Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    There will be an abundance of used tesla’s on the market in another 5 years at the most. You won’t be able to give them away!
    Previous predictions like yours haven't aged well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Previous predictions like yours haven't aged well.
    I honestly hope they’re right. I’ll take one! 🤣
    Teslas depreciate well so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    There will be an abundance of used tesla’s on the market in another 5 years at the most. You won’t be able to give them away!
    Tesla battery warranty is 8 years/100,000 miles. Considering that a replacement Tesla S battery will cost an estimated $5,000.00, anyone who buys a used Tesla that's anywhere close the end of the warranty period will be taking a huge financial risk.

Reminds me of a Jay Leno joke: "How do you double the resale value of a Yugo?" Answer: "Fill the tank."

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    No, Musk has set historical records in this country for the amount of incentives and grants he has received from the government. It was the whole reason Bezos had the HQ contest, he was jealous of Musk getting literally billions of dollars in public money. Tesla would have dissolved many years ago if this wasn't the case since it makes no annual profit.

GM, Ford, and Quicken are all home grown highly profitable titans of industry that produce tons of ongoing wealth for the state.
    You're just making stuff up because you don't like Elon Musk or Tesla. It's OK not to like him or his car. So no need to make stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwoods3 View Post
    Can't recall this ever reported locally, but GM has a very large tech-based facility in Austin too – their Austin IT Innovation Center opened in 2014. It is the largest of 4 GM innovation centers, with more than 2,600 employees in two locations. Other 3 are Warren, Mich., Phoenix, Ariz. and Roswell, Ga.

Plus GM Austin Customer Engagement Center, GM Financial Arlington Operations Service Center in Arlington, GM Financial Headquarters in Fort Worth, and GM Financial San Antonio Customer Service Center in San Antonio.

https://www.gm.com/our-company/us/tx.html
    GM has tech centers everywhere, not sure what your point is or what this has to do with what I said? GM financial is just a company GM bought that was already in Texas.

Cool, lol and this is relevant how?. Again what does this have to do with what I said? Also pretty sure GM has another one in Toronto.

Ya know who else is getting 5,000 "tech" jobs? Detroit, in Corktown at the Michigan central station.

And Texas only gave Apple about $40M in incentives. Again, making us look like fools for the figures we give to local oligarchs and multi-nationals.
    They "only" gave them 40 million for an office park in the middle of nowhere with a lot of far out 30+ year promises. But we're fools somehow? okay. You clearly came here to make bad faith comparisons since you're just listing raw incentive numbers and not attaching the actual investment amounts gotten in return.

Says here GM's global tech center [[aka Warren) employs 21,000 people, so in what world is their Austin center the biggest? Like you're just making things up.

https://www.gm.com/our-company/us/techcenter.html

No, not "everywhere," they have 4. And the biggest is in Austin. You know what else is in Austin? Apple's new second headquarters. $1B construction, over 5,000 tech employees.

Attachment 40673
    I think they want it to house up to 15,000 employees but that’s not the point. And also, it’s not in the middle of nowhere. It’s 10-15 minutes from Domain in Austin.

Whatever happened to making Detroit a high tech manufacturing hub though? I saw an article a couple years back that said something about the state wanting to create a several billion dollar hub in Detroit for this exact purpose. That’s what Detroit should focus on economically. It is and always will be a manufacturing powerhouse. No need to compete with tech cities like Austin. Apples to oranges, people

And Texas only gave Apple about $40M in incentives. Again, making us look like fools for the figures we give to local oligarchs and multi-nationals.
    Are you the latest iteration of the "spewing anecdotal bullshit"guy?
    I give you 3-4 months.

$68M for those good tech and manufacturing jobs is relative peanuts compared to what we gave Little Caesars for a dumb hockey arena, what we gave FCA for the Jeep factory, and the $618M we gave Gilbert for the 4 projects he hasn't built. Heck, we gave Tom Gores nearly $40M in public dollars to move the Pistons to Detroit right after he just bought a $100M Beverly Hills mansion!

https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...nap-story.html
    But they are home grown highly profitable titans of industry that produce tons of ongoing wealth for the state!!!

/sarcasm
    Last edited by 313WX; August-10-20 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    I think they want it to house up to 15,000 employees but that’s not the point. And also, it’s not in the middle of nowhere. It’s 10-15 minutes from Domain in Austin.

Whatever happened to making Detroit a high tech manufacturing hub though? I saw an article a couple years back that said something about the state wanting to create a several billion dollar hub in Detroit for this exact purpose. That’s what Detroit should focus on economically. It is and always will be a manufacturing powerhouse. No need to compete with tech cities like Austin. Apples to oranges, people
    Like Amazon HQ2, it went the way of the Dodo bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Cool, lol and this is relevant how?. Again what does this have to do with what I said? Also pretty sure GM has another one in Toronto.

Ya know who else is getting 5,000 "tech" jobs? Detroit, in Corktown at the Michigan central station.
    Technically, it's 2,500 tech jobs at Ford with its suppliers having the option to lease their property for 2,500 of their employees.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3