Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Richard, That wasn't entertainment. It was a evil, hellacious thing what he tried to do, and you co-signed it along with 120 republican members, and 17 republican attorney generals who all were trying to undermine democracy, and surpressing voters. Their names need to be revealed and they should all lose their jobs over this blatant farce. And he also thought by appointing those three conservative judges, they were going to help tip the scales his way in the decision. It didn't even get past the docket. All three voted to throw this nonsense out. His first trip when he gets booted out of office, should be straight to see the psychiatrist..
    How exactly was it evil?

You guys went into trying to unseat a sitting President based on #1 conspiracy theory of he colluded with the Russians in order to win 2016.

#2 Trying to overturn and unseat a presidential win based on the Russians intervened in the election.

#3 Trying to impeach a sitting President based on a phone call that a 3rd party supposedly overheard.

#4 you guys spent 4 years trying to remove a sitting President and millions because you did not agree with the results of the 2016 election.

Thousands of posts in this forum alone arguing zero evidence and fake bombshell witnesses.

Then to top it off when things upset you cities burned,businesses destroyed and everything that you did not agree with you tried to cancel out.

You know something you,guys did what you did with 2016 because you had that right under the US constitution.

So now when others practice their exact same rights,on que you come up with all kinds of names and try and degrade others that you do not agree with.

Who exactly do some of you think you are that you deserve the right to protest while others do not.

Democracy is when everybody is equally allowed to question no matter what their political leaning is.

Zero is happening now that has not happened already in history in this country or has happened in the world before,the difference is back in time people went into war for political power struggles.

The constitution was created to find and define solutions so everybody has that right and is protected under it.

But when the left has a history of mass murder at the polls to prevent others from voting so it is no surprise.

Some of you appear to only be listening to what you want to hear because you are not even listening to your own party that is saying there were massive issues because they were unprepared for the influx in mail in voting.

Like I already posted,voters of the past went to the polls knowing full well they were risking their life and they still did it because they had that right to,many did lose their life in the process.

It ment that much to them,they did not have the luxury of sitting at home to cast their ballots.

Seeing all of this make it crystal clear why you guys wanted to prevent those who you did not agree with from voting,you just feel entitled to control everybody else.

But we are also talking about a country where in 2016 a majority did not have a clue about the process and had never even heard of the electoral vote and were not even interested enough in the system to learn.

It is also clear that some know zero about the constitution of the United States and what it represents and their duty to it,even more so politicians that would never risk their skin to protect it or uphold it and govern based on fear of retribution,but they have zero problems sending others into battle to enforce it.

It is pretty clear where the majority that were tasked with providing a unquestionable voting system dropped the ball,if they had not there would have been no room to question.

But right on que it is everybody else’s fault and everybody that disagrees with me is a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How exactly was it evil?

You guys went into trying to unseat a sitting President based on #1 conspiracy theory of he colluded with the Russians in order to win 2016.

#2 Trying to overturn and unseat a presidential win based on the Russians intervened in the election.

#3 Trying to impeach a sitting President based on a phone call that a 3rd party supposedly overheard.

#4 you guys spent 4 years trying to remove a sitting President and millions because you did not agree with the results of the 2016 election.

Thousands of posts in this forum alone arguing zero evidence and fake bombshell witnesses.

Then to top it off when things upset you cities burned,businesses destroyed and everything that you did not agree with you tried to cancel out.

You know something you,guys did what you did with 2016 because you had that right under the US constitution.

So now when others practice their exact same rights,on que you come up with all kinds of names and try and degrade others that you do not agree with.

Who exactly do some of you think you are that you deserve the right to protest while others do not.

Democracy is when everybody is equally allowed to question no matter what their political leaning is.

Zero is happening now that has not happened already in history in this country or has happened in the world before,the difference is back in time people went into war for political power struggles.

The constitution was created to find and define solutions so everybody has that right and is protected under it.

But when the left has a history of mass murder at the polls to prevent others from voting so it is no surprise.

Some of you appear to only be listening to what you want to hear because you are not even listening to your own party that is saying there were massive issues because they were unprepared for the influx in mail in voting.

Like I already posted,voters of the past went to the polls knowing full well they were risking their life and they still did it because they had that right to,many did lose their life in the process.

It ment that much to them,they did not have the luxury of sitting at home to cast their ballots.

Seeing all of this make it crystal clear why you guys wanted to prevent those who you did not agree with from voting,you just feel entitled to control everybody else.

But we are also talking about a country where in 2016 a majority did not have a clue about the process and had never even heard of the electoral vote and were not even interested enough in the system to learn.

It is also clear that some know zero about the constitution of the United States and what it represents and their duty to it,even more so politicians that would never risk their skin to protect it or uphold it and govern based on fear of retribution,but they have zero problems sending others into battle to enforce it.

It is pretty clear where the majority that were tasked with providing a unquestionable voting system dropped the ball,if they had not there would have been no room to question.

But right on que it is everybody else’s fault and everybody that disagrees with me is a traitor.
    Like the rain dripping down my window.

The first idiot has stepped forward....Texas GOP actually suggests secession after Trump’s Supreme Court election challenge fails – Raw Story

Next for our President will be his first veto over-ride from his own party, and hopefully a dual loss in the Georgia Senate races, and all because of Donny's ego. We'll see how loyal his Republican minions are after they realize his recent actions caused their loss. "Make Georgia howl".

^ remember it was not long ago when California was threatening to succeed and become their own country,there is a lot of rhetoric on both sides.

PR has been fighting to become independent or a 51st state for the last 50 years,we all know that the odds of that happening or gaining traction is slim to none.

The rain you see on your window are the tears and all that remains of your blue wave.

I would not be to excited about GA,we are up to your Wiley ways,they will be under a microscope like an ant in a sunny day.

Not sure what the drama is really about,all you guys did was put somebody in that has a proven track record of 47 years of doing little or nothing and even worse proved during the years of VP under Obama that they are beholden to Wall Street and big corporations.

Of course we could always use your playbook and just start impeachment talks before even he takes office,the only reprieve you get from that is his running mate is worse,like that was not planned.

You invented all this pound stuff #resist #notmypresident #orangemanbad

You guys have spent the last 12 years demonizing everybody that you do not agree with and now all of the sudden say,we are going to install unity ha ha ha that must be some really good smoke.

Notice how all of the sudden the leftest protests stopped,cities stopped burning Kinda like right on cue.
    Last edited by Richard; December-12-20 at 10:52 AM.

In the words of Jerry Ford, “Let this be the end of our long national nightmare...”

Richard, you preached sedition. The destruction of our republic via a myriad of false narratives all designed to undermine the foundation of our society.

I count you a traitor to the constitution.

Usually I just make fun of you and you pomposity; not today.

As a person who has seen a country in a civil war, I know a copperhead when I see one.

You are a traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ remember it was not long ago when California was threatening to succeed and become their own country,there is a lot of rhetoric on both sides.
    I don't believe they succeeded at seceding. They were more focused on separating into two or maybe six states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Next for our President will be his first veto over-ride from his own party, and hopefully a dual loss in the Georgia Senate races,
    I don't expect both seats. Not sure I expect one.

And at least some GOP said they would vote for the bill but not for an override.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    In the words of Jerry Ford, “Let this be the end of our long national nightmare...”

Richard, you preached sedition. The destruction of our republic via a myriad of false narratives all designed to undermine the foundation of our society.

As a person who has seen a country in a civil war, I know a copperhead when I see one.

You are a traitor.
    You are pretty footloose with the word traitor,I served my country and put my life on the line for it,you sound like you sat on the sidelines and watched.

All you have to do is show me where I have ever preached sedition,but you cannot and now you are just talking bout of your ass as usual,cannot expect much who hides behind a lawn ornament as a fake name.

Do not take it out on me personally because you are coming to the realization that you may have won and lost at the same time.

What part about you guys and including you personally have spent the last 4 years trying to remove a sitting President simply because you did not like the results,you had zero problems disenfranchisement of all those voters in that process,not sure why you think that you are so special and exclusive after pushing those false narratives for those 4 years.

You accused me of something,now you need to copy and paste or provide a link to the post where I have ever supported sedation.

I am waiting.
    Last edited by Richard; December-12-20 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I don't expect both seats. Not sure I expect one.

And at least some GOP said they would vote for the bill but not for an override.
    Agreed, but I thought all the talk of taking Georgia was a pipe dream too. Thank God we cheated and got away with it. Watching Lou Dobbs having a meltdown has become my new tv pastime. I want some more episodes between my football tv schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

You are a traitor.
    From Wikipedia: ""Sedition complements treason and martial law: while treason controls primarily the privileged, ecclesiastical opponents, priests, and Jesuits, as well as certain commoners; and martial law frightens commoners, sedition frightens intellectuals."
    Sedition is different from treason. Are you frightened?

But let's move on to treason; again from Wikipedia:
    Treason is the crime of attacking a state authority to which one owes allegiance. This typically includes acts such as participating in a war against one's native country, attempting to overthrow its government, spying on its military, its diplomats, or its secret services for a hostile and foreign power, or attempting to kill its head of state. A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor...

At times, the term traitor has been used as a political epithet, regardless of any verifiable treasonable action. In a civil war or insurrection, the winners may deem the losers to be traitors. Likewise the term traitor is used in heated political discussion – typically as a slur against political dissidents, or against officials in power who are perceived as failing to act in the best interest of their constituents.

To be charitable, you may be just using a slur in a heated political discussion. I am prone to think of Democrats as traitors for colluding with the rich, for instance Biden's corporatist globalist puppeteers and Democrats' alliance with foreign interests against working Americans. So I too am guilty of at least thinking the same. However, the Constitution sets out its own definition of traitors which is much more narrow so I can't call you a traitor nor you Richard.

Since Richard did none of those things, I assume you are flippantly using the term 'traitor' rhetorically like I do with Democrats who sleep with the enemy and accept their bribes.
    Again, from Wikipedia-

The offense of treason exists at both federal and state levels. The federal crime is defined in the Constitution as either levying war against the United States or adhering to its enemies, and carries a sentence of death or imprisonment and fine.

The United States Constitution. Article III, section 3 reads as follows:The Constitution does not itself create the offense; it only restricts the definition [[the first paragraph), permits the United States Congress to create the offense, and restricts any punishment for treason to only the convicted [[the second paragraph). The crime is prohibited by legislation passed by Congress. Therefore, the United States Code at 18 U.S.C.§ 2381 states:

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

Since Richard did none of those things and you probably don't wish Richard's death, I assume you are flippantly using the term 'traitor' rhetorically like I do with Democrats [[or Republicans) who sleep with the enemy, accept their bribes and make self serving contracts with them.
    Last edited by oladub; December-12-20 at 12:15 PM.

While I enjoy the debate over evil, I'm much more curious what Detroit should do to increase confidence in future elections.

Can we agree that a substantial portion of the population of the USA believes there's a problem with elections?

That alone seems to call for action.

May I ask that we not blame anybody here, but just identify ways of increasing trust?

Hopefully nobody on this thread DECREASED your trust
    in Detroit's election results by defending Detroit's 2020
    November election with bluster.

Absolutely NO mail in voting except absentee with a verified fair reason, More polling places where people can vote IN Person with a photo id exclusive to ONLY Citizens of the U.S.A. One Day where everyone votes. Poll watchers cannot be kicked out of counting area and can enlist their party's rep to back them up during disputes. Paper ballots with ballot serial numbers logged in for every voter. Every voter must SIGN their ballot. Ballots are counted AT the polling place, not a centralized area.

How's that for a start?

No tampering with the Supreme Court number of justices and no other territories allowed statehood. Both amended to the U.S. Bill of Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    How's that for a start?
    Totalitarian Mein Fuhrer.

No tampering with the Supreme Court number of justices and no other territories allowed statehood. Both amended to the U.S. Bill of Rights.
    How un-American of you.

The number of Justices and states has been adjusted many times in American history. They likely will be many more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    While I enjoy the debate over evil, I'm much more curious what Detroit should do to increase confidence in future elections.

Can we agree that a substantial portion of the population of the USA believes there's a problem with elections?

That alone seems to call for action.

May I ask that we not blame anybody here, but just identify ways of increasing trust?
    Thanks, Wesley. I agree. Or, we can devote another couple hundred posts to venting and general BS [[only my opinion).

The Michigan Bureau of Elections will conduct a raft of audits in the coming weeks, including reviews at the state level, in Antrim and Wayne counties, and in 200 other jurisdictions.
    The undertaking is the "most comprehensive post-election audits of any election in state history," the bureau said Wednesday.
    The preliminary plans come after more than a month of lawsuits, press conferences, committee hearings and protests questioning Michigan's election results, which placed President-elect Joe Biden 154,000 votes ahead of President Donald Trump.
    Post-election audits are common, but those announced Wednesday by Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson are more than have ever been conducted before in an effort to demonstrate "the integrity of our election."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...es/3863350001/

Maybe a precedent has been set if it has been at that number for 150 years? Everybody has been hollering about settled law on a court ruling from 1973. [[not a law but a court derived decision though)

Wow, y'all have written a lot the past couple days!
    Forgive me if I post more than once [[or twice), but I'll share thoughts as I read your posts [[skipping Richard's, and a rare few others).
    Feel free to skip mine too. [[╹◡◠)

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    the preferred Hate Trump vs. Love Biden 50/50 split playbook!
    Where did you get that? I don't know anyone who loves Biden. But I do know a lot of people who hate Trump and are deeply relieved we'll be rid of his madness and overall badness.

Speaking strictly for myself, I disagree with Biden on more than a few policies, and I'd rather we have a President more in keeping with the future direction we need, but I love that we'll have a competent and respectable President and cabinet of executive advisors for the first time in 4 years.

Then again I don't get my news from TV.
    Last edited by bust; December-12-20 at 08:40 PM.

Maybe a precedent has been set if it has been at that number for 150 years? Everybody has been hollering about settled law on a court ruling from 1973. [[not a law but a court derived decision though)
    That comparison doesn't really make any sense. Stare decisis is one of the basic principles of common law. The number of justices or states are things explicitly not limited by the constitution.

Maybe a precedent has been set if it has been at that number for 150 years?
    If you're still talking about Justices and States, neither has been at the current number for '150 years'.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    But it's plain to see that Republicans want a world where judges nullify the popular will.
    I suggest we pause to reflect more deeply upon this.

Our two party system is so flawed we have one party that can only win a national election in an enormous popular vote landslide, and another that can win even if they lose the popular vote by a landslide.

Democracy is one person one vote, and all votes are equal.
    That is not the system we have.
    Yet which party whines the system is rigged?

Sorry, my mistake. Last state was Hawaii in 1959 [[61 years) and United States Supreme Court Justices at 9 since 1869 [[151 years).

We live in a Republic, not a Democracy. The Electoral College was selected to prevent disenfranchisement of rural or smaller states. It gives rural and smaller states representation in a way direct elections do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    All this is such BS, and a waste of time. He's only doing it to generate funds for all his legal problems. And I hear he's making out big, like the conman and thief that he is.
    He sure is. He's got giant debts to pay and he's scared shitless this time they won't be forgiven, for once.
    Giuliani [[$20,000/day) and a swamp of sham lawyers are making out big stretching this out too.

But there's more to it than that.
    There are a large number of Republicans who put party before country and will do anything to undermine the incoming administration. Like red meat to pirañas, bogus accusations against Democrats-- no matter how rotten or not-- trigger but never satiate their instinct to attack.
    Last edited by bust; December-12-20 at 06:21 PM.

An election is fair when rules chosen by the state legislature are not cast aside by officials who have no jurisdiction over the when and how an election is held.

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast