Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Love these clips! Very well done, very well edited! Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Love these clips! Very well done, very well edited! Huzzah!
    Very cool. i am glad you like our videos. if you like we do have a Youtube channel and you can check us out there to join us on our weekly adventures.

Here's the link: Motor City Magnet Fishers

I'm amazed how much iron there is in the mud. Do I assume correctly that's why you have to scrape it off every time with a putty knife?

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I'm amazed how much iron there is in the mud. Do I assume correctly that's why you have to scrape it off every time with a putty knife?
    He answered that above in post #24.

I was wondering the same thing because I've watched a lot of others magnet fishing elsewhere who didn't need a scraper. I'm just guessing that Detroit's unique in that regard because of its industrial history.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    He answered that above in post #24.

I was wondering the same thing because I've watched a lot of others magnet fishing elsewhere who didn't need a scraper. I'm just guessing that Detroit's unique in that regard because of its industrial history.
    That is partially correct but Michigan also has a lot of Magnetite in the soil. when i fish in places that do not have the much and rust debris the Magnetite attaches to the magnet in a thick layer of solid black sand. it is actually one of the more cool things i see when fishing really clean waters.

What Does Magnet Fishing Look Like From Under the Water????

In this week's video we're exploring what magnet fishing looks like from under the water by putting an underwater camera on the rope. We're magnet fishing under the Ambassador Bridge to Canada, a spot that is great for views but will it be great for finds?
    The camera has sound too.

Anchors were found.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

What Does Magnet Fishing Look Like From Under the Water????

The camera has sound too.

Anchors were found.
    one of my favorite videos in a while.

I Went Magnet Fishing in Detroit and Took More Footage From Underwater

It feels like going on some wild carnival ride when he throws that camera.

The water in Amsterdam looks murkier than the Detroit River.

Scuba Diving for GOLD in Amsterdam's Canals {Underwater Metal Detecting}

This video is getting a lot of attention. Especially in Flint. did you see that water?

Here's some more Flint finds.

Who remembers these? Pulling Up OLD Items Out With My Magnet in Flint!

Every one of these items has a story behind it. We're not likely to learn the true story so imagination has to fill in. That wheel chair seems a bit creepy.

Every one of these items has a story behind it. We're not likely to learn the true story so imagination has to fill in. That wheel chair seems a bit creepy. [/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the share. i make sure i check every week to see if anyone is talking about us. thank you.

This one's different. He repairs it and tests it.

I Can't Believe I Found a Gun in My Attic Using My Magnet!
    This week's video is a little different. I can't believe that I found a gun in my attic when I used my magnet up there. Follow my journey from the surprising find to getting to fire the gun. This video was months in the making so it's extra long!

This guy is great! Thx, Jimaz.

Ooops. Lower case j.

Obviously most of the Detroit River shoreline area is of-interest to search/explore, either via SCUBA diving, dipping a camera, or magnet-fishing.

But a couple particular areas I always wanted to dive but never did:

Shoreline in front of:

Historic Fort Wayne -- obvious reasons.
    Belle Isle's Livingstone Memorial Lighthouse -- grounds were once a Nike missile launch battery.
    Alfred Brush Park/Maheras Park -- grounds were once a Nike missile integrated fire control site.

For a long time, the unofficial military policy was that something was properly disposed-of if it couldn't be seen, heard, smelled or tasted...

Old Detroit Boat Club docks & slip area -- I don't know how often it was dredged or when it last happened, but I know that for many decades, lots & lots of things were accidentally lost or deliberately tossed by people partying on boats at the docks. on pretty much a daily basis.

Fox Creek & some of the other 'creeks' around Windmill Point.

Look at All the Guns We've Found Magnet Fishing So Far

This week's video is a look at all the guns we've found magnet fishing so far. For those who have come over from other platforms, this is a must watch video! We've found guns in the Detroit River many times and it's always such a shocking and exiting experience. To fit all the guns in we've had to cut some footage short, so all the original videos can be found in this playlist.
    Who needs a sporting goods store when you have The Detroit River? LOL!

Hey. As a retired DPD copper, I can't believe how dumb the police officers act when responding to a found gun
    by these guys. I mean, really. Dah.

Ray1936, you are someone i would thoroughly enjoy talking to about Detroit. Maybe you could help me find other areas that need some TLC and to get the debris cleaned out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityMagnetFishers View Post
    Ray1936, you are someone i would thoroughly enjoy talking to about Detroit. Maybe you could help me find other areas that need some TLC and to get the debris cleaned out of the water.
    Well, since I live in Las Vegas, I'd suggest Lake Mead, or down from the dam, Lake Mojave. But since the water is so low just now, prolly wouldn't be worth the trip..................
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Well, since I live in Las Vegas, I'd suggest Lake Mead, or down from the dam, Lake Mojave. But since the water is so low just now, prolly wouldn't be worth the trip..................
    My apologies you said you were a retired DPD officer. i thought that meant Detroit Police Department.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityMagnetFishers View Post
    My apologies you said you were a retired DPD officer. i thought that meant Detroit Police Department.
    No apologies needed. I am a retired DPD officer, but moved to Nevada when I retired in 1984. Most of the family had moved here before that date.

Default All the Witchcraft and VooDoo stuff we have pulled out of the river.

Exciting Magnet Fishing Trip in Northern Michigan

In today's video, we have for you an exciting magnet fishing trip we took to Northern Michigan. We visited family around Cadillac, Michigan and wanted to see what items we found find in their waters.

Finding More Impressive Items in Northern Michigan
    In today's video we're back to find more impressive items in Northern Michigan. The area is so beautiful and it was so fun getting to magnet fish some new spots the week we were away.
    Nice change of pace.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast