Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

All excellent choices in this thread.

I will nominate the whole block of surface parking between Randolph to Brush and Lafayette to Fort. Such a dead and sterile wide open space right smack downtown between two pedestrian heavy areas.

Randolph St downtown . The huge parking lot across from the Wayne County Building. Deserve a nice skyscraper or apartment highrise development.

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Randolph St downtown . The huge parking lot across from the Wayne County Building. Deserve a nice skyscraper or apartment highrise development.
    Agreed. Since you mentioned the Wayne County Building... what the heck is going on with that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    I'm holding out hope that someone will see the potential in making that lot a hotel with a connection to the Wayne County building as event space. That would be a killer addition to downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    I'm holding out hope that someone will see the potential in making that lot a hotel with a connection to the Wayne County building as event space. That would be a killer addition to downtown.
    Water under the bridge now but I thought that would have been a great spot for the Motown museum. Could have moved the original house onto the parking lot or lawn. The Wayne County Building was renovated 2 yrs. ago so the 50 million Motown is spending would have went a long way. Also a great spot for an auto museum but that's not a money maker and getting the Detroit 3 all on board probably would never happen.

The Wayne County Building and the adjacent lot are owned by the same people. Apparently they've invested 7 million into the building. No idea what they plan on doing with the lot. I thought it would make great apartments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2