Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I think Trump did it because as far as he was concerned Trump thought nothing K.K. did should have got him 20 years and he knew he’d &?## off a whole lot of a Democrats. What an insult to Detroit. Thank goodness he isn’t our problem any more.

I wish I could say I think we’ve seen and heard it all, but I’ve got to agree about those skeletons. Unfortunately.

Still. Just the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The question should be for African Americans is why didn't former President Obama didn't pardon Kilpatrick
    Obama had no reason to pardon Kwame Kilpatrick.
    Last edited by Former_Detroiter; January-23-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Trump used to be a democrat
    Trump has never been anything. He just detects which way the wind is blowing and walks in that direction. He does or says whatever is needed to enrich himself.

I have no idea what Trump's motivations were, perhaps this was not a decision personally made by him. I doubt a president vets out every single pardon or commutation, but rather this is in action by his administration.

I'm torn. 28 years is a long time for a financial crime, but 7 years seems kind of short for what Kwame did to Detroit. I doubt he'll willingly pay any restitution.

It's done. I hope Mr. Kilpatrick is a different person. It's a new day with adults at the helm of the country. The sun is shining bright on the snow covered yards and streets of my city.
    Last edited by Scottathew; January-21-21 at 10:40 AM.

We can continue the political aspect over on the dark side,but what large corporation does not walk in the direction of the wind?

At that time it what he was,a large company looking out for its best interests like every other one.

I agree it makes zero sense and stand with those that also feel it was one of the worst moves made.

Having said that,because it revolves around somebody that helped destroy and rape a city,the very act of getting a pass begs to question what was going on behind the process.

That is what needs to stop,so it does not happen again.

I have an acquaintance serving 100 years for importing a lousy few hundred tons of weed into the country,something that is now legal in many states,he is still sitting there,but yet ..
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-21 at 11:34 AM.

Hah! Not coming to Trumps rescue or anything [[that's not my kick or obligation) but sadly he's not unique to that penchant.

We've seen it before from many politicians local, and on the national stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    He [Trump] just detects which way the wind is blowing and walks in that direction. He does or says whatever is needed to enrich himself.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-21 at 11:58 AM.

Yep. I am feeling that too. Too long on one end yet much too short on the other. I'd never vote for him on any level to do anything relative to public policy or governance. The blatant, bold-faced greed was just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    ...I'm torn. 28 years is a long time for a financial crime, but 7 years seems kind of short for what Kwame did to Detroit. I doubt he'll willingly pay any restitution.

What a slap. He will never pay a dime back to this city because nobody will ever make him. This made no sense. It has taken years to undo what he did. Nobody with any sense will go near him again but I guarantee someone would vote for him in Detroit. Look what just happened on the national scene.
    It's gonna really be the land of the free....everything now. Sickening.

Trump will be whatever is expedient to Trump. He was a Democrat when it behooved him to be in with the Hollywood/Entertainment crowd. He wanted a TV show and he got what he wanted. When he decided that he wanted to run for office and would never have won running as a Dem, he recreated himself to run as a Republican. He went so over the top that he never thought he would win either way, but he got surprised. So, becoming the farthest of the far right worked for him. He is in a new phase now, so who knows which way he'll go. I doubt either side is feasible so I have no doubt it will be one of two things: he will either attempt to set up his own Party and draw away from the Republicans or he will start his own church, just like Kwame will probably do. There's money in that as well as noteriety and they get to rub shoulders with the wealthy and influential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah! Not coming to Trumps rescue or anything [[that's not my kick or obligation) but sadly he's not unique to that penchant.

We've seen it before from many politicians local, and on the national stage.
    Last edited by jcole; January-21-21 at 01:39 PM.

Yep. More shift-shaping to come [[at the behest of politics and self). I don't see this behavior coming to a screeching halt considering all of the free-will 'moving parts' of the political players and aperagics - top down.

Good times! Seen only more in science-fiction movie digital effects.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-21-21 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Besides, any guesses how much Kilpatrick paid for this? Everyone knows he's far from broke, and pardons and commutations were up for sale. If ever there were someone who believed in paying for political favors, besides Trump and Giuliani [[and Manafort, and ok maybe half of everyone who recently broke their lease in the DC area), it's him.
    Trump commuted Kilpatrick's prison sentence to time served, but noted: "I leave intact and in effect the remaining unpaid balance of the $4,779,826 restitution obligation, the special assessment of $2,400" and his 3-year term of supervised release.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...on/4230601001/

While nobody disputes the back taxes owed, when Kilpatrick was originally sentenced, the judge ordered him to pay $4.5 million in restitution damages to the city's water and sewage department. That was appealed to the federal 6th circuit appellate court which ordered the judge to re-calculate the restitution.
    Once that was done, the total was reduced to $1.5 million in restitution. Basically a $3 million mess up.
    "I can't imagine how the US government is going to attempt to collect this additional amount," he said.

The money the former mayor owes in restitution does not include the $800,000 that he owes to the city of Detroit.
    https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/tru...ame-kilpatrick

^^^
    Hmm, I dunno. Wasn't it Trump who one of the previous times he was sh!t-tons in debt responded to a reporter's question about it [[I paraphrase) "I'm not broke, of course I'm not broke, I'm [sh!t-tons] in debt!"

Kilpatrick has lived in some lavish homes since his conviction.

https://candysdirt.com/2012/06/05/kw...ugh-texas-big/
    ^Never heard of that site before, either, but I checked it, it's legit, and has good photos of his homes.

How much do you think he made at Covisint?
    You don't think there's anyone else who'd pay big bucks for such seasoned and shamelessly unprincipled huckstering skills? Or any other way someone of such formidable "talent" and connections could profitably dupe and steal?
    Last edited by bust; January-22-21 at 02:25 PM.

WOW!

Those of you who have been successfully indoctrinated by the Mainstream Media are missing [[and have always missed) the sheer brilliance of President Trump.

Irresponsible Prediction to follow: KK will join the Donald as VP for 2024. KK is a brilliant politician as well. Two peas in a pod. Hang onto your hats.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; January-22-21 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Add 'two peas'

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    KK will join the Donald as VP for 2024. KK is a brilliant politician as well. Two peas in a pod.
    Your first part [[not quoted) is laughable, but I could totally imagine this part if enough Senate republicans can't find it in them [[their spine) to impeach Trump.
    Last edited by bust; January-22-21 at 02:34 PM.

Your first part [[not quoted) is laughable,
    Glad I could make you laugh.

And I'm sure you'll laugh again that I fully believe he's politically brilliant. Who else could have withstood the 'resistance', disappearing Biden Laptop and 30+ years in the waiting Middle East progress, deplatforming, and a loss driven by stuffing ballots in every mailbox... he did well.
    ...but I could totally imagine this part if enough Senate republicans can't find it in them [[their spine) to impeach Trump.
    Things can change with time. But Trump knows he'll get zero from the traditional media. And the RNC. So a third-way, perhaps third-party with a brilliant Kwame by his side... I'll be laughing for years.

While I'm on my soapbox... I'm OK with KK's sentence being commuted. We are really short on forgiveness right now. There are witch hunts for people who used the n-word when they were 13 years old. And of course now for anyone who every supported anything Trump-related.

Presidential pardons are the balm we need right now. A true healer would pardon Trump, and squash the impeachment. But I don't expect it.

Commuting Kwamster is a good thing, and I'm glad President Trump saw that his imprisonment has been divisive.

You can ignore my 'prediction', but I suspect Kwame will be a political force, and he will redeem himself brilliantly.

Who else could have withstood the 'resistance'
    The so-called "resistance" was spineless. Sinew. Soft cartilage at best. At least they spared us from many of his worst blunders by "slow-walking" the fulfillment of some of his worst directives, or ignoring them knowing he may forget. Michael Wolff, Bob Woodward, and the "anonymous source" of the "resistance" were far from the only ones who described this as a regular occurance. Former Trump defense secretary Jim Mattis said “the president acted like — and had the understanding of — a ‘fifth or sixth grader.’” But he still worked for him.
    disappearing Biden Laptop
    Which almost certainly disappeared because it never existed, at least not the "evidence."

One thing for sure: there are many who spout accusations without any evidence to support them. And there are many who without evidence still believe.
    30+ years in the waiting Middle East progress
    So soo debatable. Unless you're peering through the sight of a rifle down the orchards you chopped for line-of-sight into the village where the owners of the former orchards, and the land beneath your feet, still live, impoverished, thirsty because you cemented their spring.
    deplatforming
    You don't think he's not already on Parler under a pseudonym, and dozens of his surrogates too? They don't already have multiple 8kun accounts? That FOX wasn't his official unofficial mouthpiece, even more [[if it's possible) than Sinclair, and now OANNN, Newsmaxxx, the Epochhh Times [[heh), and every single misinformation site Richard ever posted?
    and a loss driven by stuffing ballots in every mailbox...
    Such a ridiculous accusation, were it not so sad. See "accusations without evidence" above.
    Trump knows he'll get zero from the traditional media.
    They gave him waay too much in the run in [[some say run up) to 2016, and then some-- not taking him seriously, patronizing his every diversion, pandering to his every distraction -- for elusive ad clicks. The mainstream media model is broken because for far more than a century it's been dependent on advertising for its primary source of revenue. So they've promoted charlatans like Trump for entertainment value. Only recently, and far too late, they've begun to realize their mistakes. Some of them.
    Trump knows he'll get zero from... and the RNC.
    Thanks for another laugh. Stuff like that is why I can't take you seriously.

They bowed to him as long as he was bringing the populist energy and fundraising, and profited from his biggest lies even after he lost the election-- until finally his sedition became too much a liability, a few days ago. For a few of them. Prior exceptions can be counted on one hand, most of them only after announcing their retirement or change of party.

Examples of his machievellian enablers and co-grifters: RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel and Michigan Republican chair Laura Cox, soon to be replaced by a traitor who organized buses to the Failed DC Capitol Insurrection [[not sure about the one in Lansing).
    So a third-way, perhaps third-party with a brilliant Kwame by his side... I'll be laughing for years.
    The only logical explanation for your glee is you think there'd be something in it for you. See Peter Thiel, see Christopher Ruddy-- there actually is, for them. Are you anywhere near that rich? Set up to benefit $millions or $billions by his patronage? Do you think they care about you at all, except as their customer?
    I'm OK with KK's sentence being commuted. We are really short on forgiveness right now.
    Uhh, me too, I guess. As long as he wasn't pardoned and still owes restitution. But it makes my stomach twist. Worse even than the feeling he's given me from almost the start.

No one deserves forgiveness who refuses to admit their crimes and recompensate their victims.

There are witch hunts for people who used the n-word when they were 13 years old.
    I've heard about a few of those, and you're exaggerating. But 13 years old? Prove it.

Meanwhile where is your sympathy for all the people who've suffered the racism of those "victims"? Do you recognize the unquantifiable cost it has caused, for so many, and for so long? If I remember correctly, I've only seen you complain about racism when it's directed against white people. [[A point of agreement: that flavor of racism exists too.)
    And of course now for anyone who every supported anything Trump-related.
    Waah wah wah your self-pity. Don't exaggerate. Somehow I'm sure you've suffered no consequences. If I'm wrong, it goes both ways, buddy.
    Presidential pardons are the balm we need right now. A true healer would pardon Trump, and squash the impeachment.
    Hell no it isn't. And hell no he shouldn't. Cancer can't be cured with paw paw balm and kumbaya. A patriot would defend our national honor and Constitution and insist upon the consequences a traitor who abused the highest office in our land deserves. Even if it isn't politically expedient.
    Commuting Kwamster is a good thing, and I'm glad President Trump saw that his imprisonment has been divisive.
    As if Trump has ever sought to heal division. He's been inciting division, relishing and feeding upon it, his whole life.
    You can ignore my 'prediction', but I suspect Kwame will be a political force, and he will redeem himself brilliantly.
    Why would I ignore your prediction? I said I agree, but it won't happen if 17 republican senators find their spine to impeach the quisling. I'll bet that many don't. I hope I'm wrong.

Kilpatrick has charisma in spades. It's such a dangerous combination with his shameless willingness to steal from his own people and community. A natural politician. I agree with the poster who guessed one route he may take would be to open his own ministry. He could be the next Jim Bakker, Creflo Dollar, or Robert Tilton-- speaking in different tongues.
    Last edited by bust; January-23-21 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's a factor I will certainly not deny as I decried the whole 'justification' of the Kilpatrick corruption set heavily as the thing rolled out.

As it stands, former president Barack Obama did not touch the whole issue at the front or at the back end! For whatever judgment that may have brought upon him - good or bad: he left Kilpatrick to himself.
    Truth spoken here. Obama wouldn't feed Kwame with a ten foot spoon.

^^ Damn Wesley, he's got you boxed in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    curious. .. there were some premature announcements earlier in the summer that apparently got delayed.. I guess he'll go to wherever his sons live, for now [[Texas?). I believe his mother lives in Georgia, currently. [[Also, Ms. Beatty is in the Atlanta area; hopefully Mr. Kilpatrick doesn't head down that way to live
    Of course there's the matter of his restitution, which realistically won't get paid back much at all.
    Michigan state law bans him from running for office in Michigan until 2033. Which is not to suggest that he's interested. [[Hopefully not). If he returns to any sort of public life in the immediate future, I'd speculate that it may involve a podcast or some other form of radio/TV talk show. If he goes on some kind of paid lecture circuit, so be it. I won't be going, or donating.
    He's a guy who screwed up badly, mostly intentionally. I don't see him as somebody to hate but he's not any kind of "down for the cause" hero, either. Hotep sycophancy can get just as bad as M_GA, and I want no part of either one.

Maybe he gets a book or movie deal. It worked for "White Boy Rick"

Trump commuted Kilpatrick's prison sentence to time served, but noted: "I leave intact and in effect the remaining unpaid balance of the $4,779,826 restitution obligation, the special assessment of $2,400" and his 3-year term of supervised release.
    https://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/2716/good_news_bad_news_for_kk_he_s_out_of_prison_but_r estitution_order_remains

Well at least Detroit gained a worker in Georgia the other day! Have fun paying us for the rest of your life, bitch.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; January-22-21 at 08:45 PM.

Except that Trump got the monetary amount wrong. It's only about $1.5 million and another $800K
    Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    https://deadlinedetroit.com/articles/2716/good_news_bad_news_for_kk_he_s_out_of_prison_but_r estitution_order_remains

Well at least Detroit gained a worker in Georgia the other day! Have fun paying us for the rest of your life, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Trump has nothing to gain from this, why at the final hour do this?

Really awful. Can Kwame be charged with state crimes now? What about the girl he murdered?
    Trump hated Michigan, from the Governor on. Releasing Kwame is a jab at all Detroiters who suffered throughout Kwames reign. Even jabbing his supporters.
    If I was for Trump before, I would certainly not be now, he's betrayed all of us who
    went through the raping and pillaging of Detroit by Kwame. He was a major part of the bankruptcy and all Detroit workers and retirees lost big time. Thanks Trump, you orange idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Can King Kwame run again as Mayor of Detroit?

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!
    You're right. I would believe that Detroiters would vote for him just by name recognition alone, not knowing the extent of his raping of the CofD.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Trump hated Michigan, from the Governor on. Releasing Kwame is a jab at all Detroiters who suffered throughout Kwames reign. Even jabbing his supporters.
    If I was for Trump before, I would certainly not be now, he's betrayed all of us who
    went through the raping and pillaging of Detroit by Kwame. He was a major part of the bankruptcy and all Detroit workers and retirees lost big time. Thanks Trump, you orange idiot!
    Your representatives disagreed,they speak for the people?

The request was in a letter handed Thursday to Trump by Democratic state Rep. Sherry Gay-Dagnogo at a White House reception.

https://apnews.com/article/c0d89f909...d1708bd0d81be2

If they had not requested it,I would highly doubt Trump would have even given Kilpatrick a second thought.

• It's important to note that in all cases of clemency, pardon or otherwise, the person's conviction is not overturned or removed from the public record. In fact, some people feel that accepting a pardon is tantamount to an admission of guilt. Those seeking to remove a criminal record will need to pursue expungement or having their record sealed.
    • http://www.clearupmyrecord.com/pardo...cord%20sealed.

President Trump commuted the sentence of the former Mayor of Detroit, Kwame Malik Kilpatrick. This commutation is strongly supported by prominent members of the Detroit community," the White House said in a statement.

Maybe the ones that pushed for it had more to do with it ?

Your representatives and prominent members of the Detroit community decided he should be free.

They were acting on Detroit behalf as the representatives of the people and they were blue and not orange?

I agree it should have never happened,but I also think that if one is angry they should bring it up with those who represent in their best interests,and they decided it was in your best interests for him to be walking free.

I still believe it was more in their best interests,but that would be on you guys to seek those answers.

Or maybe your representatives just wanted to take a jab at Detroit and used that as a way to do it?

This commutation is strongly supported by prominent members of the Detroit community, Alveda King, Alice Johnson, Diamond and Silk, Pastor Paula White, Peter Karmanos, Representative Sherry Gay-Dagnogo of the Michigan House of Representatives, Representative Karen Whitsett of the Michigan House of Representatives, and more than 30 faith leaders.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/det...ame-kilpatrick

It was pushed more as ,people of color receiving unfair sentences,so not even close to orange.

Karmanos said, adding he believes Kilpatrick "had done absolutely zero" wrong.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ng/4591375002/

Not for nothing but it was also a democrat that sponsored the bill to allow felons convicted of public misconduct,to be allowed to run for office after 20 years.

Actually at the end of the day,only a teaspoon of orange,involved in that sea of disaster.
    Last edited by Richard; January-25-21 at 11:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast