I finally hit a full month since my second shot so IÂ’m feeling a bit confident. I went back to doing carpentry work last week with the understanding that I could work alone for a while. IÂ’ve been reasonably lucky throughout the past year and havenÂ’t gone crazy or ended up on the streets. Beginning to look back I have to say it was one of the most peculiar times IÂ’ve ever lived through. The atomic bomb age was a scary time to live through, especially at a young age. The polio epidemic. The big hair and parachute pants of the 80Â’s. The war in Vietnam was a tough time to come of age in.
A lot of scary stuff to work our way through over the years but this was just downright peculiar. IÂ’m taking some lessons from it, but IÂ’d really like to distance myself from it as fast as possible. I realize thereÂ’s a ways to go before weÂ’re out of the woods.
One positive note that IÂ’ve seen is that wages where I live, have increased substantially. Some businesses near me are either staying closed or closing because they canÂ’t find employees. That in itself seems strange to me.
Point is, all the strange, scary and bizarre times tend to produce good times, at least for a while.
And all of a sudden the text here has gone voodoo or something on me, but that’s OK.Attachment 41429