Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Much of it will be recycled or sold as scrap. Some of it will inevitably go to a landfill.

Thanks for the reminder, I will get up and watch

Here's the video:

We could hear the implosion from Auburn [[21 Mile) and John R. It wasn't as loud as the Silverdome's attempt for us.

Here today gone today--Joe Louis, Silverdome and the now the Palace. I hated to see Tiger Stadium go but at least it's building pre-dated my birth and therefore didn't seem so egregiously wasteful. And what do we have in their place? Two more taxpayer subsidized venues.

But at least they are in Detroit.

[QUOTE=Lowell;596235]And what do we have in their place? Two more taxpayer subsidized venues.
    /QUOTE]

Actually we have 3!

Well, at least Bill Davidson built the Palace [[not including the road infrastructure) with strictly private money. Of course, the NBA would oppose that idea now. Actually, the Palace may have been the last NBA arena built with private money.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Well, at least Bill Davidson built the Palace [[not including the road infrastructure) with strictly private money. Of course, the NBA would oppose that idea now. Actually, the Palace may have been the last NBA arena built with private money.
    Scotiabank arena in Toronto was privately financed.

I wonder when the new planned developments will begin to take shape there. could be interesting overall, we'll see.

So what are they going to put in it's place, another strip mall?

^^^ An Amazon facility?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ An Amazon facility?
    That's at the Silverdome site.

“Of course” you could be really wrong about what the NBA would oppose...

The Chase Center the newly completed NBA arena that cost 1.4 Billion to build was privately financed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chas...-photos-2019-8

The NBA wouldn't oppose this at all. Barclays Center is Brooklyn was also developed entirely with private funding.

Makes you feel old when you count how many arenas/stadiums that you have been in/at that have since bit the dust. For me it's Olympia, JLA, Ford Auditorium, Tiger Stadium, Silverdome and now the Palace. Worse yet, how about those same buildings that you have outlived from their opening to their demolition? Man I'm getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Makes you feel old when you count how many arenas/stadiums that you have been in/at that have since bit the dust. For me it's Olympia, JLA, Ford Auditorium, Tiger Stadium, Silverdome and now the Palace. Worse yet, how about those same buildings that you have outlived from their opening to their demolition? Man I'm getting old.
    On the bright side you'll be long dead and Wrigley & Fenway will still be standing.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Add to your list the neighborhood theatres... for me it was the long gone Woods, Vogue, Punch & Judy, Esquire, Ramona, Eastland, Beacon East... as well as the Eastside, Gratiot and Bel Air drive-in theatres.

^^^ The Camelot on Ford Rd. in Dearborn [[now Greenland Supermarket)!

I grew up in the shadow of the Barn [[Olympia Stadium).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2