Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Jason, you need another scraper. I wince every time you grab into that fishhook laden gunk. LOL!

I can understand all the pliers, knives and other fishing related junk and even the handguns but I can't imagine why there would be so many handcuffs down there.[/QUOTE]

I still have my scraper and still use it when i use my single sided magnet but with the new style magnet it just pushes everything from one side to the other. As for all the handcuffs i believe they may have something to do with all the witchcraft and voodoo stuff we have pulled out of this park. 13 pair of handcuffs and two leather wrist restraints out of this park....

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityMagnetFishers View Post
    I still have my scraper and still use it when i use my single sided magnet but with the new style magnet it just pushes everything from one side to the other.
    Ah! Makes sense. Now I'm trying to think whether a tool could be designed for that, something like spring-loaded aluminum brushes that the magnet could be drawn through to brush it off. Eh, probably more trouble than it's worth.

As for all the handcuffs i believe they may have something to do with all the witchcraft and voodoo stuff we have pulled out of this park. 13 pair of handcuffs and two leather wrist restraints out of this park....
    Yeah, creepy. It was interesting when you found keys with the cuffs. The keys might symbolize something in Santerķa. Not sure what though.

Antique River Treasure Found While Magnet Fishing the Detroit River
    In today's video we found some very old river treasure from the Detroit River with my super magnet....
    The nice thing about finding cans that old is that it suggests you're the first to fish that location so it might be hiding other treasures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Ah! Makes sense. Now I'm trying to think whether a tool could be designed for that, something like spring-loaded aluminum brushes that the magnet could be drawn through to brush it off. Eh, probably more trouble than it's worth.
    Hey, what about an electromagnet? You could turn it on while collecting and then turn it off while scraping it off.

Hey, what about an electromagnet? You could turn it on while collecting and then turn it off while scraping it off.
    That would make it very easy to clean the magnet for sure but having to tote around a power source for an electric magnet that can achieve the strength that the neodymium magnets have would be a huge pain in the butt.....and then the whole water and electricity thing.

Our latest video. The handgun is Serbian.....i am still amazed at how many firearms we have been recovering lately. we are up to 20 total to date....although there are seven more we have to put into videos. thank you all for watching and if anyone knows a veteran that would like to try magnet fishing i would love to take them out.

Great videos; great hobby! Makes me sorry I live in the desert, but going into old mines is fun, too.

@MotorCityMagnetFishers – do you have access to a boat? Would love to see what you'd pull up from the slip where the Fitzgerald was built.

Quote Originally Posted by JRiordan View Post
    @MotorCityMagnetFishers – do you have access to a boat? Would love to see what you'd pull up from the slip where the Fitzgerald was built.
    That is an excellent idea for a place to magnet fish. unfortunately i have only been out on a boat once. hopefully i can find someone else interested that owns a boat. i dont get paid to do this and a boat is way out of my budget....i am hoping to get a cheap truck soon just so i can haul the scrap metal away. but again at this point it is out of my budget.

i would love to explore old mines. we dont have real mines around michigan.

I would have expected a lot of guns but this is beginning to get ridiculous.

Can't Believe What I Caught While Magnet Fishing {Police Called}

In today's video I'm back for Part 2 of last week's video and I caught something I've never gotten before. Police are called for the gun from last week and another one I caught in this video.

i would love to explore old mines. we dont have real mines around michigan.
    Exploring mines is dangerous but this guy seems to be very experienced at it: Exploring Abandoned Mines

I would have expected a lot of guns but this is beginning to get ridiculous.
    I agree it is getting ridiculous. as of yesterday evening i have now found 21 guns.

Exploring mines is dangerous but this guy seems to be very experienced at it: Exploring Abandoned Mines
    I've been in quite a few out here in southern Nevada. They are amazing, and the geologic faces are sometimes breathtaking. Always wore a hard hat and never screwed with shafts. If it goes down, I stays up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I've been in quite a few out here in southern Nevada. They are amazing, and the geologic faces are sometimes breathtaking. Always wore a hard hat and never screwed with shafts. If it goes down, I stays up.

I'm glad Nevada found a use for those old diggings. A mine is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm glad Nevada found a use for those old diggings. A mine is a terrible thing to waste.

That was pretty good.

i may have to plan a vacation to try that sometime...

Default Our most recent video

This is our most recent video. just released yesterday. we made a new friend and caught an antique toilet from a boat. it was a great time.

I really hope everyone is enjoying our videos. if not please let me know and i will stop posting them here. Thank you everyone who watches us clean up the river.

... I really hope everyone is enjoying our videos. if not please let me know and i will stop posting them here....
    They never get old. They are Detroit related and draw some attention to DetroitYES! I'm still surprised at how many positive comments they received at the top of this thread.

If you ever did stop posting here for whatever reason we could always go directly to YouTube | Motor City Magnet Fishers.

I love that you caught someone else's grappling hook. Your wall display is interesting too. Is that a telescoping baton back there? It's in pretty good condition.

They never get old. They are Detroit related and draw some attention to DetroitYES! I'm still surprised at how many positive comments they received at the top of this thread.

If you ever did stop posting here for whatever reason we could always go directly to YouTube | Motor City Magnet Fishers.

I love that you caught someone else's grappling hook. Your wall display is interesting too. Is that a telescoping baton back there? It's in pretty good condition.
    I appreciate you. thank you. yes that is a baton. good eye. it was not in great shape when i pulled it out. in fact after i got the pieces moving again it flew apart in my garage. and i am glad that you enjoy the videos. there are some real interesting ones coming out in the next couple months. i do plan to keep magnet fishing until the river is frozen like i did last year.

Default Our newest video from the Detroit River

We hope you all enjoy. thank you everyone for following along on our weekly adventures.

Can't begin to tell you how I enjoy these videos!!! Alas, I live in the desert, but keep on posting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Can't begin to tell you how I enjoy these videos!!! Alas, I live in the desert, but keep on posting!!!!
    Thank you. we will.

Thank you to all the Men and Women that have served our great country. for all our faults there is no other place I would rather live. Thank you all. this is a video we filmed specifically to release today. we were able to honor some veterans and get them started with a new hobby.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast