Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
So you buy a zillion dollar home. But you're still in Michigan, with a goofy state government and shit weather. I'll pass.
The state government...eh, to each their own. I wouldn't say I agree with a lot that's been done, but I also can't say I have significantly better ideas.

I've yet to travel to a state that's compelled me to want to move. Many nice to visit, sure, but Michigan is home.

As for the weather...that I'll have to disagree with you on. Went skiing up north this weekend. Despite the single-digit low temps, the entire family had an incredible time. Snowed the entire weekend - though the sun managed to peek through at times. Conditions on the slopes were just about as close to perfect as you could ask for. With good ski gear [[and helmets!) we didn't even get cold. Turns out, the mandatory face coverings were a big help in keeping warm.

I'd say we get a month or two of lousy weather here, where the cold & gray can drag you down a bit. That's usually the time to travel to south for a week or so [[maybe not again this year). But for the most part, the seasons are pretty great, and we've had some fantastic summer weather in recent years.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...I like Michigan [[well, and the Detroit area, right?). To each their own, I suppose, but I have no interest in complaining about where I live.