Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Mike Duggan helping the Kwamster should be of no surprise to anyone... they both were part of the MacNamara political machine...

Duggan needs to get the f*ck out, we need someone better. What a disgrace, you would think any association at all with Kilpatrick would be political suicide much less showering him with praise. Duggan did endorse Biden so I can't say this is too surprising.

Kwame should serve that sentence. What he did to the residents of Detroit is disgusting.

I’m also curious as to why Karmanos likes him so much.

To me it is almost like there was a private commission running the city, the mayor was the political face, everything else was secondary, what the mayor did was his side gig while in office.

But it did not stop with him, during the bankruptcy a lot of city properties and assets were transferred to untraceable offshore corporations.

I do not think it ended with Kilpatrick and there needs to be a review from outside of the state control. I think he was guilty but I also think he was the fall guy.
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-20 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    To me it is almost like there was a private commission running the city, the mayor was the political face, everything else was secondary, what the mayor did was his side gig while in office.

But it did not stop with him, during the bankruptcy a lot of city properties and assets were transferred to untraceable offshore corporations.

I do not think it ended with Kilpatrick and there needs to be a review from outside of the state control. I think he was guilty but I also think he was the fall guy.
    Huh? Kwame got booted from office 5 years before the city filed for bankruptcy... do you have any source for your claim that property was transferred offshore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Huh? Kwame got booted from office 5 years before the city filed for bankruptcy... do you have any source for your claim that property was transferred offshore?

They claim he stole 90 million dollars. Was the money recovered or traced to where it was spent? Last I remember reading about this, in 2013, was "some" of it was recovered. I don't remember reading that it was all, or most of it, found. Also, Detroit couldn't make ends meet, and was way on it's way to insolvency, during that time period. That's what finally led to the bankruptcy.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; May-24-20 at 03:33 PM.

I'm about as anti-Kwame as anybody here. KK is as KK does and or did...what you see is what you get with this brother. There were alot of very good people in the city who believed in this fool till the shoe dropped...this always saddened me. What I don't like about his release is how he tried everrrreyyyy possssible hustle to get out of prison [[yea Lowell, 0.00% remorse)....to then have his release facilitated by a pandemic. What luck!
    That said, 28 years was excessive [[some could retort that the bottomless pit that is KK's ego earned every month of 28...and I hear ya!)...I always thought 10-12 years was deserved. I'm disappointed he ain't doing at least 10. This is one lucky sob

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    you honestly believe Kilpatrick was the only spoke in the wheel and his removal was the end of things?

The rest is public record,look it up,it’s not hard,look at what was transferred,why would they have to go to untraceable offshore accounts when you can incorporate in Delaware or Arizona with no ownership disclosure.You transfer offshore so you can pay offshore with no paper trail,instead of calling it my claim because you refuse to see.

You were right there the whole time championing the rape and pillage in both cases.Now you try and defend it?

Billions were pulled out of the city and people gave up their life pensions that they worked hard for,they have a right to know the whole truth,until they do and deal with it,everything remains the same.

Gistoc you posted it,Kilpatrick had Duggans support because he was a part of the machine,you are thinking that machine went away and it stopped at the city level?

Kilpatrick was a face,he got reckless and got caught,drew the attention of the feds and the rest of the machine kicked in with damage control and a bankruptcy to save face,he took the fall.

He may be smart but he was needed at the time,and as everybody found out he was not that smart.
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-20 at 04:31 PM.

Y'all pickin' on him because..................well, never mind. I've heard that before, it seems.

He still owes The City. But he's also under court orders to pony up for 6 years of false tax returns. And Uncle almost always gets his first!

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I’m also curious as to why Karmanos likes him so much.
    Because he has something on Karmanos.

After raping and pillaging the City of Detroit for years, pay to play, suspected murder, scandal after scandal, destroying many city employees livelihoods by stealing from pensions, and ultimately bankrupting the City, he should never see the light of day!
    Last edited by cla1945; May-24-20 at 10:17 PM.

Coronavirus conspiracy theory #356: This virus thing was something cooked-up by the Kamuy Kilpatrick camp as a means to get him out of jail early. [[There may be something to this!!!!!!!)

Name:  ScreenHunter 957.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  52.4 KB

er.. ah.. uh... we'll see what happens, I suppose.
    I'm not part of the largely suburban/outstate "wanting to see him die in prison" crowd. ​But I'm also not among the "second coming of Coleman Young... Biblical redemption story" crowd regarding his pending release. I'm not coming to his paid lecture events [[they're coming. And yeah, if he earns his legal bread that way, so be it). I just hope he humbles himself and totally leaves politics alone from now on. Just leave it alone.
    A former coworker told me more than a few times that, pre-mayoral bid, Mr. K was a solid presence in facilitating a male youth mentoring program at the then-Marcus Garvey Academy school in the city. Post-inauguration, he couldn't get a meeting to save his life. Oh well.
    I was also a coworker with Ms. Beatty's mother: a sweet and smart woman, and she absolutely never talked about "the stuff" [[before, during, or after-- not that I blame her). To my knowledge she's moved to the Atlanta area to help out with her grandkids.
    Mr. K., Go see your sons. Be there for them. The "Detroit machine/ trough/ swamp" ain't where it's at anymore. For everybody's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I'm not part of the largely suburban/outstate "wanting to see him die in prison" crowd.
    Last time I checked... he didn't screw over or bilk millions from us suburbanites. I'm sure a lot of Detroiters [[downtowners) wanted to see him rot too.

Personally, I think he's done his time...

"I just hope he humbles himself"

...will Vegas take odds on this kind of thing?

The BOP website shows him as still in prison as of today.

Ml Elrick just pointed this out on Facebook
    Kwame Kilpatrick denied early release from federal prison
    Disgraced former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick on Tuesday was denied early release from federal prison.
    Family, friends and supporters had said last week they had word he would get out 21 years before his federal corruption sentence ended because of a coronavirus outbreak in his facility.
    The federal Bureau of Prisons has released a statement: "On Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the federal Bureau of Prisons reviewed and denied inmate Kwame Kilpatrick for home confinement. Mr. Kilpatrick remains incarcerated at the federal correctional institution in Oakdale, Louisiana."
    The U.S. Attorney's Office in Detroit had no comment late Tuesday, according to spokeswoman Gina Balaya.

This story is developing. Come back to freep.com for more.
    Last edited by jcole; May-26-20 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Duggan needs to get the f*ck out, we need someone better. What a disgrace, you would think any association at all with Kilpatrick would be political suicide much less showering him with praise. Duggan did endorse Biden so I can't say this is too surprising.
    Somebody needs to get "der Fuhrer" out of office.

Kwame Kilpatrick won't be released from prison early, feds reveal

Detroit — Federal officials Tuesday refused to free former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick on home confinement amid the COVID-19 outbreak, contrary to what supporters last week hailed as an imminent release from an unfair prison sentence.
    A Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman told The Detroit News late Tuesday night that officials reviewed Kilpatrick's case and refused to release him nearly 17 years early on home confinement. The review appeared to be part of a broader effort to release prisoners in hopes of stemming the spread of a virus that has killed 64 federal inmates nationwide.
    "On Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Federal Bureau of Prisons reviewed and denied inmate Kwame Kilpatrick for home confinement," the Bureau of Prisons office of public affairs wrote in an email to The News. Kilpatrick remains incarcerated at the low-security prison in Oakdale, La., where his release date is January 2037.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2020/05/26/ex-detroit-mayor-kwame-kilpatrick-not-released-prison-early/5259845002/
    Last edited by Metro25; May-26-20 at 10:18 PM.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA YES YES YES!

Rot Kwame Rot!

Kwame sympathizers you are also free to join him!
    Last edited by Metro25; May-26-20 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    This is what it seems like to me, you cant just decide to release somebody 17 years early from federal prison without a pardon. A publicity stunt for that group perhaps.
    lol,it was reported as a done deal,you see how the press likes to manipulate people.

Parole board said NWIH.

He is in a low security prison where they have dorms and not really cells so it is not like he is in an actual prison.

I had a friend that went to one,got to bring his tennis rackets and sneakers etc. it was kinda like living on a collage campus.

I still think his early release would have been a slap on the face to many that do not deserve it.
    Last edited by Richard; May-26-20 at 11:32 PM.

I spotted this in the Free Press article:
    Gay-Dagnogo, who earlier this year hand-delivered a letter on Kilpatrick's behalf to Trump during a White House event, said late Tuesday: "I'm very disappointed and want to know why a sitting president would lie."

Soundslike she's been living under a rock someplace the last 3 1/2 years if she's not used it by now...

Trump LIE!!! Nooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    I spotted this in the Free Press article:
    Gay-Dagnogo, who earlier this year hand-delivered a letter on Kilpatrick's behalf to Trump during a White House event, said late Tuesday: "I'm very disappointed and want to know why a sitting president would lie."

Soundslike she's been living under a rock someplace the last 3 1/2 years if she's not used it by now...

Thank you Dept. of Justice. Keep that PIMP, the Godfather, King Kwame in prison.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast