Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My dad was an Inspector on DPD but had left by the time these murders took place so I didn't hear much about them. He retired in 73 and too the job of Chief in a small town up Van Dyke, so this was off my radar, but I do remember the Gil Hill years and a lot of the other crap that went on. I wonder if you were part of DPD from some of the things you've said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Thanks jcole. Police HQ was a puzzle-palace in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I wonder if you were part of DPD from some of the things you've said.
    No.

In reading about the 1975 trial of narcs and dope dealers known as the 10th Precinct Conspiracy [[Pingree St. Conspiracy) I noticed that an unindicted co-conspirator was named Harold Jackson. Does anyone know if that was the same Harold Jackson of Guy Willetts notoriety?
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; September-15-20 at 07:40 PM.

Speaking of the Soup Kitchen...

Name:  15143.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  103.8 KB

Yeah, Dennis Archer did great harms to the city but he undoubtedly had offers he couldn’t refuse.

This was Henry's calling card circa 1976.Name:  Business Card.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  47.2 KB

There are tiny handguns designed to accommodate either a .410 shotgun shell or a .45 caliber round. The .410 with buckshot has been a favorite with assassins because it's concealable and the buckshot isn't readily traceable to a specific rifled barrel. The only drawback is that firing either round from a small handgun stings like hell. Per Billy Bowles' article in the Freep dated 4-15-79, Normile was killed with a .410 shotgun, but I wonder if it was a handgun or derringer. Five days later Willetts got two rounds from a .45 automatic.Name:  Grizzly-02003.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  57.0 KB
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; September-25-20 at 04:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2