Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Pulling Up More GUNS Out of the Detroit River While Magnet Fishing

In this video it's another solo trip magnet fishing the Detroit River and I pulled out 2 more guns. You don't want to miss either of them and my visit to the police station at the end!
    There are a couple of bald eagles too.

Great video, as always.

As a retired Detroit Police officer, I can't believe the arrogance displayed by those in the clip. Sigh. But then, I retired 40 years back.

It has been my experience that in Detroit there are certain officers that feel everything is an inconvenience to them. Every precinct has amazing officers but at the same time every precinct has the guys just hanging on till retirement that don't really want to do what they are being paid to do....come to think of it I think this applies to every profession out there.

More GUNS found while Magnet Fishing in Detroit, Michigan!!

In this week's video I'm magnet fishing in Detroit and caught 2 guns....

Some Surprising Finds Pulled Out of the Detroit River!
    This video is a compilation of a couple winter magnet fishing trips out on the Detroit River. I found some surprising items including a PS5 and more voodoo items!

Congrats on being featured in this Detroit News article!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Congrats on being featured in this Detroit News article!

Thank you very much. it was a good read for sure.

Magnet Fishing the Detroit River
    In this week's video I take a short trip magnet fishing the Detroit River.
    At 0:07, is that a cannon ball toward the lower right of his trophy wall?

It is. Good eye. It did not come out of the river while magnet fishing though. My great grand mother left it to me. She dug it up somewhere in Virginia I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityMagnetFishers View Post
    ... It did not come out of the river while magnet fishing though....
    I kind of figured it would have been in a video if it had.

Still a cool part of your collection though.

I randomly came across this on Youtube a couple of days ago and have been binging since. Kind of amazing how unprotected some of these areas are and that there isn't more effort from local government, Coast Guard or the E.P.A. Strongly considering getting a magnet and joining the upcoming cleanup in Ecorse.

That would be great if you did. we are trying to get as many people to come out as possible. maybe once we get this park cleaned up we can move on to other parks along the river.

Gun Found While Magnet Fishing a Family Park!!!

In this week's video, I'm back magnet fishing the Detroit River and I found gun #28 in a family park!!!! New videos go up on Sundays at Noon EST.

Another GUN FOUND in the Detroit River While Magnet Fishing
    In this video we're back on the Detroit River and have to call the police for another gun found! if you know any veterans, police or other first responders around Detroit thwt would like to magnet fish with us have them leave us a comment.

Most GUNS Caught Magnet Fishing EVER in 1 Day from the Detroit River

Just today I heard that river otters have been spotted in the Detroit River. They're considered indicators of a healthy environment. Thanks for helping to clean it up, Jason!

I absolutely LOVE these videos! I'd like to do such 'treasure hunting' but out here in Las Vegas there ain't much water or much history. Anyway.....I DO wish you'd start off with a note about where you are for each session. Would be appreciated by all, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    ... Anyway.....I DO wish you'd start off with a note about where you are for each session. Would be appreciated by all, I think.
    That's good advice to anyone starting any thread here.

Start off with a link to the Google StreetView showing the nearest cross-streets of the event. That way, readers can easily explore the neighborhood surrounding the event.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-01-22 at 09:19 PM.

Not Detroit but this shows the value of strategically selecting a spot to fish. My guess is the impact of high-diving into the water stripped the watches and earrings off the divers. I doubt there are any deep flooded quarries around here though.

MOST INSANE Magnet Fishing JACKPOT EVER! This Spot is UNBELIEVABLE!
    Totally hit the Jackpot Magnet Fishing at this Spot. We're on a Treasure Hunting road trip from Sydney to Byron Bay in Australia....
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-07-22 at 10:43 AM.

Magnet Fishing Jackpot! More Guns and A Lot More Found in the Detroit River!

This week's video we're back magnet fishing the Detroit River with @The Michigan Magnet Man and both of us caught some interesting items. We hit the magnet fishing jackpot!

Another GUN and More Crazy Magnet Fishing Finds!!
    In this week's video we're back magnet fishing with @The Michigan Magnet Man . We found another handgun as well as some other crazy items you don't want to miss!

Also a micrometer and two safes.

Huge Magnet Fishing Haul! Found Another GUN and lots more!

My Daughter Caught a GUN Magnet Fishing!
    In this week's video, Avery is out magnet fishing with me again and she was very excited by her finds. Her very first gun and police were called for it.
    And Dad catches another one. Plus a Rolleiflex camera.

You Will Never Believe What We found Cleaning the Rivers for Earth Day
    We worked with Friends of the Rouge and Friends of Ecorse Creek to Clean the waters on Earth Day weekend. We were joined by @Venture DuLow, @Dani Dip @Outdoor Influencer, and many volunteers to clean the Rouge and Detroit Rivers this weekend. @Brockton Magnet Fisher also made an appearance.

Magnet Fishing Haul From the Detroit River
    This week we're out magnet fishing with @The Michigan Magnet Manand we hit some of our favorite parks on the Detroit River. We hauled in a lot of finds.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast