Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Danny -

Maybe you should get a job at the NWS Detroit Metro, as you seem to be just as right as they are !

Still have February to get through, but so far this winter hasn't been bad at all.

Name:  badges.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  27.0 KBSnow? Snow? Out here, we doan' need no steenkin' snow.

Michigan Michigan, land of snow. If you don't like, it you can go.

^ More like the land of the 'cold' -- unless you head more north, even near north. Chicago city seems to have the snow and wind-blown colder!

The 2021 Great Lakes ice cover max will average about 30%, thus increasing the amount of water evaporation. Someone already mentioned the lake levels have dropped a foot already since September. Also, that should make for milder temps, as the colder air coming from Wisconsin and Illinois is tempered by open water.

FEBRUARY:

Polar Vortex will leave the Canadian Shield Area and temps will rise to upper 20s near 30s with a small batch of rain. Then dip back to the upper teens. A winter storm warning may occur and fewer show showers every 4 to 5 days a week.

RESULTS:

Polar Vortex arrive at the Canadian Shield Area leading into a parade of winter storms 4 to 5 days a week. It even effected Texas, too. Upper teens happen in our state for one week.

I was right.

Well, except for those 2 weeks of the Polar Vortex... our winter this year has been quite mild... more like an El Nino...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well, except for those 2 weeks of the Polar Vortex... our winter this year has been quite mild... more like an El Nino...
    This is a weak La Nina Winter not a El-Nino.

Spring is in the air. People start acting nutty after months of cabin fever. Like this guy.

Name:  Screenshot_20210227-143330_Flightradar24.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  214.5 KB

Drivers in Warren are revving up their Trans Ams and blowing their horns if you're going slower than 45 on Dequindre...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well we had an El Nino winter last year... and if people remember... it didn't start warming up until June...
    Right. I seem to remember winter itself wasn't too bad, and we had a brief warmup in March or April, and I was thinking maybe we would have an early spring and summer, then we had a really chilly and damp April and May, and summer wasn't that great either.

I thought El Nino meant a mild Winter such as the one that Michigan had in the winter of 1982-83

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I thought El Nino meant a mild Winter such as the one that Michigan had in the winter of 1982-83
    I remember that mild winter you referred to. It was incredible, there was never a winter like that before or after. Then I remember the summer of 1992, it didn’t get nice out until August.

Back in 1977, it was 86° on Easter Sunday and it never got below freezing that spring/summer. It was one of the most beautiful Michigan Springs I can remember
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I remember that mild winter you referred to. It was incredible, there was never a winter like that before or after. Then I remember the summer of 1992, it didn’t get nice out until August.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Back in 1977, it was 86° on Easter Sunday and it never got below freezing that spring/summer. It was one of the most beautiful Michigan Springs I can remember
    I remember the winter of 76/77. January was a rough month but the weather started getting milder in February with snow melting then a major warm up in April that lead to one of the hottest summer on record for Michigan. It was so hot the one of the local news anchorman cracked an egg on a sidewalk and it started sizzling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2