Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

A lot of variety in this one including a 1928 license plate!

Magnet Fishing Jackpot from Detroit !!!!
    {ANOTHER GUN FOUND}
    In today's video I'm back out in Detroit and I hit the magnet fishing jackpot with scooters, antique finds, and ANOTHER gun! We post 2 videos a week now, Sundays and Thursdays at Noon EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    A lot of variety in this one including a 1928 license plate!

Magnet Fishing Jackpot from Detroit !!!!
    {ANOTHER GUN FOUND}
    Just imagine how many guns you'll be able to find in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Just imagine how many guns you'll be able to find in a few years.
    Nah. most of those guns will accidently fall through the floor boards or in a hole somewhere.

Crazy Items Pulled Out of the Detroit River with My Super Magnet!!!

Here's a reddit group that might come in handy. They specialize in identifying mysterious objects.

https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/

I have tried submitting five or six things to that Reddit group and it never allows my inquiries to post. i follow all the rules about description and then i put the comment in that they want me to but they never go up to get help with identification. i really wish i knew what i am doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityMagnetFishers View Post
    I have tried submitting five or six things to that Reddit group and it never allows my inquiries to post....
    Sorry I can't help. It seems a lot of websites are cutting back on public commentary in general. I think it's a reaction against organized disinformation campaigns.

I stumbled into this reference to Santerķa:

Name:  Orisha.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  54.8 KB

Well, I guess it's not in water anymore. LOL!

Very interesting. i have not gotten anything like that yet

This is by far one of our most interesting videos to come out yet. i was so excited about the election buttons.....

GIANT Bullets From WWII Found in the Detroit River with a Super Magnet!!!!

I love the gasp when he realizes what he caught.

2 Handguns Found While Magnet Fishing the Detroit River

In this video I found 2 handguns from the Detroit River and they were suspicious! I made a trip to the police precinct to turn them in.

This might help explain the MacArthur campaign pins.
    https://www.historynet.com/the-man-w...-president.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    This might help explain the MacArthur campaign pins.
    https://www.historynet.com/the-man-w...-president.htm

That was a very good read. the writer did not like MacArthur it seems.

What a Great day we had on the River.
    We hope you all enjoy.

I knew about the catfish but didn’t think there were little magnet fishes in that there Detroit River.

Sometimes it makes you really mad to find out the garbage people throw into our river.....

We had a great day magnet fishing in Detroit with Family and friends. Thank you for watching our videos and happy holidays to all.

It was a busy year. These are just the ones that we have shown on YouTube.

You won't believe the Shotgun we found Magnet Fishing in Detroit!
    We had an interesting day on the Detroit River that resulted in a trip to the police station.
    Nice. I like the knives too.

Nice variety today.

You will believe what I caught magnet fishing in the Detroit River.

I Took My Daughter Magnet Fishing and She Can't Believe What We Found!

It's a bunch of {plastic?} finger rings. Good variety again!

That's got to be cold out there!

We will be holding another cleanup event this year in Ecorse at the John Dingell park. We welcome all magnet fishers as well as anyone interested in learning about magnet fishing. we are currently raising money through https://gofund.me/17c631ce to be able to provide magnet fishing kits to the children that attend the event. last year we raised enough to provide 25 magnet fishing kits to the children that attended the event. We cleaned a lot of junk out of the river that day. Please if you have any questions message me through here or check us out on facebook. we are the Motor City Magnet Fishers.

Hey Jason.

At 2:20 in this video they show an interesting contraption for cleaning a magnet easily. You might even be able to make one yourself from PVC tubing or aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Hey Jason.

At 2:20 in this video they show an interesting contraption for cleaning a magnet easily. You might even be able to make one yourself from PVC tubing or aluminum.
    That is interesting. too bad it will take away from the pull force of the magnet. it did however give me an idea that i may try to build. thank you for that.

That is interesting. too bad it will take away from the pull force of the magnet....
    Yeah, a sheet of aluminum might work for the face but its thickness would have to balance between minimum magnetic attenuation and ruggedness.

I also noticed their design drags material up the sides of the cylinder as the magnet is retracted. You might wrap a sleeve around the cylinder that scrapes that material back down while the magnet is retracted. I can picture a pair of springs, one to the the magnet the other to the sleeve, that might work. Or maybe some kind of scissor jack linkage with one spring.

...It did however give me an idea that i may try to build. thank you for that.
    You're most welcome. It's the least I can do for your efforts.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast