Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Roundabouts

I hope you're right. Van Dyke and 18 mile is rated the 4th worst intersection in MI.

18 1/2 Mile Rd @ Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights, 118 Total Crashes, 10 Injuries [[Roundabout)

Macomb County is way too dumb to comprehend roundabouts.

I'd really like to see data on how DUI drivers handle roundabouts.

I imagine they'd have more trouble negotiating those than normal intersections but then the less-fatal sideswipe factor would come into play too. I'd guess they'd just hop the curb anywhere.

I wonder if they ever try to circle them clockwise? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Macomb County is way too dumb to comprehend roundabouts.
    Really? MikeM, that comment was beneath you! Let's wait until Detroit gets their first one, and then we can criticize Macomb County...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Really? MikeM, that comment was beneath you! Let's wait until Detroit gets their first one, and then we can criticize Macomb County...

Amen... People can't figure out how a 4 way stop works. This'll be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Amen... People can't figure out how a 4 way stop works. This'll be fun.

If anybody needs help, have them p.m. me, I can help. Then, they can tell their friends…

I work sometimes in the Farmington Hills/ West Bloomfield area and had to master that off-kilter big roundabout at Northwestern and Orchard Lake. You mainly have to proceed without fear once your 'turn' comes to go thru - or make a right or on the left option. You must be sure and confident in your steering thru a roundabout.

I've seen near crashes from those 'doddering' thru or even stopping within some roundabouts. Nearly causing accidents. There are signs as you approach them. You have look carefully, choose the right lane to go thru or turn: then GO thru~fast! I've adapted to driving them with confidence - seeing the advantages. Initially I really hated them.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-09-23 at 07:54 AM.

I had not realized the huge cost of maintaining traffic lights. Multiply that by the number of intersections that could be replaced with roundabouts and you get a pretty significant savings. That cost is address at timeline 5:50 of this video.
    https://youtu.be/atORPw-w83I?si=d_WYyBMdZ0luETnt

The best use of roundabouts [[rotaries) I've ever experienced is in Sedona, AZ. There must be 13 in a 5-mile stretch. There would be total gridlock in that town without them.

The only ones I use consistently are in Macomb County on Romeo Plank, and they seem pretty efficient to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    The best use of roundabouts [[rotaries) I've ever experienced is in Sedona, AZ. There must be 13 in a 5-mile stretch. There would be total gridlock in that town without them....
    I haven't been there in many years and yes, you're right. It was in total gridlock before those roundabouts, at least when tourists were foraging.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6