Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What? Aren't the videos enough for you Oladub? Or Mitt Romney doing the 50 yard dash? Or the officer getting crushed in the door? Or all the smashed windows?

We'll see what the courts say during the prosecution of the arrested members... not to mention the Shaman with the organic diet...

Coming from some of you right wing guys who enjoyed making an 8 year "meal out of a morsel" over Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi...

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    The Federalist, Conservativefighters and teamcandaceowens.com? All conspiracy theory, extreme bias "news" sources. Have to do better than that Richard.
    The Federalist may be funded by the Putin/Murdoch twins. Here's the best information available on it: The Federalist [[website) - Wikipedia

Though it will only make Putin-bot slaves pine for freedom, an intelligent person in the free world who wishes to understand our constitutional republic will be better served by this [[which is available through local libraries):

Title: Books that matter. The Federalist papers [videorecording on DVD]
    Publisher, Date: [United States] : The Great Courses, 2020.
    Description: 2 videodiscs [[360 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.+ 1 book
    Summary: It gives people the chance to delve into one of the most influential guides to the U.S. Constitution. Taught by acclaimed professor and legal scholar Joseph L. Hoffmann of the Indiana University Maurer School of Law, these twelve thought-provoking lectures unpack the 85 brilliant essays by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay that serve essentially as the Bible of American government.

Books that Matter: The Federalist Papers [[thegreatcourses.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    What? Aren't the videos enough for you Oladub? Or Mitt Romney doing the 50 yard dash? Or the officer getting crushed in the door? Or all the smashed windows?

We'll see what the courts say during the prosecution of the arrested members... not to mention the Shaman with the organic diet...

Coming from some of you right wing guys who enjoyed making an 8 year "meal out of a morsel" over Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi...
    It’s kinda like hearing not my President,not my President,not my President,Russia,Russia,Russia,Ukraine,Ukraine,Ukr aine,impeachment,Impeachment,Impeachment,Impeachme nt bla bla bla

We also watch the videos every night of cites burning,businesses destroyed,citizens shot and harassed while eating dinner on and on and on.

Talk about making a meal out of a morsel,you guys took a breadcrumb that never even existed in the first place and turned it into a meal that would feed the world.

And that is all you have in return,but what about Benghazi?

A commander in chief that took an oath to protect American citizens and his right hand woman left knowingly, 4 Americans dead on foreign soil.

Then they tried to cover it up,a future impeachable offense.

That is the difference,they knew it was going to happen and did nothing.

But that is what it is really about,the democrat party feels like they are above the law,they are the law whose job it is to dictate to everybody else,but not held accountable for their own actions.

Notice how they supported the defund the police violence all summer long while leaving the police at the mercy of the crowds,where thousands were injured or killed ,refused to call in the national guard when cities were burning or provide support to the police but they have the gull to stand up there with the officer lying in state at the we capital,pretending to all of the sudden give a shit about the police?

They sure did not have a problem calling out the Calvary when they thought it was their ass on the line,but if it is just a little low life citizen,they can suck it up as their business burns to the ground.

And these are the people you look up to,hell they had no qualms about throwing Bernie under the bus,and you honestly believe they care in any way shape of form about you?

In their eyes,you are just soylent green rolling off of a conveyor belt.
    Last edited by Richard; February-19-21 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

What videos? Glenn Greenwald points out that even though there were cameras almost everywhere, there was no photographic evidence that officer Sicknick was struck on the head with a fire extinguisher. He lays out all the repeated lies that this happened based on unknown sources and missing proof. Greenwald is destroying your narrative. He pointed out that the promised medical reports regarding trauma to Officer Sicknick have, so far, never materialized. Since we do not know, at this point, exactly why Officer Sicknick died, it is possible that the only killing a by the police. I did see the Officer squeezed in the door and broken windows however.

To refresh your memory of what was in Greenwald's article, here it is again: The False and Exaggerated Claims Still Being Spread About the Capitol Riot If the link doesn't work, go to "Glenn Greenwald substack".

It is almost humorous that you mentioned broken windows and what the Shaman eats and equated that with unproven allegations of Officer Sicknick being murdered with a fire extinguisher. I've always been for punishing everyone involved for Capitol riot trespassing, breaking glass and fighting with police to the same extent that antifa rioters were punished.

Then you made up that I have been a right wing guy mentioning "Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi". I haven't. You sound desperate to be making things up. What's that got to do with Greenwald's article except obfuscate it? When Benghazi is brought up, I frame it as Republicans who quietly supported Obama's unconstitutional efforts, acts of war, to unseat Assad. Bengzhazi was a shipment point for American weapons snuck to rebels in Syria. Some Republicans who wanted to blame Obama and Hillary couldn't actually come out and say what was going on in Benghazi because they were a part of it so they instead blamed Obama and Hillary for their failure to even attempt to mobilize a rescue operation.There was a failure but the far larger point was that an unconstitutional war was being waged by Obama and supportive Republicans.
    Last edited by oladub; February-19-21 at 01:21 PM.

Even after it has been proven and newspapers had to update their original “stories” there are still democrat leaders claiming that the officer was killed by the fire extinguisher.

Even after being presented with the facts,they still deny them.

Nothing like mixing politics with knee jerk reactions.

few
    days ago, the New York Timesquietly “updated” its report, published over a month earlier, asserting that Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick had been killed by being struck with a fire extinguisher during the January 6 riot.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...death-sort-of/

The NYT seems to be behind a lot of fake and rumor mill reporting in the last 5 years,I wonder how much violence they have incited in the process?

The New York Times is better than anyone about correcting their stories. If you think there's anyone better, say whom.

If only the critics held right wing media even OUR PRESIDENT, to the same standard.

The report the Capitol Police officer was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher came from two Capitol Police sources. The NYTimes corrected it at the top of the article, and supplemented it with at least one another entire article explaining how upon his autopsy what and who killed him is more difficult to ascertain.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    The New York Times is better than anyone about correcting their stories. If you think there's anyone better, say whom.

If only the critics held right wing media even OUR PRESIDENT, to the same standard.

The report the Capitol Police officer was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher came from two Capitol Police sources. The NYTimes corrected it at the top of the article, and supplemented it with at least one another entire article explaining how upon his autopsy what and who killed him is more difficult to ascertain.
    CNN wrote on 2/2 "In Sicknick's case, it's still not known publicly what caused him to collapse the night of the insurrection. Findings from a medical examiner's review have not yet been released and authorities have not made any announcements about that ongoing process."" "According to one law enforcement official, medical examiners did not find signs that the officer sustained any blunt force trauma, so investigators believe that early reports that he was fatally struck by a fire extinguisher are not true." The article went on to speculate if he died from breathing bear spray.His brother that night, after all, "said that “Sicknick had texted [the family] Wednesday night to say that while he had been pepper-sprayed, he was in good spirits.” That obviously conflicted with the Times’ story that the mob “overpowered Sicknick” and “struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher,” after which, “with a bloody gash in his head, Mr. Sicknick was rushed to the hospital and placed on life support.

The NYT on 2/8 responded with an announcement that "new information has emerged concerning the death of Officer Sicknick." "With the impeachment trial now over, the articles are now rewritten to reflect that the original story was false. But there was nothing done by The New York Times to explain an error of this magnitude, let alone to try to undo the damage it did by misleading the public. They did not expressly retract or even “correct” the story. Worse, there is at least one article of theirs, the January 11 one that purports to describe how the five people died that day, which continues to include the false “fire extinguisher” story with no correction or update."

Oladub, it's too bad you don't subscribe to the Times so you can't read what is actually written.

Here's an internet archive copy of the Times article, as it was written:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210108...itol-dies.html

There was no mention the deceased was "overpowered" nor any about a "bloody gash."

I get that you are quoting Glenn Greenwald, not a direct source.

I'll remind you Greenwald was of course among the few Edward Snowden entrusted to publish highly classified documents he stole from the NSA. Snowden now hides out in exile in Russia, facing espionarge charges from the US. Greenwald also seems to be besties with Assange.

You're steadfastly "America First" when it comes to trade and immigration. Why not our national security?

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Oladub, it's too bad you don't subscribe to the Times so you can't read what is actually written.

Here's an internet archive copy of the Times article, as it was written:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210108...itol-dies.html

There was no mention the deceased was "overpowered" nor any about a "bloody gash."

I get that you are quoting Glenn Greenwald, not a direct source.

I'll remind you Greenwald was of course among the few Edward Snowden entrusted to publish highly classified documents he stole from the NSA. Snowden now hides out in exile in Russia, facing espionarge charges from the US. Greenwald also seems to be besties with Assange.

You're steadfastly "America First" when it comes to trade and immigration. Why not our national security?
    I responded with reference to a 2/08 NY Times article and a link to a 2/2 CNN article and your retort is from 1/8 and according to the Greenwald article "With the impeachment "trial now over, the articles are now rewritten to reflect that the original story was false. There is no longer any mention of fire extinguishers. So are you saying that he didn't die from fire extinguisher injuries? If it wasn't the NY Times that promoted that now questionable story, where did that story come from?

James Clapper lied to Congress. Snowden pointed that out the very next day. I thought that was terrific. Greenwald reported what happened. That's what reporters and the media are supposed to do. Clapper was never punished for lying to Congress. My concept of America First involves honesty and does not tolerate things like Bush lying about WMDs and security officials lying to our elected representatives who make policies based on those lies. Next time I hear the term 'deep state' I'll think about you.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I responded with reference to a 2/08 NY Times article
    No, it was a 01/08 NY Times article. Look at the caption below the screenshot in Greenwald's article. And compare it to the Times article I linked to. Same one.

The funny thing about Greenwald's article is, as you said, he claims the Times article said the deceased was "overpowered" and had a "bloody gash to his head". He even has a composite screenshot of the article he edited together that supposedly shows they wrote that.

But the Internet Archive archived that article 47 times over the course of January 8 [[they use Greenwich Mean Time so we have to look 5 hours into January 9 archives for the full day). I looked at more than a dozen of them, from when the news was first reported to the final version archived for the day. I also checked several versions archived the next day, and more the next days later.

Never did I find one that said Sicknick was overpowered or had a bloody gash to his head.

When the article was first published, and for almost two hours, the Times reported, "officials didn’t immediately elaborate on the nature of his injuries or how he interacted with the crowd."

Beginning sometime after 9:00am [[GMT) the article was updated to say "Mr. Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials." The first archived version to say that was published at 4:22am [[Eastern).

Not "overpowered", no "bloody gash", and in no version I could find later.

It's still possible at some point on January 8th the New York Times published the version Greenwald claims existed. I encourage you to go the Internet Archive and see if you can find it yourself. Here are the 208 versions of this article they've saved.

But if the Times ever did publish such a version of this story, it was corrected within minutes. The Internet Archive proves that.

Too bad Greenwald's screenshot was edited to remove the timestamp the Times always puts above the content of their articles, or this would have been easier to prove.

I'm not sure you know how news is reported in the digital age, but stories are not written once and published once and for eternity, they're constantly updated and grow as new information comes in. It's no longer "Stop the presses!" it's "Make the edit!" One article at a time.

This means that ever more than before top news sources compete to break news first. This leads to mistakes, but they tend to be quickly corrected.

If the Times ever did make the mistakes Greenwald claimed his claim they left them uncorrected until after the impeachment trial was disingenuous. The fire extinguisher mistake was corrected when the autopsy proved it was not his probable cause of death. The "overpowered" characterization and "bloody gash" mistake could not have existed for more than a few minutes-- if they ever existed at all.
    Last edited by bust; February-20-21 at 02:19 PM.

My concept of America First involves honesty
    Thanks for my laugh of the day oladub. I do enjoy irony.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Thanks for my laugh of the day oladub. I do enjoy irony.
    That quote was in this paragraph: James Clapper lied to Congress. Snowden pointed that out the very next day. I thought that was terrific. Greenwald reported what happened. That's what reporters and the media are supposed to do. Clapper was never punished for lying to Congress. My concept of America First involves honesty and does not tolerate things like Bush lying about WMDs and security officials lying to our elected representatives who make policies based on those lies.

So are you saying Clapper didn't lie to Congress? That Bush didn't lie about WMDs? Whatever else Snowden might have done, he provided a great service by outing Clapper and politicians who protected him. Politicians and government officials who lie get us into wars.
    Last edited by oladub; February-21-21 at 08:24 AM.

That quote was in this paragraph: James Clapper lied to Congress. Snowden pointed that out the very next day. I thought that was terrific. Greenwald reported what happened. That's what reporters and the media are supposed to do. Clapper was never punished for lying to Congress. My concept of America First involves honesty and does not tolerate things like Bush lying about WMDs and security officials lying to our elected representatives who make policies based on those lies.

So are you saying Clapper didn't lie to Congress? That Bush didn't lie about WMDs? Whatever else Snowden might have done, he provided a great service by outing Clapper and politicians who protected him. Politicians and government officials who lie get us into wars.
    Lol, God No. They indeed lied. Bush’s search for the answer he wanted to hear resulted in a war. That fact is common knowledge.

Frankly, the way you have pumped Trump literally hundreds of times on these forums [[and still do) acting like he didn’t search out the same bogus answers to run his policy, sometimes even off some stupid crap like some idiot’s dumb Twitter post, is f...ing hysterical. The guy lied so often he couldn’t keep them straight and then contradicted himself. But, and this is a big one! You continuously overlook all those falsehoods he spewed, with zero fear of disastrous repercussions like it can’t possibly happen and then justify his lies with a ‘what about’ something irrelevant.

It is your hypocrisy that is very entertaining.

Is it even possible to measure the bigger mistake?

1. Creating the war in the first place;
    2. Radicalizing so many by humiliating them at Abu Ghraib etc. by forcing them to commit acts they considered sexually atrocious, subjecting them to violently aggressive "music" at eardrum shattering volume, freezing cold temperatures, waterboarding, public nakedness, physical abuse, and so many other tortures.

How did it serve us to provide such evidence for anti-American propaganda?
    Last edited by bust; February-21-21 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Lol, God No. They indeed lied. Bush’s search for the answer he wanted to hear resulted in a war. That fact is common knowledge.

Frankly, the way you have pumped Trump literally hundreds of times on these forums [[and still do) acting like he didn’t search out the same bogus answers to run his policy, sometimes even off some stupid crap like some idiot’s dumb Twitter post, is f...ing hysterical. The guy lied so often he couldn’t keep them straight and then contradicted himself. But, and this is a big one! You continuously overlook all those falsehoods he spewed, with zero fear of disastrous repercussions like it can’t possibly happen and then justify his lies with a ‘what about’ something irrelevant.

It is your hypocrisy that is very entertaining.
    Peace and Properity: That's almost as much as I could hope for from a president. It's a relative thing with me. I would rather have Thomas Massie or Ben Carson be President. That isn't an option so the choice was between a jerk and evil in 2016 and I chose the jerk. He surprised me by bringing unemployment down to near record low level, keeping us out of new wars, and taking on the establishment. That was more than I had hoped for so I voted for him again when he ran against the corporatist puppet and his evil and unpopular sidekick. We have seen right out the gate that Biden is ruling with executive order proclamations and giving everything to the establishment and its foreign interest allies that they ask for. Today, I read that there was the possibility of the Trans Pacific Partnership being revived. Unions fought this thing and here it is with Trump gone being revived again. Today I read that Business Insider is owned by Bezos who also owns the Washington Post. Why it's the Oligarch News! I had been wondering why BI had turned so anti-Trump. Biden let China back into our power infrastructure. He is flooding our labor markets with cheaper foreign labor. Corporations and oligarchs control the media, conduct cancel culture, and oversee massive censorship. Today, I read an article questioning if Biden economic spending policies were leading to a Weimar Republic economic event. Clapper lied to Congress with impunity [[Fascist days are here again?) and you are distracted by trump's tweets like a brainwashed sheeple who can't see the forest for the trees. You were distracted by the tweet sideshow and wound up supporting corporatism in progressive clothing. Trump was far from perfect but again, I try to vote for peace and prosperity.
    Last edited by oladub; February-22-21 at 01:19 AM.

More censorship; this time coming from House Democrats.

Since when is it the role of the U.S. Government to arbitrate and enforce precepts of “journalistic integrity”? Unless you believe in the right of the government to regulate and control what the press says — a power which the First Amendment explicitly prohibits — how can anyone be comfortable with members of Congress arrogating unto themselves the power to dictate what media outlets are permitted to report and control how they discuss and analyze the news of the day?

House Democrats, Targeting Right-Wing Cable Outlets, Are Assaulting Core Press Freedoms

"autocratic tyrants at the state and now the national level are creating this kind of merger of corporate power and government power, which is really characteristic of totalism fascism in the '20s,""They are using that to engage in emergency orders that simply strip us of our rights; rights to property, rights to assembly, rights to worship, all the rights the Constitution guarantees."
    -Naomi Wolf 2/22/21

The censoring IS ugly as its door was so hastily kicked open at the behest of all things Trump, his army [[as it goes), and associative conservatives or those judged as not appropriately WOKE [[as so determined daily).

As I said elsewhere there's a tendency to LIKE censoring the first time, but thereafter applied broader to what you do want or like/ value... well then it's an issue... as the guillotine continues it trajectory swing, cutting deeper.

Beyond the 'Get Em!' short-term satisfaction, there ought more concern that officials of the state, ruling corporate elites and silicon valley overlords have been bestowed so much power! Historically this has never ended well. So much is slipping thru with this admin beyond the repudiation-of-all-things regarding the previous.

Biden clearly has so many people, corporate and social interests and elites to repay for their help [[and funding) in endorsing his presidency. He is nearly giving away the store at fire sale rates [[per some of the ridiculous/ unprecedented number of Executive Orders for example).

As time proceeds, and Trump recedes [[the dissidences finally silenced I suppose), Americans [[uh wait that's too patriotic - I meant 'residents' of the US) will sober up to notice the impact upon their lives well beyond online debating - Biden's actions/ policies will stand on their own.

The unions for example, are already experiencing their own particular brand of buyers-remorse. I doubt that will be exclusive to them.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-21 at 11:37 AM.

The mob was lied too by Donald Trump, the most hated man and most wanted terrorist in the United States.

^ It is NOT an either OR issue [[that's plastic checkers level of politics - smile).

What's really sad Danny is that we're going have long lasting consequences with this admin TOO! In some ways it will worse as too many are effectively 'trained' that anything the left does cannot possibly be as bad as the far right. Wrong. Extremes are never a good idea.

Anyway IMO, the look-back [[what Trump and his mob did) will become more neck-strained as what's before gets harder to ignore per Biden's tendencies to over-reach to compensate ala the new mob.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-21 at 09:25 AM.

Weimer Republic? Stop that reading! Why you keep bringing up old stuff[[sarc)? Hyper-inflation, worthless currency, class and gender wars etc. We're most certain all will be well regardless of this ancient reporting and all those black and white filmed consequences!

We're far smarter than that now. My iPhone said so as does Twitter.

He is flooding our labor markets with cheaper foreign labor. Corporations and oligarchs control the media, conduct cancel culture, and oversee massive censorship. Today, I read an article questioning if Biden economic spending policies were leading to a Weimar Republic economic event.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-24-21 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Weimer Republic? Stop that reading! Why you keep bringing up old stuff[[sarc)? Hyper-inflation, worthless currency, class and gender wars etc. We're most certain all will be well regardless of this ancient reporting and all those black and white filmed consequences!

We're far smarter than that now. My iPhone said so as does Twitter.
    It was thought by some that ghost dancing would bring peace, prosperity and unity to those who practiced it. There was never any evidence that the prosperity part worked but practitioners of ghost dancing exhausted themselves dancing. I've never tried dancing for five straight days with fervor so maybe I'm missing something.

I must also be missing something when I see our federal government spending far more money than it takes in. Practitioners of excessive spending, like the ghost dancers, believe that such spending will be an economic elixir. I'm more an agnostic or atheist with regards to either believing in ghost dancing or the tonic effects of massive deficit spending.

Enter economic spirit guide Stephanie Kelton who whispers her economic beliefs into contemporary economic ghost dancers ears including those of Bernie and Pocahontas. "Kelton is the foremost evangelist of a fringe economic movement called Modern Monetary Theory, which, in part, argues that the government should pay for programs requiring big spending, such as the Green New Deal, by simply printing more money."" The basic principle of M.M.T. is seductively simple: governments don’t have to budget like households, worrying about debt, because, unlike households, they can simply print their own money.""Among a certain crowd—mostly online, and mostly on the left—M.M.T. has ignited a revolutionary fervor. On M.M.T. blogs and on M.M.T. Twitter, adherents imagine a world built on M.M.T. principles, in which the government provides guaranteed jobs, health care, and affordable college, and launches clean infrastructure projects to replace our crumbling highways, airports, and bridges.""Onstage, Kelton lamented, “There’s so much pressure on candidates to pay for everything. I don’t see anyone—I mean, I’ll just be honest, I don’t really see any Presidential candidates putting forward ambitious agendas and saying, ‘We’re not going to try to pay for any of this.’ ”"

It must be my difficulty with believing that I can neither believe in Ghost Dancing nor professor Kelton's M.M.T. but if I had to choose, Ghost Dancing seems more logical and Elizabeth Warren never seems happy. It has never been explained why excessive borrowing that consistently ruins individuals and families does not work the same with the federal government. It is like gravity doesn't exist in Washington, DC. I realize that Argentina, Uganda, and Venezuela all tried the same spending thing as the Weimar Republic and achieved the same results but mentioning the Weimar Republic is safer as it is more distanced. I never want to ruffle feathers.
    Last edited by oladub; February-25-21 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The mob was lied too by Donald Trump, the most hated man and most wanted terrorist in the United States.
    That would be biden.

Sen. Jeff Merkley details his experience during the January 6th Capitol riot

During an interview with The Oregonian/OregonLive Editorial Board, U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley of Oregon describes what it was like to be at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. during the January 6th riots. Merkley was on the Senate floor when a mob sieged the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the results of the presidential election when Donald Trump lost to Joe Biden.

The Seditionist Roundup Continues As More Idiots Are Charged For Roles In Capitol Riot

It's time for another edition of everyone's favorite criminal justice segment, A Late Show's Seditionist Round-up Roundup. This week, Stephen looks at the cases of MAGA realtor Jenna Ryan, "moron" ex-boyfriend Richard Michetti, and former bartender Eric Munchel, each of whom now face jail time for their alleged participation in the deadly January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

The Seditionist Roundup Continues As More Idiots Are Charged For Roles In Capitol Riot

Late night comedy is just that. A comedy shift show.

https://youtu.be/VqWfrx0z2to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast