Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He is in a low security prison where they have dorms and not really cells so it is not like he is in an actual prison.
    Still. Shouldn't we at least get him a card?

I hope they carry him out of prison feet first. He deserves every hour of every day he's been sentenced to. May he rot in hell!

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I hope they carry him out of prison feet first. He deserves every hour of every day he's been sentenced to. May he rot in hell!

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    You sound pretty bitter. Is there some past connection you have with him?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Yeah, he screwed over our city, it's people, it's communities, it's children and still has zero remorse about it. He has ruined many lives, of course we're bitter. Kwame is a psychopath, he will never care or think about anybody but himself.

Anybody who cares an ounce about Detroit would feel exactly the same way about Mr. Kilpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Duggan needs to get the f*ck out, we need someone better. What a disgrace, you would think any association at all with Kilpatrick would be political suicide much less showering him with praise. Duggan did endorse Biden so I can't say this is too surprising.
    We just went thru a long line of either mediocre or horrible mayors... like him or not Duggan is the best mayor Detroit has had in decades. Can you name someone who would be better? Would you like a Sheffield or a Conyers Jr. or Coleman Jr. in the Manoogian Mansion?

I don't agree with everything Duggan has done, but he has done a lot to put Detroit on the right path.

And so he endorsed Biden... so what? You want 4 more years of lying, name calling, and "blame everyone but me" in the White House?
    Last edited by Gistok; May-27-20 at 11:53 AM.

I believe he's a retired firefighter or police officer, who is not only bitter about having to witness the city's downfall over the past few decades, but was also "burned" during the bakruptcy all caused in part by the corruption at CAYMC that folks like Kilpatrick participated in and even encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    We just went thru a long line of either mediocre or horrible mayors... like him or not Duggan is the best mayor Detroit has had in decades. Can you name someone who would be better? Would you like a Sheffield or a Conyers Jr. or Coleman Jr. in the Manoogian Mansion?
    It's easy to be "the best mayor in decades" when you have a philanthropic business man pouring a ton of money into your city's core *AND* have a clean balance sheet to work with after screwing over your creditors, workers and retirees.

Under that thin veil, Duggan is cut from the same McNamera machine as the rest of them.

Anybody who cares an ounce about Detroit would feel exactly the same way about Mr. Kilpatrick.
    Y'all need to see a shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Still. Shouldn't we at least get him a card?
    lol,you think hallmark has a special moment card we could send to honor the occasion?

Maybe a box of chocolates,with a hidden plastic made in China file that would break as soon as he tried cutting the bars with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I believe he's a retired firefighter or police officer, who is not only bitter about having to witness the city's downfall over the past few decades, but was also "burned" during the bakruptcy all caused in part by the corruption at CAYMC that folks like Kilpatrick participated in and even encouraged.
    He was almost your new neighbor,did you bake some cookies or a macaroni salad to welcome him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    That's the thing, Duggan only looks good because Detroit has had nothing but horrible Satan's spawn mayors or at best do-nothing mayors since Cobo took office.

Duggan is a mediocre mayor at best who's moderately corrupt. I'm not saying we riot and remove him, I'm saying the city can do better and deserves better and if somebody better comes along we should not hesitate to remove Duggan.

Anyway he made a total fool of himself with those Kwame comments. Fresh start for a f*cking crime boss who stole millions from the city? Are you kidding me?

Y'all need to see a shrink.
    Y'all need critical thinking skills if you waste a single thought on sympathy for Kilpatrick.

I believe he's a retired firefighter or police officer, who is not only bitter...
    I feel like you're the last person in the history of the internet to ever be calling somebody else "bitter".

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He was almost your new neighbor,did you bake some cookies or a macaroni salad to welcome him?
    What are you talking about?

EDIT: Now I see where there was speculation of him being under house arrest with his mom in Georgia.

Frankly, I might just be willing to trade him for Brian Kemp [[aka lil' Trump).
    Last edited by 313WX; May-27-20 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    They claim he stole 90 million dollars. Was the money recovered or traced to where it was spent? Last I remember reading about this, in 2013, was "some" of it was recovered. I don't remember reading that it was all, or most of it, found. Also, Detroit couldn't make ends meet, and was way on it's way to insolvency, during that time period. That's what finally led to the bankruptcy.
    Also, to your point, there was as disastrous bond sale that took place in 2005 under Kwame Kilpatrick that many folks believe ignited the powder keg when it reached maturity in 2012 / 2013.

So the rumor that you all have been foaming at the mouth over for four pages turned out to be total bullshit? Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    So the rumor that you all have been foaming at the mouth over for four pages turned out to be total bullshit? Sad!
    Our resident Russiagate conspiracy theorist shouldn't be throwing stones...

Our resident Russiagate conspiracy theorist shouldn't be throwing stones...
    Sad attempt at deflection, and off-topic as well. Have a blessed day!

Have a blessed day!
    You too!!!

---- Amen ----

It was posted in the media source as a done deal,are you saying the media is not to be trusted and in no way a malicious tool.

Apparently the parol board agreed with many here,he is in good company there,a few other politicians that overstepped their roles residing alongside of him.

anyone who considers themselves on guard for "fake news" just had their skepticism proven in a brutal way. In particular for African-American social circles, conspiracy theories will be amplified about "just what really happened" in the roll out of this narrative. [["Did Trump change his mind? Did William Barr? Did a promised donation not come through? Maybe Kwame was defiant and said hell-no he won't campaign for him!....")
    Casual observers [[in black culture, anyway) may tend to assume that "The Ebony Foundation" is somehow related to the venerable magazine [[which has experienced tumultuous events in recent years); but it is most certainly not related.
    Exactly who these people are and why they chose to send out a woefully premature press release, needs to be explored, if there are any answers to be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    anyone who considers themselves on guard for "fake news" just had their skepticism proven in a brutal way. In particular for African-American social circles, conspiracy theories will be amplified about "just what really happened" in the roll out of this narrative. [["Did Trump change his mind? Did William Barr? Did a promised donation not come through? Maybe Kwame was defiant and said hell-no he won't campaign for him!....")
    Casual observers [[in black culture, anyway) may tend to assume that "The Ebony Foundation" is somehow related to the venerable magazine [[which has experienced tumultuous events in recent years); but it is most certainly not related.
    Exactly who these people are and why they chose to send out a woefully premature press release, needs to be explored, if there are any answers to be found here.

HS, if you go to their website, the name says "ebonyjet" in the link. [[remember Jet magazine?) I thought I remembered the two had merged when both magazines had fallen on readership decline. Not sure if one or the other, or both, are associated with the Foundation. It seems odd though.

https://www.ebonyjet.org/ebony-foundation

That's the thing, Duggan only looks good because Detroit has had nothing but horrible Satan's spawn mayors or at best do-nothing mayors since Cobo took office.

Duggan is a mediocre mayor at best who's moderately corrupt. I'm not saying we riot and remove him, I'm saying the city can do better and deserves better and if somebody better comes along we should not hesitate to remove Duggan.

Anyway he made a total fool of himself with those Kwame comments. Fresh start for a f*cking crime boss who stole millions from the city? Are you kidding me?
    I don't disagree that being "the best of the worst" is anything great. And yeah Kilpatrick, his dad Bernard, Duggan and Jennifer Granholm all came from the McNamara "machine".

My biggest fear is that we could get much worse to replace him... such as one of those Mega-Church preachers such as Horace Sheffield to try running again. Then things will get worse.

At least Duggan is doing a good job trying to get businesses to come to Detroit. But I don't care for his bully tactics either.

Nobody is on the city "radar" that could do a whole lot better...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast