Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

As I mentioned already, I got my first shot 2 days ago [[Maderna), and besides being tired [[I slept 10 hours that night), I had absolutely no side effects.

I used to get sore throats, bronchitis, colds and flu often when I was young, and my doctor had me get my tonsils out at 27. Well that was decades ago, and I have not has a sore throat, bronchitis, nor flu since then [[and haven't had a cold in 20 years). So I wonder if being disposed to no longer get those... if it had anything to do with me not getting any post vaccine symptoms?

I'll see in 4 weeks when I get the 2nd shot.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-28-21 at 05:14 PM.

Just got my second shot [[Moderna) and several hours later I feel fine. The clinic where I received it was pretty quiet, maybe about a dozen people receiving shots. On my way out one of the nurses was asking another if she knew anyone she could call to come in for a shot. Apparently three people had been no shows in that hour and they really didn’t have any other people coming in. Seems somewhat odd.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Just got my second shot [[Moderna) and several hours later I feel fine. The clinic where I received it was pretty quiet, maybe about a dozen people receiving shots. On my way out one of the nurses was asking another if she knew anyone she could call to come in for a shot. Apparently three people had been no shows in that hour and they really didn’t have any other people coming in. Seems somewhat odd.
    I don't know how extensive the problem is but UW-Health in Madison, for instance, had its supply reduced and reallocated to all the new clinics opening up. I've heard a claim that 4,000 UW patients had to be rescheduled. Some people are putting themselves on multiple waiting lists as a result. My guess is that they are not doing a good job of removing themselves from lists after receiving a vaccination. As J&J vaccines become available the mayhem caused by opening too many clinics too soon should resolve itself.

The nurses shouldn't have to be making phone calls. Ideally a volunteer with a list of grocery workers and teachers to call would be working that list.

Got the first Moderna vaccination on Wed. 3/17 with no side effects. Got the second one on Wed. 4/14. Don't remember much about Thursday. Couldn't stay awake long enough to remember anything. Felt normal by Friday afternoon.
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; May-20-21 at 02:13 PM.

I got my 2nd shot {Phizer} a few weeks ago and didn't post about it because it was completely uneventful. In fact my schedule the rest of that day and the two that followed were busy with an unusual amount of physical labor and little sleep. My muscles were a little sore, but probably not more than they they would have been under normal circumstances, due to the labor.

One person I know described feeling like he had the flu for two days after his second shot, everyone else I know experienced nothing unusual beyond a sore arm. Like me, they haven't been posting about it. People tend to talk a lot more about feeling lousy than feeling normal. We notice exceptions, not business as usual.

Anyone reluctant to get the vaccine because you're worried about missing work or any other responsibilities if you feel bad afterwards: this will probably not happen to you.
    Last edited by bust; May-19-21 at 03:42 PM.

I'm two months out of being fully vaccinated receiving the Pfizer vaccine. My arm was sore from the first dose [my shingles vaccine was worse] and nothing with the second.

90 days later. Moderna both jabs. the feeling that something was amiss in my arm, the deltoid, is gone. Feels normal again, as in I notice nothing. The same as my other arm.

Almost 2 months out and doing fine

Waited 5 minutes at Kroger for each dose. Not a single side effect, not even a sore arm. Makes me wonder f I really got anything. The needle for second dose hurt like hell, but no soreness after. It's been six weeks.

I went to the TCF center in mid-April expecting to be given
    Moderna shots but for me they were Pfizer shots. The first
    shot was given on a normal day off. I took the day of the
    second shot off from work just in case. My arm hurt after the
    first shot and that was all. For the second shot, also the
    arm hurt for a couple of days. The "insomnia" I had that
    night was from rolling over on my sore arm and waking
    up from that. There was also a short strange episode that
    lasted only a couple of minutes and it was a couple of hours
    after getting the second shot. There was a little bit of a hot
    flash, a little bit of shock happening at the same time. But
    that was it! If you can take the day of the second shot off
    from work that's probably better, but if you have to work, you
    will probably be all right, just take it as easy as you can
    that day.

I felt it all quite necessary to get out of the way.

Got the Moderna at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. No issues.

The second, however, turned into a nightmare for me. I was fine for the day, but for the next day and for the 7-9 days that followed, I was a wreck. I couldn't get out of bed for two days with extreme pain. I had fevers, chills, pain, sleeplessness, a headache, the works.

Keep in mind, I'm a person with poor physical health issues who reacts poorly to almost every drug and chemical out there [[can't take a simple aspirin on a full stomach without getting nauseous or a simple Ibuprofen without feeling jacked-up irritable)....and it's been like that all my life.

I still feel getting the vaccine was crucial, and I get really bummed by pisspoor attempts online to downplay COVID or foster conspiracy theories about the vaccine [[e.g.-the "Marvin Hagler died from the COVID vaccine" BS)...in fact, 3-6 sad, lonely, burner accounts will appear on Tumblr on a weekly basis to post the most outlandish unsubstantiated sources, videos, lies, etc. etc. using the "plandemic" hashtag as their lure [[a regular block- and-move-on operation for me and few others on my page on Tumblr). I say this because I am saddened to see that a regular that used to post here on DY back in the late 2000's [[an ex-GF and a former friend of Matt Blake-RIP) made a recent "microchip in the needle conspiracy" post on her FB page. Ugh.

Thank you for getting vaccinated, it was your important fight
    in the battle. This morning I drove past Ecorse High School
    and on their front lawn they had a combined war/COVID-19
    Memorial Day weekend display consisting of a field of
    white flags, as shown in their Facebook video.

https://www.facebook.com/Ecorse.Public.School/
    Last edited by Dumpling; May-28-21 at 10:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2