Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

My street was at 8 Biden signs, 4 Trump signs. However, yesterday two of the Trump signs were stolen. People shouldn't steal signs, regardless of which candidate they're for.

I attempted to help the neighbor who had the sign stolen by reviewing all my security camera footage, but unfortunately they didn't catch anything.

My family is doing a ceremony Tuesday at 8pm, we're going to remove our sign and watch the results come in. It will be nice to get this election behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    My street was at 8 Biden signs, 4 Trump signs. However, yesterday two of the Trump signs were stolen. People shouldn't steal signs, regardless of which candidate they're for.

I attempted to help the neighbor who had the sign stolen by reviewing all my security camera footage, but unfortunately they didn't catch anything.

My family is doing a ceremony Tuesday at 8pm, we're going to remove our sign and watch the results come in. It will be nice to get this election behind us.

It's never going to be truly behind us. Depending on the outcome, they'll be talking about it months after it's over. It's a damn shame how everything is politicized and how divided we all are.

A guy around the corner from my house must have got his trump sign stole. Now he has a big sign saying "you can steal my sign but you cant steal my vote".

Hah! That's gonna be the way of it more than a few - whatever their 'sign'!

I say stop with the damn signs. There are 3 or four of my neighbors that have them up and I live an a dead end cul de sac. I wonder what the purpose of the sign is? Just to let the neighbors know who they are voting for? Its not like we have any traffic going down the road. I know who I'm voting for but have no need or want to advertise it. Actually saw a few signs up in port huron that were saying "any capable adult" or something to that effect.
    Last edited by abraham; October-28-20 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Actually saw a few signs up in port huron that were saying "any capable adult" or something to that effect.
    I'm pretty sure that's another way of saying "Anyone but Trump" while being able to plausibly deny it if one of those beast mode wackos shows up.
    Last edited by bust; October-28-20 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic01 View Post
    Glad to hear you're not like these guys, Ray.

COSHOCTON, Ohio – An 84-year-old Ohio man was assaulted at his home for having a Joe Biden campaign sign
    Oh, that's funny, Vic....thanks for sharing. My next door neighbor is 87, and there are some mornings I think he could prolly whip my butt! But today was a good one, too bad he didn't start something!

[[Jokes aside.....I'm so grateful for having superb neighbors out her in southern Nevada. Back in Michigan, I'd prolly have one or two aholes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post

You handled that with class, Scott. Invite your neighbor over for the ceremony.

Vote for me, me, me and me!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.35.43 PM.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  142.3 KB

Or perhaps this variant: Any adult that can control their children [[the mobs)

Too long I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    ...Actually saw a few signs up in port huron that were saying "any capable adult" or something to that effect.

Fun blog post by the renowned Detroit photographer and author David Clements.
    https://www.davidclementsproductions...unty-michigan/

For example:
    Name:  Sign-7-72-dpi.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  116.4 KB
    Last edited by admin; November-06-20 at 10:38 AM.

My sentiments exactly! Though one candidate leans more towards the sucky status though I'll leave it that, lest I be banished to the outer realm......
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-04-20 at 06:37 AM.

^^ confirmation! :~D Not that I needed it.

There are a few more whose opinions would multiply it too.

Absolutely agree...... !

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    ...330 million people in this country and this is the best we can do? It’s been almost as much comedy as election.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-04-20 at 11:48 AM.

Once again several off topic posts discussing national politics have been moved to the Off Topic Post Dump.

Kindly keep discussions confined to topics directly related to the Detroit-Windsor family of communities only. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Last edited by admin; November-06-20 at 10:37 AM.

Yep, got it. So let's toss those lawn signs [[we didn't do signs) and get on with life. The weather's great and promising sunny 70's in Detroit the next two days.

I'm not going to loose all that is worthy or my mental health over poli-tricks Detroit, or national!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-06-20 at 02:04 PM.

The signs are disappearing and, best of all, my inbox is no longer flooded with desperate pleas for campaign contributions.

And I've stopped getting texts from BOTH sides..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    The signs are disappearing and, best of all, my inbox is no longer flooded with desperate pleas for campaign contributions.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5