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm glad Kim Worthy upheld free speech, even if I vehemently disagree with the flag. Now, there may be other non-government mandated consequences for this racist idiot, but the right call was made here.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I'm glad Kim Worthy upheld free speech, even if I vehemently disagree with the flag. Now, there may be other non-government mandated consequences for this racist idiot, but the right call was made here.
    So your point is its ok to hang a Nazi-German Swastika or a Isis Flag in front of my property that includes a Black Lives Matter flag.

Don't you just love America. Home of the Freedom of Speech while we tried to cancel culture.

I know what the neighbor has done is despicable, but it's not illegal. He didn't put it in front of the lady's house, or even in front of his house. He hung it in a side window in his own house. I think he knew he would get away with this sneaky way of doing it so that's what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So your point is its ok to hang a Nazi-German Swastika or a Isis Flag in front of my property that includes a Black Lives Matter flag.

Don't you just love America. Home of the Freedom of Speech while we tried to cancel culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Yes. That's exactly what America is all about. Freedom.

Paraphrased .....

'I may not like what they say, but I'll defend to the death their right to say it.'

As long as no one was assaulted or physically harmed and no overt threats were made, no crime was committed.

I regularly see the 'confederate' flag flying in several places. It's wrong, but it isn't illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Yes. That's exactly what America is all about. Freedom.
    America is all about racism, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    America is all about racism, too.
    Harsh but I don’t disagree.

Indeed a level of freedom must be maintained - so I can see Worthy's take. The pleasant and not so pleasant or we will look up and find little left to be able to be said or displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post