Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Altering a check could make it worthless.
    Well, that's up to my bank. Couldn't be more worthless though than our Traitor-in-Chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Not that many people will get the stimulus checks. Not even homeless folks. SORRY! And the Kentucky Bourbon drinking Senate Majority Leader want to save rich folks money in their fat juicy wallets. There will NO be $2,000 stimulus money that Trumpy Dumpty requested. A $600.00 Happy Meal stimulus money will do.
    Rich people won't be paying for the stimulus money. Our children will. Or at least they will be stuck paying the interest. As China soars ahead, our children will be tethered to this ball and chain of new debt.

There are three ways of paying for debt. Tax more, cut government spending, or print money making each dollar worth less. Both parties are afraid to tax more or cut spending. That leaves option number three. Welcome to $10/loaf bread. Welcome to national decline. Every $1T added to the national debt creates over $12,000 of federal debt and its interest for the average American family of four. The historical average of Treasury yield rates, what the government must pay to service its debt is 4.39%. Should the Treasury yield rate return to its average, that average family of four will be paying $53 of interest on each $1T of federal debt every year. The U.S. already has $27.5T of national debt. [[$53x27.5=$1,457.50). That average family could have probably bought something nice with that instead of the interest on Bush, Obama, and Trump's debt every year.
    Last edited by oladub; January-08-21 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Well, that's up to my bank. Couldn't be more worthless though than our Traitor-in-Chief.
    You are harsh,he is still president elect,you can at least wait until he takes office before calling him a traitor,but then again it is a baseless word being thrown Willy nilly about because it sounds good,no need to have any kind of actually proof,one just needs to convince themselves in their own mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You are harsh,he is still president elect,you can at least wait until he takes office before calling him a traitor,but then again it is a baseless word being thrown Willy nilly about because it sounds good,no need to have any kind of actually proof,one just needs to convince themselves in their own mind.
    Instigating and supporting a coup d'etat attempt that included [[once his legislative coup attempt was clearly going to fail) a violent mob invasion of the US Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from performing it's constitutional duty to count the electoral votes, trying to overthrow the results of a democratic election, and threatening to harm or kill public officials engaged in their official duties, is about as clean cut a case as I can think of.

But, yeah, thanks for the check you traitor.

Instigating and supporting a coup d'etat attempt that included [[once his legislative coup attempt was clearly going to fail) a violent mob invasion of the US Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from performing it's constitutional duty to count the electoral votes, trying to overthrow the results of a democratic election, and threatening to harm or kill public officials engaged in their official duties, is about as clean cut a case as I can think of.

But, yeah, thanks for the check you traitor.
    about as much as a traitor as you who have spent the last 4 years trying to overthrow the results of a democratic election based on far less.

you had no problem with constitutional violations when they worked in your favor.

So what do you label somebody that feels they are exempt from the things they claim to oppose?

Not to even mention your party that called for the attack on trump supporters when ever they are seen in public,and the one that followed up on it by shooting a United States representative at an American apple pie baseball game with little babies and children that could have been killed in the crossfire.

opps you forgot about that Hugh.

You did not have to except the check from somebody you refer to as a traitor,but let me guess,it was free money and you sold out for a measly $600 lol

I should have excepted mine,I could have spent it in gas for a day out on the water in my boat.

Papa smurf is in now,soon it will be raining free money,he has to keep that promise to those in Georgia who he said if they wanted that free $2000 they knew who to vote for.

Even in banana republics that would be referred to as buying votes,but only in America is a certain party exempt from the laws and standards they want to impose on everybody else.

Hey I wonder if buying votes is an impeachable offense,who knows some have tried it with zero proof,I guess I will have to look at the regulations on that one,or take a cue from the democrats and just do it because it sounds good.
    Last edited by Richard; January-11-21 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    about as much as a traitor as you who have spent the last 4 years trying to overthrow the results of a democratic election based on far less.

you had no problem with constitutional violations when they worked in your favor.

So what do you label somebody that feels they are exempt from the things they claim to oppose?
    You really have no clue at all what's going on or what has just happened to your cause, do you?

You really have no clue at all what's going on or what has just happened to your cause, do you?
    I do. Corporatists and their foreign allies have finally returned to power at the expense of the American lower middle and working classes and freedom of expression to mention a couple of victims.

I already posted,I got mine,I do not need a cause,I just happen to believe everybody should have the opportunity to get theirs,it’s what makes us as a country stronger.

Then there are those who fight tooth and nail to make sure that does not happen as their cause,they like to keep people in their place.

Trump complaining loudly about the stimulus package is one of the few times he got it right. Everyone in Congress should be ashamed.

Here's a good article on the subject:
    https://taibbi.substack.com/p/amazin...democrats-make

TLDR - The Democrats started out with a $3 trillion package that included direct $1,200 checks. Republicans started out with a smaller $1 trillion package that also included $1,200 direct checks. Both sides dithered and larded up their respective bills with more pork and special interest payouts [[including deals for defense contractors and aid for foreign countries) ultimately reducing the direct payouts to $600.

^^ You do realize that one of the first things that Biden wants to do as President is pass another stimulus package with $2000 per eligible adult [[not sure about the children rate). That is on top of the $600 we already got [[and not just $1400 additional).

Let's hope that bill doesn't get too much additional baggage to slow it down, although vaccine related funds to speed things up are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^^ You do realize that one of the first things that Biden wants to do as President is pass another stimulus package with $2000 per eligible adult [[not sure about the children rate).
    Trump wanted $2000 as well. Congress [[Republicans AND Democrats) basically told him he wasn't going to get it. You can understand why Republicans would be against it, as they are against government spending. But Democrats? Why would Democrats, as Taibbi pointed out, negotiate the outlays *down* from their summer stimulus proposal? It was less than the Republican's initial proposal!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^^ You do realize that one of the first things that Biden wants to do as President is pass another stimulus package with $2000 per eligible adult [[not sure about the children rate). That is on top of the $600 we already got [[and not just $1400 additional).

Let's hope that bill doesn't get too much additional baggage to slow it down, although vaccine related funds to speed things up are needed.
    Good luck with that,one of the sticking points was Dems trying to stick reimbursements in their for the cities that burned during the riots.

It’s supposed to be a Covid relief bill,everything else not related should be addressed separately.

But it shows the mentality,they can muster up enough energy trying to impeach somebody in under 10 days,but when it came to actually helping Americans out,it took over 6 months.

Nice representation when we always end up as an afterthought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2