Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Isn't it Wretched?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Then you'd love 'ratchet' instead of retched. As is stated by some!

"I seen..."

Yeah Wretched. As sometimes occurs, my typing fails me......

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Isn't it Wretched?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Anyone who asks where something is “at”.
    Like Cleavon Little's line in Blazing Saddles;​ "Hey, where the white women at?"

LOL! That was was a funny film at points.

One of my language pets is 'What had happened was...'

It was a hah-hah when used in comedy -- now it's heard far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    People peeving.
    LOL!
    I agree,
    Sometimes guilty.

People who litter.
    People who carelessly spill gasoline into clean glacial lakes when filling their boat engine.
    Big time polluters, who do far worse.
    People who say one thing and do another.
    Cheaters.

My peeves are always people, who know better, whose survival is not in question.
    I respect poisonous spiders, viruses, venomous snakes, even hyena.
    In human form, hell no!

"Sometimes".
    Last edited by bust; January-10-21 at 03:21 PM.

Stickers on fruit, particularly the ones with no lift tabs.

The physics of most packaged food bags that are impossible to open without biting or using scissors, but easily and inconveniently rip apart from end to end with no effort, and then can't be closed up without having to use a clip of some sort. [Exception big Goldfish bags which come with tape strips].

I hear your complaint, and you're right.
    But until you live [[most places) abroad
    It's hard to believe...
    Our suitcases arrive empty and return stuffed:
    Ziploc bags, deodorant, bandages, books, tupperware...
    Last edited by bust; January-10-21 at 04:30 PM.

People in the grocery checkout who bring their own reusable bag and look at you for asking for the store's plastic. Meanwhile they're buying a box of Glad kitchen catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The physics of most packaged food bags that are impossible to open without biting or using scissors....
    There might be a reason for that.

Years ago I recall the food industry was lobbying for a new packaging technology that would extend shelf life. The idea was to seal food, along with any trace amount of bacteria, so tightly that no more bacteria could possibly get in or out. They would then radiate the package, killing any bacteria inside the packaging. A package completely free of bacteria should have a much longer shelf life.

It was controversial and I never heard specifically whether their lobbied wish was granted but a few years later I started seeing more plastic food packaging that couldn't be opened without some sharp tool. With a longer shelf life it also allowed more food to be imported from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Years ago I recall the food industry was lobbying for a new packaging technology that would extend shelf life. The idea was to seal food, along with any trace amount of bacteria, so tightly that no more bacteria could possibly get in or out. They would then radiate the package, killing any bacteria inside the packaging. A package completely free of bacteria should have a much longer shelf life.

It was controversial and I never heard specifically whether their lobbied wish was granted but a few years later I started seeing more plastic food packaging that couldn't be opened without some sharp tool. With a longer shelf life it also allowed more food to be imported from overseas.
    Very interesting.
    When you say overseas I assume you mean China and countries with very questionable health records like Vietnam.
    Foods imported from there should be labeled.
    I wouldn't buy it.
    But a few years ago the majorities in our House and Senate passed a law that prohibited even labeling the source country of our foods.
    I'm infuriated.
    I'd much rather support American farmers.
    And I'd much rather know whether the food I buy is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

In store theft deterrent,they put the little door screamer sealed inside of the package.

Not that it matters any more because you can literally walk out of a store with a shopping basket full of goods and nobody will chase you.

Where I am at all produce is still labeled country of origin.
    Last edited by Richard; January-11-21 at 01:33 AM.

Yes. Not happy with this. While I'm often seeking a bargain, I already avoid the lower cost seafood products coming from Vietnam and for sure avoid foods grown and produced in China when I can. Even garlic bulbs often are marked as from China. Why should garlic be imported from China?

If not marked then you don't even know. I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I'm infuriated.
    I'd much rather support American farmers.
    And I'd much rather know whether the food I buy is safe.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-11-21 at 07:35 AM.

I looked more into the issue of labeling food from China, and it's more nuanced than at first I said.
    Only chicken and [[I think) pork can be slaughtered in the US, sent to China for processing, and returned to the US for us to eat without any indication it was processed in China. Chicken and pork raised and slaughtered in China cannot be exported to the US, at least not yet. And "country of origin" labels still apply. But that only applies to foods that were grown and harvested, not processed, overseas.

USDA: Chicken Processed in China Can be Sold in the US Without Labels to Say So
    https://www.wired.com/2013/09/china-chicken-usda/

Is That Chicken Nugget Made in China? You'll Never Know
    https://blog.aarp.org/healthy-living...ull-never-know

^ Great info and details. It's best to read rather than just go for low prices!

Political postings on Facebook, be they left or right. I only go there to chat with old friends over good times; politics I can do without.

I always wondered how they process canned Mandarin oranges in China, [[The only country to buy it from). I found a Dutch YouTube video that showed a labor intensive factory of hundreds of workers hand peeling, skinning, and separating the segments before the first machine.

It's too bad I love the product so much.

[[Edit) - I haven't joined any Social site in my life except here and Reddit!
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-11-21 at 04:08 PM.

Yeah it's a land-mine in certain areas. The postings and personal stuff minute-to-minute, including others personal business is incredible! Can be a toxic, and time-consuming part of your life - if too invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Political postings on Facebook, be they left or right. I only go there to chat with old friends over good times; politics I can do without.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-11-21 at 04:07 PM.

I know! There are few things from China that are too good to say no too. For now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    It's too bad I love the product so much.

I'm still waiting on my second delivery on a Papa John's delivery they forgot about even though it was tracked as delivered hours ago. It's my B-day and I cant pick up because of medical reasons. Papa John's was on my shit list because of political reasons before, now they just fucked up. So after my complaint, they are busy sitting on my pizza and filming it for YouTube.

Just arrived - 2 1/2 hour delivery. [[Rochester Hills)

I haven't had a pizza delivered in 6 years. It's next to impossible now, with Covid, increased prices, no coupons, and personnel data profiling
    the top of their list. Welcome East-German Stazi + Pizza.
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-01-21 at 04:22 PM.

Happy birthday Bigb.

And while I'm on a rant - While shopping online for a pizza, Large = Medium [[1990's), fewer amount of toppings on you're order, $2.50 per topping, and improbable service.

For now on, I'll watch those places die, because they forgot about the consumer. For now on, frozen pizza with my own toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Happy birthday Bigb.
    Thanks' old guy. So-so pizza, American Whiskey, and a Bavarian Cream Packzi with a toilet paper/rubbing alcohol candle on top. And I had Samuel L. Jackson sing Happy Birthday MotherF**ker to me on my Alexa.

Boy it sucks to be an advanced aged man. [[Correct, old guy?)
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-01-21 at 06:05 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast