Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    OMG, Cals Pizza, that was incredible pizza, attached with some great times !!
    Cal's also had the best antipasto salad I've ever had anywhere.

Buddy's Pizza created it. And it's Detroit's national dish.

Personal opinion: there's no such thing as one Detroit pizza, any more than there's one NY accent -- just some that were more popularized / recognized than others. Detroit became home to all kinds of Italians, Sicilians, even Albanians, etc. who each brought their different variations.

Realize I'm stepping on a potential tripwire here, so I concede the iron tray was a distinct Detroit contribution. Just not a universal, nor the only one.

Cal's did make great pizza. So did Club 500.
    Last edited by bust; April-30-21 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I don't think the pizza they serve now tastes anywhere near as good as it used to. Maybe its the location I go to, but it is consistently mediocre. I haven't been to the one on Davision / 6 mile lately. I'm think Jet's is better tasting pizza these days.
    Given a choice between the Jets on Mack across from Parcells and the Indian/Pakistani place next to it I'll choose the latter any day. Half Italian-American; just sayin'.
    Last edited by bust; April-30-21 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    All Detroit style pizzas are square but not all square pizzas are Detroit style.
    Correct.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3