Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jimmy R. Hoffa

It really almost fits too perfectly.

Right time frame if the shoes fit. Mobbed up town back then. Nobody would have expected water levels to drop so much in such a relatively short period of time.

One of the articles mentioned they expect to find more as levels drop more. As if they expect it to be a graveyard of sorts. Maybe a mob graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    ... Maybe a mob graveyard.
    Little-known fact told to me by a grave-digger from the Big Apple:

The soil of which New Jersey is comprised came almost entirely from mob graves across the Hudson in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Little-known fact told to me by a grave-digger from the Big Apple:

The soil of which New Jersey is comprised came almost entirely from mob graves across the Hudson in NYC.
    That would seem to be be a bit "overkill"... pun intended... but I could see that perhaps the soil removed from building NYC skyscraper foundations could have ended up in New Jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    That would seem to be be a bit "overkill"... pun intended... but I could see that perhaps the soil removed from building NYC skyscraper foundations could have ended up in New Jersey...
    Yeah, I think the grave-digger was bragging.

More remains found at Lake Mead
    A second set of human remains were found at Callville Bay in Lake Mead National Recreation Area Saturday.
    I guess now the question is how many more?

I've always taken it as a slight to the Detroit area that 'our mafia/mob' wasn't good enough to handle Jimmy's abduction and murder on their own. Why take the risk of moving a body dead or alive across the country? Why would you risk burying remains anywhere that could later be found? It's like people from New York, New Jersey, and Vegas can't handle the fact that our mob did the deed, burned the man to ashes, and all that was left was dust in the wind. It's comparable to the legend of Al Capone. The guy got all the attention that should have belonged to The Purple Gang. He wouldn't have been shite without our smuggled whiskey. Elvis knew the truth.

This is the barrel with the remains. I was watching CSI New York a few days ago and they mentioned Jimmy Hoffa in reference to a missing body in the story line. He's a part of American culture and everyone, including me, likes a good murder mystery.

Name:  Jimmy.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  125.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    This is the barrel with the remains. I was watching CSI New York a few days ago and they mentioned Jimmy Hoffa in reference to a missing body in the story line. He's a part of American culture and everyone, including me, likes a good murder mystery.

Name:  Jimmy.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  125.5 KB

And the news media likes their ratings soaring.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Agreed. Same with the assassinations of JFK, MLK, and RFK. Everyone wants to know who was really behind them.

Ho hum. Another Jimmy Hoffa dry hole...

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 11.50.09 PM.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  159.0 KB

"It appeared to be a promising lead into the location of the remains of Jimmy Hoffa, the boss of the Teamsters union who disappeared 47 years ago: the deathbed account of a man who claimed to have buried the body in a barrel with an excavator in Jersey City, N.J.

"But on Thursday, the F.B.I. announced that a nine-month investigation that included two visits to the site had discovered nothing."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/21/n...-city-fbi.html

I wonder why they are so convinced that he is actually buried anywhere in the first place?

Every mook that had a story to sell about where Hoffa's buried has been wrong. Who knew that gangsters could be that untruthful?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I wonder why they are so convinced that he is actually buried anywhere in the first place?
    My bet is on a wood chipper...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    My bet is on a wood chipper...
    Somebody that high profile that you wanted to disappear without a trace,burial would not be an option,even back then was a history of lakes drying up,land being sold and burials discovered,let alone risk transporting somebody all the way to New Jersey,I would agree,wood chipper or barrel in the Detroit river,quick and easy.

They also could have given him another option,protect your family,here is the cash,disappear into Argentina or something like that with some facial changes.

He had to have threatened somebody with a spilling of the beans in order for them to take that drastic of a step with somebody so high profile.

Otherwise they would have just found a pasty to take the fall or just shot him in a dark ally,and called it a mugging.
    Last edited by Richard; July-22-22 at 05:04 PM.

Looks like the mafia is leading the FBI in a wild goose chase of finding the body of Jimmy Hoffa. They will not snitch of what they did to his body. The mafia is responsible of this cover up. Organized crime is what they do. It will 1,000 years, but the no one is going to snitch about the body of Jimmy Hoffa.

Need to get that driveway repaved? Convince the Feds Hoffa is under it.

Jimmy Hoffa probably lived out the renting of his life on some remote island or in Europe

^ not seeing the reason to off him,there was a different code back then,lots of high up mobsters were given the choice to disappear back then and headed back to Italy and lived out their lives in obscurity for a lot worse.

Still think the odds of him being buried with the remote possibility of being found are slim to none,no disrespect intended to the family going through this roller coaster.

If it was in the 80s - 90s then it would be more palatable because at that time people just flat out dropped any sense of code,and the old ways were swept under the rug.

He was more of a threat to the Kennedys then he was to the mob.

He went to a meeting with some mob guys in front of a bunch of potential witnesses and just disappeared ?

Maybe that was the intent to create the illusion.
    Last edited by Richard; July-24-22 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Need to get that driveway repaved? Convince the Feds Hoffa is under it.
    Or, if you're Dan Moldea, and wish to peddle new book?
    Deadline Detroit | Dan Moldea: I Still Believe That Jimmy Hoffa Was, Or Is Buried in New Jersey

Meh I still do not buy driving 600 plus miles with a high profile body in a truck or leave witnesses behind,if the truck driver would have gotten nailed for something else,he would have been singing like a bird because he would have been able to write his own ticket.

You are going to off Hoffa but leave the guy that transported him 600 miles to walk,at that point they would have no other choice but to get rid of him,along with anybody else that knew anything about it.

They were taking out one of the most powerful people in the country,more powerful then the president at one time,the only person left standing would have been the one that gave the order,the boss,everybody else in-between would have ment nothing comparatively.
    Last edited by Richard; July-29-22 at 10:32 AM.

My guess is there was a local crematorium that was either in the pocket of the Giacaloni's or needed protection and that's where Jimmy ended up. Vito and Tony took care of things

I was hoping someone would propose another twist, like, Jimmy ended up in a lot of folks’ pepperoni pizza back in the day. Well, I suppose I had to chip in.

Default Jimmy Hoffa Is Missing-The Gap

The Dec 24 Christmas Eve the waiters Union hosted a celebration at Carl's Chop House. However-A week later his frends/family hosted another one at The Raleigh House on New Years Eve-where he eventually met his fate.

Here's more: Facebook: JHIMTG and YouTube: JHIM-TG [See Blog#11 for the first hand account and eyewitness video].

Look for this story to be featured this summer.
    Last edited by dwtubman; April-06-23 at 08:31 PM.

Name:  hudsons [[3).jpg
Views: 284
Size:  113.8 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3